[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"He can rap on this WEIRD ass beat mang holy shit 10/10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 28

File: AtrocityExhibition.jpg (154KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AtrocityExhibition.jpg
154KB, 1000x1000px
>"He can rap on this WEIRD ass beat mang holy shit 10/10 aoty my nigga lmao"

This is literally the only argument anybody makes when I ask them why they like this shit. I fucking hate the experimental hiphop scene. Why is it just a piss competition about who can make the most annoying and earhurting beats? Do you in all honestly listen to this album and find yourself enjoying it?

If it is that easy to be "innovative" I'll just record my fucking washing machine or remix my own farts and people will look at it as something "artsy" and good.

The album is boring, music is supposed to be enjoyed and this is far from enjoyable, just someone showing his rapping skills.
>>
Not everyone is (You), though.
>>
>>69464568
This but unironically
>>
>>69464568
none of the beats are too out there or experimental.

experimental hip hop is a joke, compared to experimental any other genre, it's barely different from normal hip hop.
>>
>>69464568
Yes. It did a great job to capture the feeling of anxiety, lose of control and delirious euphoria.
>>
>>69464568
I like the album because it goes well with Danny's persona and lyrics. He raps about being high on XXX and Old, but the production reflects that on here, and it's interesting.

Also completely agree with >>69464595
>>
>>69464595
You're lame. And all those buzzwords are lame.
>muh every piece of art is supposed to have a message.
>>
File: leastintelligent.png (21KB, 263x200px) Image search: [Google]
leastintelligent.png
21KB, 263x200px
>>69464613
>anxiety, loss of control, and delirious euphoria are buzzwords
>>
>>69464568
But I liked it and found it interesting.
>>
>>69464649
Yes they are and I find them in every thread that discusses Danny.
>>
>>69464568
Is it super innovative? No
Is his rap skills something that rivals the best? No
Is it still a really fucking good album, with some of the best bangers of the year? Yes

But desu, I can't really name a rap album that sounded like this in the past couple of years. (And if anybody does, please throw them my way) That doesn't make it innovative, it's just a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>69464649
Lol, yeah they're up there with SJW, white guilt, alt right, memerap, other trending topics, the list goes on....
Adjectives are buzzwords, right?
>>
>>69464581
This
>>
>>69464568
The beats aren't that experimental and most of them aren't annoying though.
They're just a little darker in tone.
>>69464613
Every piece of art absolutely has a message you entry-level fuck.
Either way what is your problem with a piece of art having a message?
>>
what's your aoty then anon

tell me so i can reduce it to a >muh something
>>
File: Fang Lijun - Zang Fanzi.jpg (79KB, 461x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fang Lijun - Zang Fanzi.jpg
79KB, 461x600px
>>69464568
That's your opinion bud. Many people like this album. Who cares what you think?
>>
>>69465320
/board
>>
XXX > AE > Old =/= The Hybrid for me, senpai

If you think this project is better than XXX, I'm afraid you're just incorrect.
>>
>>69464595
>anxiety, lose of control and delirious euphoria
show me some examples of this by posting lyrics pertaining to each word
>>
>>69465667
do it yourself and listen to the album lazy fuck
>>
>>69465667
not him but holy shit are you serious?
>http://genius.com/Danny-brown-downward-spiral-lyrics
just read the lyrics to every song. it's literally the theme of the whole fucking album.
>>
>>69465473
XXX has too many weed dealer-tier guest verses where AE only has one (ab-soul)
>>
>>69464613
>all words are buzzwords
>>
>>69465786
literally only two features on XXX senpai. and it's a good bit longer than AE.
>>
>>69465667
You stupid fuck.
>>
>>69465762
>>69465778
Alright I'm still waiting for the _great job_ at capturing those themes because this doesn't really do it

