[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw life got directionless again >tfw enjoying music seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: ehg.jpg (191KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ehg.jpg
191KB, 640x640px
>tfw life got directionless again
>tfw enjoying music seems more like a forced identity upon myself rather than a real enjoyment
>tfw got stuck in the same albums for over a month
>tfw dedicating my life to sound engineering now seem like jumping the shark rather than a lifetime planificated idea.
>>
music is fun! :D besides, what else are you going to do
>>
>>69454591
die slowly homeless in the street?
>>
>>69454606
well then you really would be in a forced position as opposed to now when you can try different things out with music even though there's only so many notes
>>
File: nightime wokal.jpg (5KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
nightime wokal.jpg
5KB, 205x246px
>>69454635
but it all sounds the same! killing joke sounds the same as the cure as the smiths as public image and...
...that's what i said previously, i don't know if i really enjoy music or i only did it to go in a hivemind of what albums are bad/good
>>
>>69454765
So you're saying Joao Gilberto sounds the same as Minutemen? Also if you kill yourself in the streets someone will have to clean up your body which would be inconvenient. Just appreciate things as much as you can without dwelling on the specifics- see the forest as much as you try to see the trees etc
>>
>>69454855
I think its hilarious how this is also a music board and there is not any debate about why something is good. It just goes on posting "albums that are -X-;ITT: -X- albums"
And when there is debate is not even about the music.

yeah, stuff is different, but i found a comfort zone that i want to leave.

Its seeing all the albums I have on my hardrive and say, "Why the fuck am I bothering so much in this"

I honestly don't want to keep up this conversation because I think i look like a whiny fag crying about "me!me!me!" but hell.
>>
>>69454993
you posted on an anonymous music forum... and now someone anon (me) is trying to help you feel better but all you care about is debating about whether something is better than something else like music is a competition... alright, maybe you SHOULD kill yourself? see ya senpai
>>
>>69455047
now this is what im talking about
>>
>>69454765
try bm
>>
>>69454581
For the first, I don't have much advice, but it sounds like you've been stuck in a loop of albums and having trouble finding new stuff. I've been in that lately too. Spotify helped me with that because it felt like so much music was right there. They pick up on what you listen to and have some spot on recommendations if stuff I've never seen here. Other than that, Rate Your Music might be a good place.

As for the second, there are many greats of an area of study that didn't spend their whole life to that craft. It's not uncommon. People just blow up their stories because, well, they are immensely dedicated individuals. If you found something you like and like enough to work at, stick with it. Just your fascination with it will bring better results than if you didn't enjoy doing it.
>>
>>69455144
Thanks man, that really just helped
I tend to use last.fm and download music but lately I find myself listening mostly to youtube and I enjoy it more there.
Don't know why, may be because it imlplies a big focus in the album, since the video screen will ocupy like 2/3 of the screen.

And the college stuff yeah. My mother tends to say that one has to try to see if someone likes something. It makes me shiver the idea but maybe I'm a cowar-fuck this

TL;DR: I fear that I may starve and in debt if I study sound engineering because I won't get a good job that will pay house and food for a month
>>
>>69455297
Just finished a degree in Music Tech, I feel you. It's a tough gig, but I've graduated accepting the fact that I probably won't get a job in it for a few years.

You have to make those years of work though. Not necessarily 100% dedicated (though you'll definitely make it then) but keep at it, keep putting yourself out there.
My advice? Try doing something totally different. What aspect of sound engineering are you doing?
One of my final year projects was a 30 minute 14.2 multichannel composition. Was extremely refreshing, letting go of trying to find meaning and just putting sounds together that sound good and build a world I'd happily fall into for a while.
>>
>>69456026
The first three years are the "basics", if you can call it.
The last 2 years allow to choose between, well I'll use google translate for this:

It has a branch of audio electronics. It has another branch which is the sciences of recording and live sound. And a third branch that is acoustics and electroacoustics.

So I may go to acoustics since its the most related to industries and may help out more.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.