[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come we live in a age of having so much possibility for new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
How come we live in a age of having so much possibility for new music.

Yet very few groundbreaking albums exist now in the 21st century?
>>
>>69422193
Well that would be terrible. The point I'm making is that people can't feed people garbage if people just sit down and accept it. At what point do you say "Hey, this is bullshit, I'm not gunna just let anyone do whatever they want to me". Hitler, for example, had to be voted into office. People had to generally accept him for him to gain power. The same can be said for anything. All it takes for evil to win is good men do nothing. I'm sick of the bullshit in the world and if given the choice of eating shit for my whole life or at least enjoying the moments I have I choose the later. I'm not violent. I'm not supporting a revolution. I just want people to take care of one another. I just want to see kids go to school, and the earth not to melt, and to have 2.5 kids and a picket fence and all that. That's what everyone wants deep down I know it. And people have just given up. Everyone I know it seems like they've just given up. Not me! I'm not that stupid. If I am, well, maybe I was just the only smart one.
>>
>>69422210
lol
>>
Just clearing this up before the Death grips hating faggots come along and say that it isn't innovative, when in reality a lot of other artists have copied TMS's style and lyrical themes
>>
>>69422237
You just doubled the chance that theyll show up
>>
>>69422210
Nice copypasta. Also:

>wanting kids
>>
>>69422254
Nah no matter what gets posted, there always a bunch of faggots that ruin the thread
>>
>>69422193
>i only meme
>wahhh wheres the good shit at
(You)
>>
>>69422386
Wdhmbt?
>>
>>69422193
Death Grips are only innovative because they're among the few artists nowadays that actually care exclusively about the art. That inherently calls for innovation as they don't follow trends, only set them.
>>
>>69422237
It's not that I hate Death Grips. I've been listening to Zach Hill since early Hella. I hate you faggots who spam the shit out of them and act like they're literal music gods and act like anyone who simply doesn't like them are just hating on them to be contrarians.
>>
>>69422429
In most cases, that's true.
>>
>>69422193
>so much possibility for new music
?
>>
>>69422193
what does groundbreaking mean
>>
>>69422429
No one does that, only the absolute cringiest meme fans or the haters who just take the piss out of them.
I went to a Death Grips gig and all the crowd did was chant memes and talk shit, me and this black guy who was stood next to me spoke together about how bad the reputation of the band is because of those types of fans
>>
>>69422193
Why don't you make one then you dildo puncher
>>
>>69422478
I can't music thoery I have college.
>>
>>69422453
this. DG are god tier and the only people who shit on them are either shitposters or plebs
>>
>>69422517
No wonder non fans roast us DG fans so much, comments like this are just proof that most the fan base is young and edgelords
>>
>>69422517
(you) need to stop that
>>
>>69422193

There are lots...

I think it's a lot easier to see what was/is groundbreaking in hindsight. When you're in the midst of it, it's kind of hard to brush all the garbage away and see what will make an impact on music and culture. Here are some albums that have been massively influential so far:

808s and Heartbreak
The College Dropout
The Money Store
Kid A/Amnesiac
Los Angeles/Cosmogramma
Since I Left You
The Ape of Naples
Voodoo
XXX
Madvillainy
James Blake
Demon Days
The Glow pt 2/ Mount Eerie
Stankonia/Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
Boy in da Corner

And thats not even mentioning non-pop albums that have had cult followings.

We definitely live in the best time for music.
>>
File: 432.png (310KB, 556x411px) Image search: [Google]
432.png
310KB, 556x411px
>>69422401
dont be so bizarro
>>
>>69422547
>Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
I get Stankonia. But why Speakerboxxx/The Love Below?
>>
>>69422547

Some not so massively, but influential nonetheless.
>>
>>69422472
Not condoning the actions of literal children but it's not like the band gives a fuck. I love how people try to call DG "pretentious" when they're probably among the few artists nowadays who don't take themselves seriously. And when they do it's based in sincerity.
>>
>>69422569

Mainly the love below. That's like the proto 808s honestly. It was rare to see a hip hop artist just switch to straight electro funk rnb shit so effortlessly. And there are some classic songs on that album which outkast will always be remembered for.
>>
>>69422517
t. pleb shitposter
>>
>>69422547
XXX is one of my favorite hip hop tapes but I don't see it being very influential
>>
>>69422193
>album is made of mostly sampled fart sounds
>groundbreaking
>>
>>69422578
I agree with the pretentious part, but this respect they receive from the so called 'fans' really tints the view of any outsider who wants to listen to the band for the first time
>>
>>69422642

>ZelooperZ
>pretty much every black hippy member exploring their vocal quirks more after that album (them all being close with danny)
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.