I'm sweating like I’m in a rave
Been in this room for 3 days
Think I’m hearing voices
Paranoid and think I’m seeing ghost-es, oh shit
Phone keep ringing but I cut that shit off
Only time I use it when I tell the dealer drop it off
Had a threesome last night, ain’t matter what it cost
Couldn’t it get hard, tried to stuff it in soft
Had to fuck em both raw, keep my fingers crossed
Been grinding on my teeth so long it's swelling up my jaw
Nothing on but my bathrobe and pinky ring
Your worst nightmare for me is a normal dream
And if I learned anything
Is don’t nod off with ya motherfucking cigarette burning
Knocking on my door but I won’t answer
Residue on mirrors, Jojo dancer
>>
>>69465931
which is a serious disadvantage. the best hip hop albums get in, make their point, and get the fuck out
prove me wrong
>>
File: congrats.png (77KB, 265x173px) Image search: [Google]
congrats.png
77KB, 265x173px
>>69466104
>reads first lyrics
>wtf there's no theme
>>
>>69466104
how is anyone this retarded? It's not rocket science you fucking mong. He literally addresses all the aforementioned characteristics in that passage alone
>>
File: 4135001610.jpg (243KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4135001610.jpg
243KB, 1000x1000px
>>69466104
you don't see themes of anxiety or loss of control in those lyrics?
lol you are a fucking numbskull
>>
>>69466104
>song is literally about losing control, anxiety, and deliriousness
>"where's the loss of control, anxiety, and deliriousness?"
The song is fucking called "Downward Spiral" and you still don't see the theme? I almost think this is bait, but in case your skull is actually as thick as concrete here's a short breakdown.

He's been in his room for days on a drug bender. When he picks up some girls, he can't even get hard. Like him doing drugs, he isn't even enjoying the sex, but he keeps doing it anyway. This is called addiction. The only thing that stops the bender before he kills himself is he falls asleep with a cigarette, setting the bed on fire and triggering the fire alarm. When the fire department shows up, he's still so out of it he doesn't answer them knocking on the door.

This should be a wakeup call for him, but he just goes back to the lifestyle. In the next verse he talks about how guilty he is for his addiction and what it's doing to other people, but that guilt just fuels his addiction even more. He knows the only way it can end is when he eventually dies.

There, I broke down the song for you so you can understand the themes a little better.
>>
>>69464568
This is really pathetic OP. I see a lot of people shitting on hip hop on this board, but very few who dislike it simply because they can't comprehend it. You shouldn't be on a music board.
>>
>>69464568
>just someone showing his rapping skills
on a rap album? what the fuck is his problem?
>>
Think of literally any other experimental hip hop album and it's more interesting than Danny Brown's.
He was just at the right place at the right time to be gifted rave reviews and every pretentious lame hopped on the bandwagon to accessorize their taste with the token rap album of the year.
It's not very good music.
>>
>>69466846
anybody got a chart of experimental hip hop albums? don't know much about it
>>
bad album

danny brown had some good tracks on old but that's about it, he's a meme
>>
>>69464568
>annoying and earhurting beats
I just listened to a few tracks off this now and I can tell you don't listen to much electronic music.

I wouldn't say it's innovative either, but for completely different reasons to you. This album has mass appeal - it has been watered down to make it palatable (I'm not saying that's a bad thing, by the way). If it's still too much for you, that's on you.

It doesn't help that your critique essentially amounts to "hehe it sounds like a washing machine and remixed farts." Maybe try to be more specific.
>>
>>69464608
>He raps about being high on XXX and Old, but the production reflects that on here
Only in the genre of rap can something so stupid-sounding be considered a good thing.
>>
>>69467039
>what is psychedelia
>>
>>69464585
Reminds me of any Dead End Hip Hop review.
The couple more traditional dudes get all up in arms about this kind of "weird shit", like it's some groundbreaking departure.
>>
>>69467122
god that channel is cancer. myke is the only one who knows what he's talking about, and he's also the most annoying guy on the panel to listen to

it's a shame because they're pretty entertaining, they should cover general topics rather than just hip hop
>>
>>69467239
>they should cover general topics rather than just hip hop

they do. Check out their discussions w/ Sophie(who's a stupid bitch but she doesn't talk much so it's okay). It's the only thing I watch of theirs anymore other than the occasional review that I know Kin will end up talking himself into a corner on. Those are pretty funny. Feefo pisses me the fuck off when he talks about music but is the most sensible man in the room when they talk about politics or free speech, etc
>>
>>69467239
>general topics rather than just hip hop
>dead end hip hop
Come on son

But yeah I agree their insights are a total fucking snoozefest and their political opinions are usually pretty boring and predictable. I really only watch the reviews for Myke and Beezy. I like Myke's solo channel a bit too
>>
>>69467335
>Come on son
What's the problem? They shouldn't specialize in hip hop because they don't know enough about it

