[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your >Favorite album of all time >AOTY for 2016 >Album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: Converge-JaneDoe.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Converge-JaneDoe.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
Post your
>Favorite album of all time
>AOTY for 2016
>Album you typically recommend to your normie friends

and other anons guess personalities

Fav Album:
>pic related

AOTY 2016:
>Nick Cave - Skeleton Tree

Rec to normies
>Built to Spill - There's Nothing Wrong With Love
>>
File: Blue.jpg (102KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Blue.jpg
102KB, 800x800px
Fav all time:
>pic related

AOTY:
>Nicolas Jaar - Sirens. This is so underrated, I don't understand why it doesn't get more love.

Rec for normies:
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless. Give them the whole 'there's a mysterious sense of melancholy here'.

>>69436519
Down to earth, doesn't read a lot but likes the idea
>>
Fav Album
>Opeth - Blackwater Park

AOTY
>Haken - Affinity or Messa - Belfry
>>
File: 2016 cds.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
2016 cds.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
n/a
the astonishing
n/a
>>
All time:
>Can't choose between these two

2016:
>Street Sects - End Position, or
>Darkthrone - Arctic Thunder

I don't have any friends, but I'd recommend Elliott Smith to anybody.

>>69436519
I like your taste
>>
>>69436605
I like to think I'm down to earth, and the reading thing is super accurate

You can be a bit melodramatic but people like you because they can have good, deep, meaningful conversations with you
>>
>>69436661
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Soft Kill, All Your Sisters, Street Sects, Future Blondes, Annex at The Sidewinder (715 Red River) [+] [9pm, all ages]

Do you want me to do anything?
>>
>>69436661

thanks, you have good taste too.

>Street Sects

Cannot say enough how great of a choice this is

You tend to brood a bit but you are also quite sensitive. Prefer to be alone.
>>
File: burzumhvis.jpg (637KB, 1470x1470px) Image search: [Google]
burzumhvis.jpg
637KB, 1470x1470px
>all time
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
>2016
DIIV - Is the Is Are
>rec for normies
I don't know, most of my friends are into rap and stuff. So usually I'll play Denzel Curry if they haven't heard it and seem to enjoy it.

>>69436661
Both those albums are really good, and Elliot Smith is one of my favorites ever. What other dsbm are you into?
>>
File: 5d67f41676d5325424ae45601e556282.jpg (430KB, 1000x680px) Image search: [Google]
5d67f41676d5325424ae45601e556282.jpg
430KB, 1000x680px
>>69436894
Hvis is a great album too, as is Filosofem and his S/T.

Here's a chart I made earlier of my taste in general.
>>
File: 1480270335937.jpg (83KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
1480270335937.jpg
83KB, 576x576px
>all time:
swans are dead or maybe like spiderland lol
>2016:
oranssi pazuzu varahtelija (pic related but havent listened to many 2016 releases so idk)
>rec to normies: another green world :~)
>>
>>69437062
Wow I really like your taste dude. You've probably heard some of these but:
Forgotten Tombs - Springtime Depression
Silencer - Death, Pierce Me
Evilfeast - Lost Horizons of Wisdom
Mirroring - Foreign Body
>>
>>69437062
>>69437062
ya'll got some other black metal albums/artists who have that sound or production or ambience/riffs that tickle you like darkthrone or hvis?
i get so many recs but nothing seems to click like those releases do..
>>
>>69436519

>Favorite album of all time
Royal Trux - Twin Infinitives

>AOTY for 2016
Keeping in mind that I've listened to literally ~5 albums from this year: Vahratelija by Oransi Pazuzu or however you spell it.

>Album you typically recommend to your normie friends

I typically just show them how to find music via RYM by searching by genre/year. It's honestly a pretty useful database.
>>
>>69436724
>You tend to brood a bit but you are also quite sensitive.
I am very sensitive but quite callous and distant at the same time, perhaps as a subconscious coping mechanism.
I usually don't like to catastrophize and think negatively about my life/myself too much, but I have been really attached to the ending of my last relationship over a year ago. I have good reason though, I cared about her so much and I was left with no closure and a lot of unanswered questions.
>Prefer to be alone.
It's more like I'm comfortable being alone. I trust solitude. When I'm alone I have the liberty of developing myself into the person I truly want to be.
Plus I have little to no confidence socially, and I live in a small town where my options would be limited even if I was a friendly and outgoing guy.
>>
>>69437148
>Plus I have little to no confidence socially
me neither but I have self-esteem and zero dignity so it comes out to about the same
>>
>>69437103
Thanks bud.
I know about 3 out of 4 of those bands but I think I've neglected to give a proper listen to any of them. I will do.
>>69437118
There's quite a lot of artists that have a similar lo-fi sound and riffing style to Darkthrone. I think you'd enjoy Xasthur and Hypothermia.
I can't think of many bands that do atmospheric BM as well as Burzum but you might like Urfaust or Darkspace.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.