[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New RTJ song + release date, tracklist http://pitchfork.com

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

File: rtj3__COVER.jpg (241KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
rtj3__COVER.jpg
241KB, 620x620px
New RTJ song + release date, tracklist

http://pitchfork.com/news/69731-run-the-jewels-announce-new-album-rtj3-share-new-track-legend-has-it-listen/

01 Down [ft. Joi Gilliam]
02 Talk to Me
03 Legend Has It
04 Call Ticketron
05 Hey Kids (Bumaye) [ft. Danny Brown]
06 Stay Gold
07 Don’t Get Captured
08 Thieves! (Screamed the Ghost) [ft. Tunde Adebimpe]
09 2100 [ft. Boots]
10 Panther Like a Panther (Miracle Mix) [ft. Danny Brown]
11 Everybody Stay Calm
12 Oh Mama
13 Thursday in the Danger Room [ft. Kamasi Washington]
14 Report to the Shareholders/Kill Your Masters
>>
It's gonna be fucking awful just like the other two. Let the Reddit (You)s come rolling in
>>
Two Danny features. It's fucking lit.
>>
>>69395997
I have hope anon, but RTJ2 was so god damn overrated it's crazy.

By the looks of the album art, it looks fucking terrible. But, can't judge a book by it's cover
>>
>>69395984
fat lives matter
>>
>>69396014
Except Mein Kampf.
>>
>>69395997
to be fair, I personally enjoyed RTJ2 more than RTJ1 so I'm curious if they are able to top RTJ2 with RTJ3. I doubt it but it'll still probably be better than RTJ1
>>
That cover looks horrible.
>>
>>69396014
>>69396038
you guys are out of your fuckin minds that color theory is amazing
>>
>>69396049
Uh, no. That gradient looks terrible with the gold.
>>
>>69396049
I'm glad they went with the blue background. I was hoping for either blue or green but the blue looks amazing
>>
>>69396061
No, only because the light source for the gold is coming from below

The gradients match up, so you have light gold and white with light blue, darker gold with dark blue, it looks pretty dope imo
>>
>>69396049
It's pretty different in my mind. When I look at that cover, I don't just see the typical RTJ logo, I see a change of style. Something about the 3D gold logo compared to the 2d cartoonish logo.

Maybe I'm thinking about it too much, but I feel like there may have been a slight change of style and attitude when looking at the cover - maybe adopting the "cliche" hip-hop cover style to appeal more to the casual hip-hop fan.
>>
I like this one a lot more than the other two, also oh shit it's that "I got a unicorn horn for a cock" song el-p posted a clip of months ago
>>
brass monkey
>>
don't care what the memers say, I'm hyped
>>
How many times are they going to self-advertise their own album in their new songs. I feel like I'm listening to fucking araabMUZIK.
>>
>>69395984
their dumb political antics left a bad aftertaste
>>
For us, the RTJ1 hands were about “taking what’s yours”—your world, your life, your attitude. The RTJ2 hands were wrapped in bandages, signifying injury and healing, which for us represented the growth in ideas and tone of that album. For RTJ3 the bandages are off, the chain is gone and the hands have been transformed into gold. For us this represents the idea that there is nothing to take that exists outside of yourself. You are the jewel.

>Mastermind
>>
>>69396519
how dare RAPPERS be political. I personally don't listen to anyone who challenges any of my thoughts which were all developed in the safe bubble I constructed for myself.
>>
>>69396519
killer mike the Chuck D of the new era
I love it
>>
>>69396623
https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/killer-mike-open-to-anti-vax-movement

http://pitchfork.com/news/69597-killer-mike-tells-black-voters-to-stay-the-fuck-home-if-leaders-dont-offer-change-on-marijuana-police-brutality/

>anti-vaxx
>don't vote

STAY WOKE
>>
>>69396651
wrong on both.

he's not an anti-vaxxer, he wasn't even aware it was a thing before he sent those tweets out.

he didn't tell people not to vote, he said don't vote for someone unless they promise to actually do something for YOU. something actually tangible, something to actually earn your vote, which is good advice.
>>
Reddit the album.

El-P should go back to jazz.
>>
>>69395984
not much excited for the rtj stuff, but I'd love to hear Danny rap over an El-P's beat. So yea looking forward to that.
>>
>>69396742

>El-P should go back to jazz.

wait what?
>>
El-P delivers every single time. The beat is insane on this single.

I really wish he'd just make another solo album.
>>
>>69396022
Thanks Norm.
>>
What's the over/under on Trump namedrops?

I'm starting with 3.5
>>
>>69396710
>don't give your say towards who is going to lead your country for the next 8 years if they don't agree with 100% of your beliefs.
Good advice, thanks /mu/.
>>
>>69396819
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGq6sd4ljTg&ab_channel=AndressaK
>>
reminder that both killer mike and el p are 40+
>>
>>69397232
when the usual line of attack is a series of -ists based on establishment propaganda, yes.
>>
>>69396893
Same, I like RTJ, but I much prefer El-P's solo stuff
>>
>>69397119
>What's the best El-P album and why is it Cannibal Ox's Cold Vein?
Because it's ISWYD
>>
>>69397458
My man
>>
would rather listen to funcrusher plus
>>
>>69397119

Yeah, how dare someone support a different candidate than me. What do you think this is, a country with the right to have different beliefs and opinions?
>>
File: run-jewels-boots-2100.jpg (34KB, 648x648px) Image search: [Google]
run-jewels-boots-2100.jpg
34KB, 648x648px
>>69395984
I dunno, I really liked the style they were going for with the cover to the song 2100, what with their logo being suspended with cables all in black and white, I thought that was really cool but instead we get this Blank Banshee tier 3DPD album artwork. I mean, it's not that bad, I just liked the aesthetic they were going for with the single better
Pic related
>>
>>69396014
>By the looks of the album art, it looks fucking terrible. But, can't judge a book by it's cover
I don't know. Over the past couple years, every single release that I saw that had bad cover art was also a bad album. This looks like trash and it probably will be trash.
>>
Legend Has It is fucking fire
>>
>>69397119
>>69397458
>not Fantastic Damage
>>
>Hey Kids (Bumaye) [ft. Danny Brown]
>Panther Like a Panther (Miracle Mix) [ft. Danny Brown]

ayyyyyy
>>
album cover is trash. album will most likely be great so whatever
>>
>>69395984
>Don't Get Captured
>Panther Like a Panther
>Kill Your Masters

What the fuck? I enjoyed the first two albums but I think they're getting a little too meme-y/BLM these days.
>>
>>69396049
It would look like an album with an all black background
>>
>>69397066
>missing the point this much
Okay.
>>
>>69398412
RTJ1 was all black
>>
>>69398570
it also didn't have gold hands
>>
>>69395997
(You)
>>
>>69396014
>>69396038
>>69396061
>>69397742
>>69398244

All these people shitting on the cover when the cover is actually the only good part about this release. It's gonna be shit guys, both singles were shit.
>>
I'm expecting more #woke shit that is going to be nice at first but get old really quickly. I liked RTJ2 at first but now there's only a few songs I go back and listen to. RTJ1 is still good though
>>
>>69397341
Go suck the oompa loompas dick faggot
>>
RTJ
>>
Legend Has It is by far the best I've heard from this album yet.

I've been pretty nervous with what the other songs. It sounds like more of the same. It would be fucked if RTJ was holding El back.
>>
>>69396925
That's low
>>
>>69397723
You might know this already but that single cover is just a side view of their coachella set
>>
>>69402928
Oh shit, alright, I actually didn't
Still looks like a better album cover than the one they went with
>>
>>69395998
Kill yourself
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.