>I like Myke's solo channel a bit too
I just can't listen to the man speak for more than two minutes. But he definitely has much more music knowledge than anyone else on the panel, even if it's just black metal and various goth genres
>>
I think this album is too serious for its own good. Danny might have a decent flow but his lyrics are god awful, I'm not usually one to let that get to me too much but he literally changes words to make them rhyme and throws in lines a simple 16 year old would write. Really wanted to love this, big fan of XXX, thought Old was a misstep and then this came. It is an improvement and a decent album but makes me think XXX was a fluke
>>
>>69467239
Beezy is a cool guy and when he talks about something he likes he makes some good conversation (Nonane Gypsy's tape for example). Shame he is such a traditionalist that he doesn't talk about anything any way new or different.

Make can be funny and knows a decent bit about alternative hip-hop, but think he's a little biased against some more poppy/happy stuff that is actually good (kendricks pimp a butterfly for example) I know he liked it a bit but he wasn't praising it because of the poppy sounding tracks.

Feefo is my favourite , seems like a really cool guy and knows what he likes. Might not have much insight into musical ideas but I like his opinions in the conversations.

Kinge is great when you can tell he has what he says planned out and likes an album. Too much of an old head and when he doesn't have his thoughts planned out he rambles and makes no points for minutes at a time. Love listening to him when I'm baked because I find it hilarious
>>
>>69467490
>I think this album is too serious for its own good
Agree, the serious songs on this are extremely boring and ruin the mood for me. I think if it started off slow and ended at him dying from OD on White Lines or something like that, it could have been incredible.
>>
>>69467652
pretty solid synopsis. You can always tell when Kin hasn't prepared at all for an album but he'll spew random thoughts as if he did, and usually everyone will call him out at some point. His opinions outside of music are dog shit though. There was one about Wayne's black lives matter comments where he was actually trying to blame Wayne for inciting or encouraging racism and that he's to blame for self-hating blacks or some shit. It was emnbarrassing
>>69467490
I don't think it takes itself that seriously after the first half desu. You're trying to tell me Ain't It Funny or White Lines are trying too hard?
>>
File: MI0002097641.jpg (51KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
MI0002097641.jpg
51KB, 500x506px
>>69464568
How did pic related make (You) feel?
>>
>>69464568
Summer ended long ago, why are you still here?
>>
>>69466356
He adresses them but not in a great way, he's literally just scratching the surface. I went into this expecting some visceral picturesque shit that rips you in all the right ways but it ultimately ended up as vast disappointment. Even I can write better shit than that, check it

I will never shoot myself but sometimes I look down from that cliff
I hate myself I love myself, it's just that kind of relationship
Kobain in my veins, thinking of suicide again
Early morning vicodin to numb the pain that I am
Showing emotion but do not play me violin
I will do the same motion while holding a knife to skin
Play another sad story from my life again
Got lied to as a child and I think it affected me for the rest of my life
My granddad acted like I was dumb, lied in my eyes said I was his son
Mom was my sister, brothers were my nephews
How the fuck do you expect me to respect you when you make me feel like I was born in a test tube
Outsider in class, no one to sit next to
Do you really think the preacher knows the whole truth
The secrets of the universe and everything that holds you
What lies will they tell in your obituary
You can't find the meaning of life in a dictionairy

I got a call saying that I'll die tomorrow
My reply, fine life is borrowed
Something 'bout how the stars grow
Step in the dark and turn my heart cold
Last night I died for the eleventh time
Hate how you look in my eyes and read my mind
Don't believe adults because they're dead inside
That's something my innocence taught my pride
My addiction was feeding tumors, asking for trouble I should've seen it sooner
Believe the shooter, believe in jesus or buddha
There's too much smoke in this room to see the future
Don't fall for true lies, how does it feel behind two eyes
Maybe we're all too blind, a due death in due time
>>
File: tyrone laughing.jpg (93KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
tyrone laughing.jpg
93KB, 620x670px
>>69468180
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>69468180
meh/10
>>
>>69468180
what is subtlety
>>
>>69468180
you spelled dictionary wrong
>>
>>69468180
dude that's awful, how are you attacking Danny? I can't even tell what meter you wrote this by... is this just some kind of free verse?
>>
File: k-on laugh.gif (259KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
k-on laugh.gif
259KB, 500x354px
>>69468320
he probably doesn't know what a meter is
>>
>>69468320
>>69468348
it's in 2 you assholes
>>
>>69468180
This is FUCKING cringe damn
>>
File: PRxjOKU.png (246KB, 498x330px) Image search: [Google]
PRxjOKU.png
246KB, 498x330px
>>69468360
is this you?
>>
>>69464568

If that album hurts your ears than your ears would literally bleed if you heard something that was ACTUALLY abrasive.

