[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's better than Camp, but worse than Because the Internet.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

File: flat,800x800,075,t.u4.jpg (66KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,t.u4.jpg
66KB, 800x800px
It's better than Camp, but worse than Because the Internet.

Agree?
>>
>it's better than shit, but worse than shit

let's be real, it's also shit. only the stench differentiates these three albums
>>
>>69446921
I like BTI though. Camp is terrible and I won't defend it
>>
I guess, but only because this is a 5/10 and BtI is a 5.5/10.

This was Gambino's last shot, I'm completely convinced he's incapable of making a good album now.
>>
>>69446960
your opinion doesn't matter, buddy
and it's wrong anyway
>>
The existence of "Me and Your Mama" pretty much make AML better than BTI even if the rest of the songs were literally Gambino shitting into a mic for 42 mins.
>>
Nope, easily the best thing he's done, although that's not saying much
>>
>>69447002
same to you :^)
>>
>>69447255
what a mature answer
>>
>>69447284
>>
better than most hip hop atm, poor mans funk but solid at its best. Its gonna be overrated as fuck because muh identity politics or whatever
>>
>>69447343
ok, champ, your set of moves is the best... for this time
>>
>>69447482
>>
He stole an entire album from Funkadelic

Good job Childish Gambozo
>>
>>69447507
I'll be back after recess
>>
Camp is his only decent album
>>
>>69447580
its literally his worst.
>im so black
>*skiddidy boom boom bap
>but im always white
>on the inside
>*skiddidy boom boom bap bap
>>
>>69447284
>your opinion doesn't matter, buddy
>and it's wrong anyway
Right. Definitely a mature conversation.
>>
thought it is awful and shit because of /mu/
listened to one song on youtube and kinda liked it
downloaded the whole album
it sounds nice

never trust /mu/
never trust anybody
>>
File: 1462115895543.jpg (60KB, 693x663px) Image search: [Google]
1462115895543.jpg
60KB, 693x663px
>>69446888
I really love this album, I hate yall :(
>>
>>69446888
Kauai> BTI > Camp > steaming pile of shit > AML
>>
>>69447602
>this it fucking sucks
>>
>>69446921
fpbp
>>
I listened to it and it was alright, but it just made me want to listen to Maggot Brain.
>>
it's too ambitious. at the end of the day, this is a rap album, and gambino just isn't a good rapper. if it was only instrumentals, it'd be a 7/10
>>
>>69447550
same to you :^O
>>
>>69448002
ruh roh
>>
>>69448780
>at the end of the day, this is a rap album
no...it isn't
>>
I liked it. Therefore my opinion > Your opinion in your mind, but in my mind My opinion > >>>>>>>>>>Michael Jackson's opinion on little boys >>>>>>>>>>>Chris Brown's opinion on domestic abuse>>>>>>>>your opinion
>>
>>69448780
>at the end If the day, this is a rap album
You didn't listen to the album. Or you are retarded.
>>
File: 50what.png (12KB, 100x93px) Image search: [Google]
50what.png
12KB, 100x93px
Is Maggot Brain the only funk /mu/ knows? It's all you fags seem to mention when it comes to talking about this album.

Go listen to War, Sly & the Family Stone, Isaac Hayes, or even a bit of Prince then come back.
>>
>>69452344
Maggot Brain is the one people bring up because it's the one Gambino is copying the most
>>
>>69447602
Honestly the line "He ain't cool he ball and all that/But he's just a fake nigga who blog in caps" is fucking hilarious. The way he delivers with so much aggresiveness even though the line sucks ass kills me. Same with "STUPID. SO DUMMY." "Heartbeat" is probably the worst song on there.
>>
>>69447944
The main problem was that the singles hyped people up to expect an amazing album. Personally it's somewhat adequate, emphasis on somewhat.
>>
>>69452431
I heard some people bring up Black Messiah as well.
>>
>>69452599
One of his most popular though.
>>
>>69452826
I know, I think it might've been the first I heard from him, but it's still got a number of unintentionally funny lines. It's got a bit of a "so bad it's good" thing going on.
>>
>>69447541
Why do you retards say he stole music from Funkadelic just because he's creating a sound in a similar style to what they did? One genre doesn't belong to one band you dumbass.
>>
>>69448091
Royalty > Stn Mtn = BTI > Kauai, AML, Camp

