[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When we look back on the 2010s, what genres are we going to say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 2010s.jpg (455KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2010s.jpg
455KB, 1000x1000px
When we look back on the 2010s, what genres are we going to say defined the era? What was truly new, and what albums solidified the sound? Too many so-called classics of the 2010s fit comfortably within the mold of scenes that came before them. What are the genre-defining, pioneering albums that caused a huge wave of derivative work to follow?

Fun tip: you don't have to like the albums or genres to be able to discuss their importance. There's only one good album in pic related
>>
Eccojams for sure is a defining work of the 2010s. I would put something by Death Grips on this list too.

Also sunbather is for homos
>>
You posted it, Flockaveli
>>
>>69419965
why is flockaveli influential ?
>>
deafheaven were not the first band to do what they did. They just did it better than any previous one.

Vaporwave is just a meme and no one outside /mu/ cares about it at all

Can't express for the other two
>>
>>69420026
>Vaporwave is just a meme and no one outside /mu/ cares about it at all

You're an idiot bro. Talk to anyone who considers music a hobby and they will know vaporwave.
>>
>>69420000
quads have spoken I knew it all along
>>
>>69420045
Hell, I know people who aren't even super into music who reference vaporwave memes.
>>
>>69420045
>>69420067
what the fuck morons, they know it because it's a meme
>>
>>69420026
I agree with deafheaven, and two of the other albums are in the same boat, but as you said they did it better than the previous ones. I think this is a clear trend across music history, that defining albums are rarely the literal first ones to create the sound, but instead they refine and further define it.
>>
File: yeezus.png (419KB, 869x588px) Image search: [Google]
yeezus.png
419KB, 869x588px
>>69420000
>>
>>69420025
Because every Hip-Hop/Trap album afterwards tried emulating the Lex Luger sound/drums
>>
How is Deafheaven influential? That's a joke. The rest are accurate tho.
>>
>>69420018
Pretty much this, Double Cup is also amazing and I would say better than Fockaveli but it didn't have a huge impact in the mainstream industry
>>
Maybe it's autism but I get really upset when I see sunbather here. It's really not that good. There's loads of bands who do it better.
>>
>>69420772
and what makes you think flockaveli is thea cause of this?
>>
there must be some nigga with the autotune and the trap beats somewhere
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.