You might as well just blatantly say "I have not listened to a lot of music at all and therefore can't comprehend why a lot of people would enjoy a slightly experimental but still very accessible record."
>>
>>69468405
fuck off, tell me what's wrong with my lyrics

not my fault if you're jealous or the metaphors go over your head
>>
File: 1438751692768.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1438751692768.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>69468426
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>69468360
lmao do you mean duple? And over 3/4ths of that is either not in duple or you would've had to condense your bars like crazy. Lemme guess anon, are you a Tech N9ne fan? hahah
>>
>>69468426
dude, live a little longer then you'll see by yourself what's wrong. don't assume your worldview is special. it's not.
>>
>>69468454
>Lemme guess anon, are you a Tech N9ne fan?

daaammnnn hot opinion go easy on the poor kid!

hahahaha
>>69468409
your metaphors have the subtlety of a baboon
>>
>>69468426
Not him but you have zero context. You state reasons like why you're depressed or that no one understands you, but you don't state anything else that could relate. Your lyrics suck man, they're aimless complaining.

Advice, if you want sympathy, at least TRY to show you've had a hard life and you're overcoming it through literary devices like alliteration or even a complex internal rhyme scheme. If you don't know anything about that then you're fucked. It's not the listeners job to make a song appealing, it's the rappers job, and Aimlessly stating that it's My fault that I don't get the metaphors mean that you're compensating for being a shitty fucking lyricist.
>>
>>69468454
>duple
also known as 2. my rapping technique's not that good, just appreciate the lyrics

>>69468469
says the enlightened danny brown fan. my worldview isn't just fucking and getting high. if you haven't suffered in life you might not relate to this. it's called internal struggle

>>69468513
it's not about me, it's bigger than that. it's a struggle we can all relate to, the human condition
>>
>>69468180

>There's too much smoke in this room to see the future

Holy FUCK I can't go further TRASH
>>
File: 1452743054567.jpg (134KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
1452743054567.jpg
134KB, 496x496px
>>69468533
>it's about the human condition
AHAHAHAOHOHOHO GOD THIS CAN'T BE REAL
>>
>>69468533
Assuming is the worst thing you can do as a human.

Pussaaaay
>>
>>69468180
Hi Hopsin
>>
>>69468555
Believe the shooter, believe in jesus or buddha
There's too much smoke in this room to see the future
Don't fall for true lies, how does it feel behind two eyes
Maybe we're all too blind, a due death in due time

I dare you to critique me faggot
>>
>>69468533
literally no one cares about your internal struggle if you can't say anything that would give anyone more understanding of their own. you just sound like a little kid crying.
>>
>>69468533
I've just never heard anyone say it that way, it comes off really weird. Anyway your lyrics are just too scatter-brained, they don't follow linearly.
>Last night I died for the eleventh time
Hate how you look in my eyes and read my mind
Don't believe adults because they're dead inside

what the fuck does the "hate" line have to do at all with its anterior line? You're just hurdling from cliche struggle to the next with any depth, and wallowing in self-pity without showcasing any personality. In a word, it comes off as insubstantial
>>
>>69466104
I honestly think these are pretty creative lyrics. Beside I love the rhythm his words create, you can read his flow.
>>
>>69468599
Theres literally NO devices used. NONE. Dude you're making prose at this point.
>>
>>69468180
you need to make your words flow better bruh
>>
>>69464613
>buzzwords
faggot
>>
File: you must be joking.jpg (25KB, 300x320px) Image search: [Google]
you must be joking.jpg
25KB, 300x320px
>>69468621
Not only that, but it's shitty, edgy prose that the writer thinks is deep.
>>69468599
there's my critique faggot
>>
finally Hot Opinion does something worthwhile and draws out this comedy gold for us.
>>69468180
I can hardly brathe omg
>>
>>69468618
>>69468621
>>69468654
show me your raps then

yeah I'm not perfect but I've got talent
>>
>>69468654
alright alright alright here goes

