[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

What're some other albums that sound like Dylan's electric

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1753250.jpg (291KB, 598x598px) Image search: [Google]
1753250.jpg
291KB, 598x598px
What're some other albums that sound like Dylan's electric trilogy? Most of the other folk-rock recommendations websites give are all way more on the softer side of things than Dylan's music was.
>>
phil ochs
>>
OP check out some Chicago blues records.

Listen to this one right now:
Junior Wells - Hoodoo Man Blues
>>
>>69450988
but that album sucks
>>
>>69451010
if this is op then fuck off

if not, mind ya business
>>
OP here. No, >>69451010 wasn't me. Figured I'd get a few electric blues recommendations but was looking for something that was /rock/. It seems like Dylan was really the only person to use this aesthetic in his own time.
>>
>>69450988
But thanks for the rec anon, appreciate it.
>>
I've been really into the same thing lately anon. As far as sound I think the beatles music from 1964-1965 matches it. Dylan definitely influenced them and you can hear it very clearly, and they influenced him to and help spur his move from acoustic to electric. Been listening to a lot of Red House Painters too. Though not really the same, the feelings and cynicism behind some of the songs as well as the expansive and sprawling folk rock stylings mixed with frequent repetition and a good sense of melody make it similar (though they sound radically different.)
>>
I am surprised that no one have mention The Byrds yet.
>>
>>69453339
too psychedelic and 'rocky'
>>
>>69453339
Too shit
>>
>>69453339
I'm the due that recced the beatles and rhp. I don't get the byrds. Part of what makes Dylan so great is how deliberate his word choice and delivery is. The birds seem to gloss over this by just fitting it into a pop-struture, then mass producing it. It's kind of terrible, I can't really see the appeal of it. Their version of "My Back Pages" takes away the entire prophetic atmosphere of the lyrics.

Also their backwards guitars sound horrible and you hear the tape click constantly and they did it two (maybe one?) year later than the beatles did, yet the beatles did it 1000 times better. I don't get their appeal.
>>
>>69453395
Their early albums and their 70's stuff are really close to what Dylan was doing on that albums.
>>
>>69453424
>>69453395
>>69453420
I been here from like year and only now i discovered that /mu/ doesn't like The Byrds, that's a surprise.
>>
>>69453454
>are really derivative and watered-down to what Dylan was doing
Correct
>>
>>69453541
/mu/ is not one person. The Byrds are incredible. Check out Gene Clarke (from the Byrds) album "No Other".
>>
>>69450930
The album you're looking for is Dion - Wonder Where I'm Bound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fUyGD-Wd-U
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.