[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some bands that were WAY ahead of their time? They

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 51NFEZJ50JL._SY355_.jpg (32KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
51NFEZJ50JL._SY355_.jpg
32KB, 355x355px
What are some bands that were WAY ahead of their time?

They had an incredibly smart, consciously nihilist consumerist vibe decades before I saw it in any other band, let alone vaporwave ever existed.

It's like they were the first band to break out of the underground without losing any artistic integrity because they were completely honest. They paved the way for art pop by recognizing that lack of substance was substance in and of itself. It's a reflection of life. Meaningful messages can be conveyed with the form of popular music but it can't be forced. It's like they actually acted on the beliefs they expressed as Joy Division. This is post-nihilism.

I've seen the floral print from Power, Corruption, Lies on a lot of clothing to at my University. Like shoes, shirts, and it's like the exact same one, and it doesn't look out of place at all in today's modern non-culture.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that they are one of the most significant bands in history.
>>
My instincts tell me you're right in a couple ways, but I live in the US and common people don't give a shit about New Order. So it's hard to comment on that.
>>
but what about the music?
>>
>>69387129
it's amazing melody and poetry but it doesn't matter, that's the point
>>
>>69387197
>new order
>amazing poetry

looks like someone's stayed at home playing with his pleasure zone too many times
>>
>>69387225
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrh5kaWfyMQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ahU-x-4Gxw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzeNAUOp17c

It's all about feeling, if you don't get it you don't get it, the poetry is in the simplicity, the baseity
>>
>>69387031
just wanted to pop in and say this album art is one of my favorites and Dream Attack is the best final track on any album
>>
File: IanCurtis4.gif (944KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
IanCurtis4.gif
944KB, 500x299px
Would Joy Division have gone down a similar route musically if Ian hadn't killed himself? Fuck, I wish he had lived long enough to do a proper vocal track for Ceremony.
>>
>>69387350
I don't think so because they would have had no inclination to leave their position in the underground without any impetus to remake themselves. They would've just been a really good post-punk band.
>>
>>69387031
>They paved the way for art pop by recognizing that lack of substance was substance in and of itself.
are you fucking kidding me
stop posting you are drunk
>>
>>69387571
I'm not drunk I just like to free write on anonymous image boards, if I can properly formulate my ideas and get a rise out of people at the same time that's a win-win for me. I don't think I've ever said anything on this site that I believe with conviction.
>>
File: djnfxvbtkptblz.jpg (305KB, 593x593px) Image search: [Google]
djnfxvbtkptblz.jpg
305KB, 593x593px
>>69387031
>>
Is New Order proto-vaporwave then?

>>69387571
what part is wrong?
>>
>>69387031
I love New Order, but you're giving them way too much artistic credit. What exactly is your evidence that they were "consciously nihilist consumerist"? That they made pop music?
>>
>>69389029

yeah op might be conflating vaporwavey ideas with New Order because they're 80's pop (vaporwave's bread and butter) and were also nihilistic as Joy Division. I can see where your coming from Op but I think New Order just were underground musicians who set out to prove they could do pop music better than the rest of them cause they were there when new wave and punk were just starting
>>
>>69387308

sounds to me like you don't know shit about poetry
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.