[ahem]

one thing
I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
(All I know)
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
(It's so unreal)
Didn't look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on, but didn't even know
Wasted it all just to (watch you go)
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time
>>
>>69468675
No talent bruh here's a few bars for you

Anon smells like poo,
his raps like doo doo

Tells us he's got talent
But he's actually a huge bitch
>>
>>69468675
>i've got talent

either this is the best b8 of the year or you're as delusional as a first-round american idol contestant crying when simon is mean to them
>>
>>69468675
>I've got talent
hahahahaha no you don't bro
>show me your raps
I don't write music lyrics
>>
>>69468180
>Showing emotion but do not play me violin
>I will do the same motion while holding a knife to skin
Holy shit you should spearhead a rap-rock revival, because these are Linkin Park tier lyrics
>>69468675
You don't have to be Jay-z to critique shitty rap lyrics you autist
>>
>>69468709
damn dude that's actually pretty fucking good
>>
>>69468709
audibly kekking
>>
>>69468709
oh SHIT garbage rap anon BTFO
>>
>>69464568
>"He can rap on this WEIRD ass beat mang holy shit 10/10 aoty my nigga lmao"
That's weird, I've talked to plenty of people about this album but the discussion usually is centered around the lyrics. I guess the beats are fun and all but the reason I love the album is that it can go from fun and turbulent to straight-faced and soul crushing all in one line.
>>
>>69468180
If given proper flow and delivery (maybe change a few small things to flow better) I think this is better than most of Danny's stuff on AE

>>69468281
We're talking about Danny Brown here, subtlety does not exist
>>
>>69468709
yeah this is pretty good but mine was better

>>69468715
very funny dick

>>69468717
like I would go on that shitshow

>>69468720
that's what I thought bitch

>>69468724
it takes knowledge to critique. you don't know shit about rap, I study lyrics
>>
>>69468768
Very funny dick but I'll show you a trick
Say rapping is hard amounts to one flick

My rhymes are tight an anon is a prick
But something about him is that he's actually a virgin BITCH BOOOOIII
>>
>>69468768
>I study lyrics
You had better study harder because your lyrics fucking blow.
>>
Everyone critiquing that anon who started rapping for his lyrics not being connected or having flow when read have obviously not listened to AE because it does the exact same thing with even more juvenile lyrics
>>
>>69468825
Samefag omg

Also AE is part of a series. Clearly you haven't caught the mix of seriousness
And subtly that marks the album as a whole
>>
>>69468825
that was my whole point. I know I'm not perfect, but I'm better than danny brown. I didn't even refine those lyrics and they still outshined him
>>
>>69468768
Yo check it

I was sitting on my ass
Sitting in the grass
My dick flops around like tryna catch a prize bass
>>
>>69468180
too much going on. develop your ideas and take the reader on a narrative.
also, as other people mentioned, work the meter out.
>>
File: kanye-west-elephant.jpg (44KB, 649x387px) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west-elephant.jpg
44KB, 649x387px
posting in amazing thread
>>
>>69468890
keep laughing cuck
>>
>>69468828
Schadenfreude is a great feeling. Thinking it's unethical is bullshit. It's part of the human condition
>>
>>69468825
b-but Danny has a brilliant sense of meter on that album. Do you know anything about music theory?
>>
>>69468853
listen man, completely honest here. Your lyrics really aren't that good, not especially creative, the flow is terrible, and most of all they lack genuiness, that is something that makes Danny Brown so good, there is genuineness in his lyrics. Write lyrics with a precise beat in mind, that might help you write better, especially if you write rap. I would honestly recommend you to write for a different genre though, I can see your style of writing having more potential there.
>>
>>69469034
yeah yeah you hate creativity I get it

it's just raw inspiration I don't need a precise beat in mind. rap is my passion
>>
>>69468825
>juvenile lyrics
rapping about sex and drugs != juvenile
>>
>>69468533
>>69468618
yeah hopinion nails it. there needs to be a thematic progression. you've set nothing up in the second stanza
>>
>>69468180
https://youtu.be/l0MeBpZGWGI?t=3m9s
watch this
>>
>>69469080
>this is what /mu/ actually thinks

