[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there no music scene in the mainstream anymore? The last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: simp.jpg (126KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
simp.jpg
126KB, 512x384px
Why is there no music scene in the mainstream anymore?

The last one I could think of would be the whole indie folk era of the late 2000s.
Vaporwave is just a fucking meme
>>
>>69446211
Don't know about US but Grime music scene is mainstream as fuck right now in the UK. It took fucking Radiohead coming back to stop Skepta having the #1 album when it came out. That's totally crazy.
>>
>>69446267
Wasn't grime really mainstream in the UK around 2003-2005 too?
>>
>>69447251
not like this
>>
>>69446211
There are no scenes because this generation is inherently eclectic due to the increasing prevalence and improved communications of the Internet. You pretty much have access to everything every music scene listened in time ever so there's pretty much no reason to tie yourself to one. Hence, the new scenes are tumblrcore, redditcore, RYMcore and yes, /mu/core. Scenes whose music is not related to the actual sounds of the music, but how well they fit into an entirely separate aesthetic whose genesis is not entirely attributable to the music itself
>>
>>69447528
I'm curious as to what you think tumblrcore and redditcore is
>>
>>69447874
I already said it. A variety of albums that fit into a website's community image. For tumblr, examples are Bandcamp indie folk, general alternative, alt-R&B, and poptimist memes such as bubblegum bass.

Redditcore would be radio/classic rock, prog, metal, pop-punk, EDM(especially if it's entry level house), and conscious rap.

I'm sure there's plenty of charts you can look up for both on Google Images
>>
>>69448389
I have never used reddit and the music taste you are discribing sounds like mine.
>>
>>69448389
Can you offer me some real examples of what you saying is tumblrcore? I am not familiar with the sub genres you are listing.
>>
>>69446211
>Why is there no music scene in the mainstream anymore?
What does this even mean?
>>
>>69446211
I don't like hip hop, but it's quite clear there are a shitload of regional scenes going on there, which are present in the mainstream
>>
>>69446211
because the kiddos today are dead inside and have virtually no ability to form independent judgements. they need the hive mind to tell them what is good so they rely on boards like this and reddit to tell them. the endless categorizing of music into this or that genre is just a symptom of the dead culture we live in. all music from classical to vaporfag consists of the same 4 elements. it is a matter of if it is authentic or not. does the faggot mean what they are saying, singing, playing or are they just trying to project an image to fit into the current meme. you have to sell out to the meme gods before you begin in order to make it today.
>>
>>69448942
The Smiths, Pixies, Bon Iver, Father John Misty, FKA Twigs, early The Weeknd, How to Dress Well, Tame Impala, Marina, The 1975. Pretty much anyone you see on "indie" girls' vinyl collection is a pretty safe bet for tumblrcore.
>>
>>69448909
Well reddit is pretty much a more socially-acceptable 4chan community wise so it's not surprising that there's sometimes an overlap
>>
generic "EDM" is that now OP
>>
>>69449178
really made me think
>>
>>69447528
This is pretty spot on. Information is too readily available for smaller scenes to flourish and try to take over the mainstream.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.