don't feel like ordering the last 3. Why does no one ever mention his mixtapes here
>>
>>69454469
/mu/ hates him enough as is
>>
>>69452344
Maggot Brain was his primary influence for the album. That's why it's mentioned.
>>
not even good funk outside redbone. which makes this album unforgivable
>>
>>69446888
I liked it a lot more on my second listen. Also are musicians not allowed to be inspired by another artist? Unless Gambino ripped an entire instrumental from Funkadelic he's not copying anyone.
>>
>>69452656
I think Black Messiah was the primary influence for this album honestly. The vocal harmony arrangements and the guitar and everything reminded me of that album more than anything else. It was a little too derivative at some points, but there were some good parts in the album also. It was decent overall
>>
>>69454469
this is a correct opinion
but I kinda liked Kauai a whole lot despite how bad it is
>>
>>69455369
I love Sober, Retro and Pop Thieves (at least the first 3/4 of it, the last part of that song is whack af) but that's all Kauai is, is 3 really good tracks.
>>
Why does 4chan hate Gambino? I loved BTI, I just don't get it. And I know I'm gonna get a reply of "because he's shit" so spare the time
>>
>>69454469
Dude what the fuck are you high
>>
>>69447580
I dig this new album

But at least Camp had him rapping. I think he only ACTUALLY rapped on like, half of the songs on BTI
>>
>>69454469
>>69456272
Royalty > Culdesac > Camp = STNMTN > AML
>>
I really liked Redbone.
The others, not really.
>>
>>69456399
>>69454469
>>69448091

I'd say:
Royalty >= BtI > AmL >= Stn Mtn = Kauai > Culdesac > Camp
Thank god I finally see some people that know Royalty is the shit, though.
>>
All this talk about Royalty's got me interested about the mixtape. I'm looking it up right now and there's a surprising amount of guest artists and producers other than Ludwig Goransson. Based on what I know of Gambino, I'm guessing he might rely heavily on guest verses, how true is this?
>>
>>69457679
not really. Bino is a fluent MC who's got good flow, the most guest spots he has seem restricted to hooks
>>
I kind of like the album.

Don't really like zombies and california.

Everything from Terrified on is great imo
>>
Can't get over the album cover. It is clearly "MUH AFRICAN MOTHAS IS BEAUTIFUL". I am of the opinion that this album art choice is a subtle form of black-on-black racism. Fun fact: African-Americans are racist as fuck against Africans. (Go ask an African living in America what they think of African-Americans.)
>>
>>69459664
The album is about his son, /pol/ has fucked you.
>>
>>69459664
you stole that from a Patrice bit, you faget
>>
>>69446888
trips confirm
>>
Camp = 7.5
EP = 6.5
"A,ML!" = 5.25
BtI = 5.0
>>
>>69457679
it's true that it's full of features but I also wouldn't say CG hides behind them either. I just think of it as one great track after another, as consistently good as early Kanye, for me.

I've noticed that he hardly uses any features on his studio albums (does Camp have any? AML understandably has none, and some (like Chance on Worst Guys for example) or barely even there. It feels to me like hes trying to deliver a certain "experience" with his albums, and the mixtapes are more of a collection, and have a different sound to them.

For example, have you once heard in the beginning of a song off any of his albums anything like "turn my head phones up" or "turns the beat up" or things like that? Whereas seemingly every song on Royalty and Stn Mtn opens like that.
>>
>>69456272
I just hate his white boy rapper voice.

But I really like his singing voice. I love songs like Urn and Sober and Retro and Pop Thieves and the non-rapping part of Oakland.

And I thought I'd really like this album but it just feels like he's trying way too hard.
>>
>>69460861
How shit could one opinion be
>>
PHAROS > Because the Internet > Camp
Pharos is a pretty solid 6/10 in my opinion
>>
>>69447944
The singles ruined the album for most people. They're probably the 2 best songs on the album, and they give a wrong impression about what the album is going to be like.
>>
>>69459664
You've gone too far, son.

Stay in /pol/, it's for the best.
>>
>>69459664
Africans are much more racist, my parents are immigrants from Somalia and they constantly talk about how lazy African Americans are since they seek government assistance (even though I lived in Section 8 housing for the first decade of my life), but ultimately this album is about his son and parenthood so discussion on the supposed racist undertones of the cover aren't really relevant.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.