>>69469104
go back to your danny brown. he progresses thematically from sex to drugs, such a fucking genius
>>
>>69468733
also known as laughing out loud. i call it 'lol' for short.
>>
File: 1479007551286.png (262KB, 446x456px) Image search: [Google]
1479007551286.png
262KB, 446x456px
>mfw every here falls for that post-nu-sincere cringebait
>>
>>69468426
>>69468533
>>69468675
>>69468768
>>69468853
>>69469067
this guy isn't me btw, I was busy recording but creds to you for egging these people on for me

http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/NRCoSm3U/file.html
I rapped over frou frou - old piano because I couldn't be bothered finding a beat and I'm a true patrician
>>
>>69468768
>You have to WRITE music to CRITIQUE IT!!!!!!
kek
>>
>>69469151
>tfw the jig is up
It's amazing how easily /mu/ can be strung along when they get to feel superior to someone for once
>>
>>69468724
Even Linkin Park isn't as cringy as this
>>
>>69469179
kek I'm just passing time and writing shoddy lyrics to improve is fun
>>
>>69469136
not in love with AE. but brown has talent.

you're correct to ignore the haters. but people are trying to give you constructive criticism. and you should listen, because you're frankly not very good yet.
>>
>>69469238
the recording is genuinely good, admittedly it does look shit on paper

>>69469243
>he still thinks he's replying to a real comment
>>
>>69468180
>>69468426
>>69468533
>>69468599
>>69468675
>>69468768
>>69468825
>>69469067
>>69469147
>>69469151
>>69469179
>>69469238
>>69469260
All of these posts were conducted and submitted by me, by the way
>>
>>69469136
>this is what /mu/ actually thinks
are you serious? give me a lyric off this album that has no purpose other than to be juvenile
>>
>>69469309
don't think so esse
>>
>>69464568
>If it is that easy to be "innovative" I'll just record my fucking washing machine or remix my own farts and people will look at it as something "artsy" and good.

alright I'm waiting
>>
>>69469331
lol
>>69469151
not surprised the second stanza hit the cutting room floor.
>>
>>69469331
Quit doctoring my screenshots and pretending to be me
>>
If we were in an alternate dimension where you switched emo rap anon's lyrics with a track on AE, you dickriders would be making the exact same posts ITT.
>>
>>69469408
One more before I head to bed, froth over this my dudes

I was born here a stray, nothing but atoms in empty space
Seeing the world in gray, watch me jump, fall from grace
Give it all it takes, until earth breaks and I'm dissolved in space
Look in the mirror, take that mask of your face
How we all humans and you got lost in the race
What you running for? Looking for something more
But I'm staring down from the hundredth floor
Trying to find out how to fall back in my mother's womb
Pale skin and my blood is blue
When you look at me I see another you
When I lie I wanna die because nothing's true
Bright future was missed, homesick for a place that doesn't exist
>>
>>69466104
These lyrics do capture the themes of the album and besides what makes AE great is that the music and production captures those themes as well. It's not all about lyrics.
>>
>>69469665
Yeah you should just take over Danny's spot as the weird rapper, with that easy writing style you'll probably shit out catchy hooks left and right
>>
>>69468180
>shitty youtube tier lyrics gets a lot of responses
>>69469151
>said shitty youtube lyrics rapped pretty fucking decently gets no responses

Glad I got to witness /mu/ getting BTFO
>>
File: matmos-ultimate-care-ii.jpg (1MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
matmos-ultimate-care-ii.jpg
1MB, 1600x1600px
>>69464568
>I'll just record my fucking washing machine

ahem
>>
File: 1474434922589.jpg (51KB, 465x512px) Image search: [Google]
1474434922589.jpg
51KB, 465x512px
I really liked this a lot specially ain't it funny but apparently this is very different from his previous stuff.

Is it worth it to get his old stuff? i also don't usually like hip-hop.
>>
>>69469665
https://clyp.it/go4avpfg
>>
>>69470641
listen to XXX. you won't be disappointed
>>
>>69464568

It's alternative, not experimental.

Yes, there's a difference.
>>
>>69464568
hahahhaa i agree 100%
>>
>>69468180

this is literal 21 pilots tier
>>
>>69468180
this has got to be a meme pasta
>>
>>69464581
this but unironically
>>
File: 2 fckin far m8.jpg (6KB, 166x231px) Image search: [Google]
2 fckin far m8.jpg
6KB, 166x231px
>>69464568
>music is supposed to be enjoyed
>>
>>69465192
Shut the fuck up nigger

Art is not about message, a fucking cashier's receipt has a message you turd. You're like those stupid students who write this term on their essay and think they are relevant. You must not use word like entry-level when you havent entered anywhere.

