[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing experimental music to a normie ""indie""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Playing experimental music to a normie ""indie"" bar crowd. I'm going to have to do this in a couple weeks, anyone have any experiences/tips?
>>
Don't embarrass me, this is your dad speaking
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Jus' don't be a lil' bitch
>>
>>69447734
How is it experimental?
>>
>>69447734
bring an offset guitar
>>
>>69447734
Put a lot a bass in it. Even if it's crap people are gonna enjoy because they "feel funny".
>>
just say your dad made you play
>>
>>69448144
There's no formal structure to songs, no upbeat grooves. Mainly textured based sort of stuff.
>>
>>69447734
>bar crowd

They'll all be drunk, so what. I've forgotten parts, been out of tune, fucked up countlessly in bars and nobody has ever cared.
>>
Yeah just freestyle all night
>>
>>69448249
U wot?
>>
>>69448249
yeah, dont do this at all
>>
>>69448403
it's not dissonant; it's pretty much shoegaze. i would rather play anywhere else but it's the only gig we can get as of now
>>
>>69448438
Wonder why?
>>
>>69448249
Have you ever considered that you're a hack who can't into songwriting and that it isn't an issue with the audience?
>>
>>69447734
It really depends on the clientele that frequent the place

I know places near me where I've seen ambient noisescapes and jam bands noodling around aimlessly for a couple of hours and people really dig it

If it's full of the rough normie blokey bloke types who expect singy songs and everything to sound like Oasis then you're fucked
>>
>>69448455
>>69448450
So now ambient/drone are shit genres and anyone making this kind of music should not play to an audience? Maybe this is why there are so many shitty indie knockoffs.
>>
>>69448473
Even then it doesn't matter. Plenty of bands play to empty venues or just a couple of blokes sat on the otherside of the room.

It's all part of amateur gigging.
>>
>>69447734
Just play and have fun and don't give a fuck about the crowd
>>
>>69448438
post it
>>
>>69448455
>muh songwriting

that shit died in the 20th century, wake up
>>
>>69447734
If you look the part they'll just pretend to like it
>>
>>69448249
You're screwed.
>>
>>69448485
Find your local experimental scene and don't venture out of it. If you're lucky people outside of the scene won't hate it and you might make some other fans but casual music fans are usually not at all interested in experimental music
>>
>>69447734
I've done this. Here's a tip: they're not going to like you. Just get trashed before you play and earn those drink tickets.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.