[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this album considered some kind of genius artistic statement?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: Faust_-_Faust.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Faust_-_Faust.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
Why is this album considered some kind of genius artistic statement? It's a pretty good album but it's just a bunch of drugged-out hippie weirdos fucking around in a studio and that's all there is to it.
>>
You can't deny that it's pretty funky
>>
Yeah, that's why it's so good.

Tell me a single album that sounds like Faust.
>>
>There was nothing left for our generation, and we refused to have anything to do with the generation that came before us.
>Are we supposed to be or not to be?

Listening to this album is like peering for half an hour or so through a window into a universe that has fully comprehended the absence of God. The cultural ruins of post-WWII Germany are likened to existential dread. Faust managed to blend the absurd, the everyday, the grotesque and the transcendent into a colossal contradiction, a catastrophic imbalance, which serves as a summation of the human condition that in a way is more accurate than any rational discourse.
>>
>>69463509
>>69463834
both of you guys are retarded
>>
>>69463874
no u
>>
>>69463509
why can't drugged out hippies make a profound artistic statement?
>>
>>69463509
>>69463898
samefag
>>
Faust IV is better
>>
>>69464063
maybe if you like dick
>>
DUDE DRUGS LMAO
>>
I don't think I could listen to the first half again but the second half was alright
>>
I didn't like this album very much after I listened to it for the first time. I loved Faust So Far so I decided to revisit it. Still didn't like it.

There's something that just didn't click until a few years back. Then everything sounded perfectly in line.

Other albums that I've had similar experiences with:

Spiderland
Spiritual Unity
Mix-Up (Cabaret Voltaire)
Orgasm (Cromagnon)
2nd Annual Report (Throbbing Gristle)
>>
>>69464463
oh and The Doors s/t as well
>>
>>69464379
I think meadow meal is very easy to like.
>>
Miss Fortune is hands down one of the greatest songs ever made

Is there a more cathartic moment in music than the middle section breakdown?
>>
>>69463509
Do better.
Can you? No? Shut up.
>>
>>69463509
At the same time though, good art doesn't have to be a self-realized mentality/statement, it can also serve as expression. In this case the expression was channeled in a way that was maneuvered by thought/intention, which takes it a step further.
>>
>>69463509
You are just trivializing it.
>>69464871
Not an argument.
>>
>>69464871
>i don't like an album
>heh, make a better album then! can't? seems that your argument's false. :^))
You're why people hate tripfags so much
>>
>>69465114
Say it to my face you pussy!

you human contradition re-read your OP
faggot.
>>
>>69465141
Painfully unfunny.
>>
>>69465130
OP IS A TURBO FAGGOT
xd
>>
>>69465185
You're a rebel.
>>
>>69465195
>2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>69464379
first half is 10x better than the second half
>>
>>69465195
turbo *carrot*
>>
File: Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
22KB, 300x300px
Why is this album considered some kind of genius artistic statement? It's a pretty good album but it's just a bunch of drugged-out hippie weirdos fucking around in a studio and that's all there is to it.
>>
File: IMG_0327.jpg (89KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0327.jpg
89KB, 300x300px
>>
File: tmr.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tmr.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>
Really good album.

But the emperor has no clothes.
>>
>>69465315
first half is 1x better than the second half
>>
>>69463834
Shut up fag
>>
Why is this album considered some kind of genius artistic statement? It's a pretty good album but it's just a couple of drugged-out hippie weirdos fucking around in a studio and that's all there is to it.
>>
File: 51IqyR3Wb3L.jpg (47KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
51IqyR3Wb3L.jpg
47KB, 500x499px
>>
File: MyBloodyValentineLoveless.jpg (67KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MyBloodyValentineLoveless.jpg
67KB, 300x300px
>>
thread of the year tbqh
>>
File: save the shell.png (355KB, 799x706px) Image search: [Google]
save the shell.png
355KB, 799x706px
>>69467667
no that would be shellies
>>
>>69467774
Have any caps?
>>
File: folder.jpg (173KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
173KB, 500x500px
Why is this album considered some kind of genius artistic statement? It's a pretty good album but it's just a couple of drugged-out hippie weirdos fucking around in a studio and that's all there is to it.
>>
You fucking faggots. These are all genuinely good albums. Faust is the best itt though
>>
>>69467561
I keep thinking there's 2 wojaks on this album art
>>
>>69468660
someone shop this pls
>>
>>69468660
>>69468897
fucking make this happen
>>
>>69467667
there was a thread that literally killed lemmy this year
>>
>>69469650
literally who?
>>
Why is Faust I so fucking good. The first song is literally god tier.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.