[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok mu/ let's get it straight, if Ringo is so bad how worse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: ringo gun.jpg (35KB, 359x306px) Image search: [Google]
ringo gun.jpg
35KB, 359x306px
Ok mu/ let's get it straight, if Ringo is so bad how worse can Pete Best be?No,seriously how in the world he could lost his premied ticket?
>>
>Ringo
>bad
he was just simplistic
>>
>>69370792
What about Paul playing Ringo parts on some songs?
>>
>>69370826
Paul could only play one or two styles where as Ringo was very diverse and could write parts that fit any song.

Paul only played when Ringo was out of the band (Back In The USSR) or when it was a solo-song (Why dont we do it in the road)
>>
>>69371042
>>69370792
Not to mention that he's a human drum machine. The man kept time freakishly good.
>>
>>69371164
He was a veteran of the Liverpool/Merseybeat scene for years before he joined up with the Beatles. All four of them and some of their contemporaries too thought he was the best drummer in town, and that's why he was tapped for the job when Pete Best was fired.
>>
>>69370766
Listen to their earliest audition tapes. Pete Best was terrible.
>>
Feel bad for Ringo. He's talented just doesn't show off and do anything crazy. And drums in general are pretty boring and he can't write songs or sing so it kind of automatically makes him the outcast of the group.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 481x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 481x325px
>Ringo
>bad
He's one of the finest drummers in rock history, if not for technical ability but for musicianship and creativity. Listen to Rain, Strawberry Fields Forever, Come Together, Blue Jay Way, etc. His fills are as crucial to the atmosphere of those songs as any of the other instruments being played. Rain in particular is absolutely phenomenal; I don't think he repeats a single fill once, and they are all gorgeously psychedelic. He had an amazing ear for the song he was playing on, and his drumming always complemented it superbly. The Abbey Road medley is another inspired effort from him.

I'll take Ringo's creativity and often unusual fills which actually enhance the songs (not an easy task when those songs were written by songwriting genuises) over a technically gifted speedy drummer who plays by the book patterns which you can ignore and still not have anything detracted from the song.
>>
itt people who still believe the Beatles existed
>>
Ringo is my boy. Go and listen to Don't Pass Me By. It's just delightful. People saying he couldn't write songs are wrong.
Even though he tends to do things simply. Apparently he despised drum solos which is why The End was the only time he ever did one. Good solo though.
>>
File: 120711-Bonzo-BW.jpg (155KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
120711-Bonzo-BW.jpg
155KB, 640x423px
>>69371164
>The man kept time freakishly good.
Nigga, come on. That's like saying a guitar player is good because he can play in tune

>All four of them and some of their contemporaries too thought he was the best drummer in town
Maybe in the rock scene wich in general is pretty mediocre but I doubt he could stand a real drummer like this nigga here. Unfortunatelly, this thread is full of Beatles dickriders, "best band in the world" got have a great drummer when in fact Ringo always was the worst Beatle and the guy there who lucked out.
>>
>>69372010
Fuck off you conspiracy theorist idiot
>>
>>69373940
i get that rock drummers suck but john bonham is pretty overrated as well

rock music is not about being super great though, it's pop music/popular music/music of the people

you want greatness look into a genre that takes more than a week or two to be good at
>>
File: Ringo gun (02).png (3MB, 1529x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Ringo gun (02).png
3MB, 1529x1236px
Don't do it Ringo! Put the gun down!
>>
>>69371164
Keeping time is literally a drummer's job. Commending the drummer for keeping time is like commending your lead singer for singing in tune.

I accept arguments for Ringo being "better than people give him credit for" but I draw the line there, especially when "No he's good!" people like you just say "He kept time preddy good lol"
>>
>>69374093
Ur chilling at the bar and this guy comes up and steals ur girl.
Wat do?
>>
>>69375415
I'd just play better than him making him cry, then he would leave the band just to return after Paul apologised.
>>
>>69375415
Easy. Fuck Barbra Bach while he's fucking my wife/girlfriend. Worked for George didn't it?
>>
>>69370766
There's a recording of Love Me Do with Pete Best. You be the judge.
>>
>>69373940
>>69374224
>Keeping time is a drummer's job
Well no shit. I was just saying that he was incredibly good at internalizing a tempo, and wasn't prone to rushing or dragging. lrn2drum, faggot.
>>
>>69377699
I wanna see that comparation, any link?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.