[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Band tries to be "progressive" by making songs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Iron_Maiden_-_The_Book_of_Souls.png (88KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Maiden_-_The_Book_of_Souls.png
88KB, 300x300px
>Band tries to be "progressive" by making songs needlessly long, pointless and boring

every time
>>
>>69414318
But it was good and not progressive
>>
>>69414318
they have to stop already
>>
File: downloadfile-15.jpg (3MB, 2100x1603px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-15.jpg
3MB, 2100x1603px
>be keyboard player
>want to be virtuoso
>play scales as fast as possible
>continuum solo: flail randomly, use ALL THE REVERB AND DELAY
>piano solos are just arpeggios with no rhythm for 5 minutes
>look at me, my keyboard rotates
>has to look at the sheet music the whole time when all the other band members play by heart
>>
>>69414956
It's tolerable in Liquid Tension Experiment at least, I wish him and Petrucci would just tell Labrie to fuck off already
>>
>>69414318
but that album is great OP, Iron Maiden make progressive music and still manage to retain their style.
>>
>>69414983
I don't think LaBrie is the problem desu.
They should just get LTE back together and make more of that.

Btw how do the Mangini DT albums compare to the Portnoy ones? I don't dare listen to them lest they ruin the band for me for good.
>>
have not listened to, try to remember what was great.
sorry.
Bruce fly's aid planes so it's okay to like them. the UN says so.
>>
>>69414318
someone help me i can't stop listening to 22 acacia avenue
>>
>>69415559
that is not a problem
>>69415049
you seriously can't think it's a good ALBUM
there are good songs but as an album it sucks. why did they use all the filler riffs and melodies?
>>
File: file.png (60KB, 798x444px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
60KB, 798x444px
>>69415618
>>69415559
help, it's not even close to being their best
the rhythm is just so catchy
>>
>>69415559
you er, been whoring lately there anon, have you?
>>
Haven't even bothered with The Book of Souls. I love all the first 7 Maiden albums, especially Seventh Son, but after that it's all either mediocre, or half decent material and half shit in the same album. I couldn't sit through Matter of Life and Death entirely either (all I remember is OUT OF THE DARKNESS BRIGHTER THAN A THOUSAND SUNS OUT OF THE DARKNESS BRIGHTER THAN A THOUSAND SUNS), listened to Final Frontier once but desu I can't even remember anything from it.
>>
>>69417601
Brave New World was pretty good
>>
>>69415049
I agree. It's one of their best albums in a while. Empire of the Clouds is 10/10
>>
>>69418376
Found it mostly plodding. Dance of Death had a few great pieces (title track and Paschendale) but also some hideous garbage mixed in.
>>
>>69415252

Mangini is a lot better than Portnoy. The music overall didn't improve though. The Astonishing is decent at best.
>>
>>69419668
So I put on the 2013 album for the first time just now and the first 30 seconds or so it seems they're just doing Nightwish's thing.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.