So for now keep your mouth locked and don't ever talk about music in an objective and pedagogic way.
>>
File: 8DGZlyV.jpg (60KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
8DGZlyV.jpg
60KB, 720x960px
>>69471623
^^^
>>
File: popcorn.jpg (33KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.jpg
33KB, 267x400px
>OP slowly revealing himself as an edgy teenager
>>
File: 1463603104031.jpg (54KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
1463603104031.jpg
54KB, 639x639px
>>69468180
>>
File: op.png (56KB, 250x192px) Image search: [Google]
op.png
56KB, 250x192px
Huh...honestly thought I'd never use this again. But in this case, it's extremely applicable.
>>
>>69464568
Sorry to hear you don't appreciate Mr. Brown's latest. I'd suggest listening to some music you enjoy and realize that just because you hate rocky road ice cream, doesn't mean others can't like it.
>>
>>69468180
OH MY FUCKING
gOD

HOLY FUckINg
sHIT DUDE
>>
>>69464752
Thats because they're legitimate adjectives of his music you fucking moron. Would delicious be a buzzword in a thread discussing sandwiches?
>>
File: fedorafire.gif (2MB, 478x350px) Image search: [Google]
fedorafire.gif
2MB, 478x350px
>>69468180
>The secrets of the universe and everything that holds you
>>
>>69468180
this is retarded
>Early morning vicodin to numb the pain that I am
>Showing emotion but do not play me violin
I can imagine all of this with some white kid eminem flow
>>
File: crine.gif (1MB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
crine.gif
1MB, 480x268px
>>69468180
>>
File: 1474269021979.png (1MB, 1082x797px) Image search: [Google]
1474269021979.png
1MB, 1082x797px
>>69464568
>If it is that easy to be "innovative" I'll just record my fucking washing machine or remix my own farts and people will look at it as something "artsy" and good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9BGW61_zOA
>>
>>69471335
I'll get right on it senpai.
>>
>>69473529
I listened to AE then XXX and let me tell you i've been in this loop between both albums and i cant stop listening to both idk how am i going to recover after this
>>
File: dannybrown.jpg (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dannybrown.jpg
90KB, 1920x1080px
saw Danny Brown live a couple of days ago, it was fucking crazy fun. Crowd was going insane and yelling along to every song.

Also, Atrocity isn't even that weird of an album. It's not the most traditional album but there's nothing crazily out there going.
>>
>>69464568
>I'll just record my fucking washing machine or remix my own farts and people will look at it as something "artsy" and good.

ok,if so ez then y didnt u do it first my dear absoult madman?
>>
>>69465337
Underrated post
>>
>>69464568
it really isn't "out there" at all. i thought it was good

maybe you're just a pussy, OP
>>
>>69464568
>I'll just record my fucking washing machine
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9BGW61_zOA
>>
>>69473256
oh lol didn't see your post
>>69474842
>>
File: 1480029187088s.jpg (6KB, 195x249px) Image search: [Google]
1480029187088s.jpg
6KB, 195x249px
>>69464763
retard alert
>>
>>69465192
what's wrong with a piece of art not having a message?
>>
>>69468246
>>69468248
>>69468281
>>69468306
>>69468320
>>69468377
>>69468539
>>69468591
>>69468635
>>69468668
>>69468724
>>69468894
>>69469123
>>69471437
>>69471456
>>69472088
>>69472479
>>69472552
>>69472660
>>69472745

love how none of you even bothered to reply to this
>>69469151
is the reason you all bit your tounge because this kid has more emotion going on in this than Danny's had throughout his 3 albums?
>>
>>69464568
t. pleb
>>
>>69469151
ok this is still incredibly meh

also
>frou frou
for fucks sake get your shit together man
>>
>>69475716
i did reply to it you stupid faggot. i thought it was worth mentioning that he dropped the second stanza, which everyone agreed sucked dick.

i'm not a fan, but more power to you dude. go find his soundcloud and make some cloud rap.
>>
>>69471465
this but unironically
>>
>>69469151
Holy fuck this is the worst """music""" I've ever heard in my entire life, literally Eminem Recovery-core.
>>
>>69466920
old is probably his worst project damn you've got shit ears
>>
Include me in the screenshot :^)
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.