[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there such thing as "getting tired of music"? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1443399451054.png (806KB, 1001x823px) Image search: [Google]
1443399451054.png
806KB, 1001x823px
is there such thing as "getting tired of music"?
I haven't listened to anything in weeks, I just don't feel like listening to anything lately.
Has anyone had this feel?
>>
>>69364772
>is there such thing as "getting tired of music"?

Yeah it's called growing up.
>>
>>69364790
how do I stop it??
>>
Nah, you just have exhausted what you're aware of.
>>
i always used to fall asleep listening to music
usually i couldnt even sleep if i wasnt listening to something
then lately ive stopped listening to music at night completely and much prefer to submerge into my thoughts and imagine bizarre and abstract situations
maybe i should start making music and be the next bob dylan
>>
i've had this feeling where i know there are many great albums out there that i could listen to and experience magnificent emotions but that would be too much effort and i just want a more relaxing night doing literally nothing at all if i can help it
>>
File: 1442357664333.jpg (69KB, 255x213px) Image search: [Google]
1442357664333.jpg
69KB, 255x213px
Now, you are hearing the greatest music ever played. Silence.
>>
Sometimes I have a day or two where I don't want to listen, or days where I don't want to listen as much.
>>
Absolutely. The experience of listening to anything, no matter how good, gets worn out. Spending time listening to music stops being an addition to your routine, but rather a part of it. Stop for a while, maybe a month - you'll know you're back when music adds flavor to your silent life.
>>
Listen to drone, ambient and field recordings. Trust me.
>>
>>69364772
i sometimes take a music vacation but find that i really do miss it after a while. then i need a really solid tune to punch me in the feels and i'm good again
>>
>>69364865
>the sound of silence
>>
>>69364801
listen stgstv and get your childhood back
>>
>>69365124
>>69365050
>>69364846

these are all correct. sometimes music just gets exhausting. i think if you're listening "correctly" you can get overwhelmed by analyzing and anticipating and cross-referencing things, even subconsciously. background noise becomes almost like an intrusion than leisure.

what i do is take a break until i feel like i'm missing something, or i "check out" completely and just drift along to some drone or ambient to clear my thoughts.
>>
>>69364772
you got tired of your shit music
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.