[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STOP RIGHT THERE You have 10 seconds to name a better song

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 2013-10-08-ES.jpg (19KB, 397x500px) Image search: [Google]
2013-10-08-ES.jpg
19KB, 397x500px
STOP RIGHT THERE

You have 10 seconds to name a better song than Son Of Sam.
>>
>>69364354
Every other group of sounds remotely resembling a song ever made.
>>
File: cover.jpg (289KB, 1078x1078px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
289KB, 1078x1078px
Needle in the Hay
>>
>>69364396
t. Cuck
>>
Southern Belle
The White Lady Loves You More
>>
>>69364424
Southern Belle is amazing but White Lady is the weakest song on his ST apart from Satellite.
>>
Sweet Adeline
Between the Bars
Needle in the Hay
Baby Britain
Sweet Adeline
Waltz #2
Miss Misery
Southern Belle
Sweet Adeline
>>
File: ElliottSmith3.jpg (141KB, 600x768px) Image search: [Google]
ElliottSmith3.jpg
141KB, 600x768px
I really wish he hadn't died.
>>
>>69364354
Alameda
>>
>>69364457
>early album preferences

Is this the sign of an Elliott pleb? FABOTH and Figure 8 are his best albums, Junk Bond Trader is his best song
>>
You're sitting around at home now waiting for your brother to call
I saw him down in the alley
Having had enough of it all
>>
>>69364520
Probably. Figure 8, XO and Either/Or are the only songs I can remember listening to, these are just my most played according to winamp.
>>
>>69364520
>Junk Bond Trader is his best song
Mah nigga
>>
>>69364459
Would he have kept his level up? To me he never released a bad album. And judging by his entire catalogue including unreleased songs, he wrote less than 5 "bad" songs
>>
Anyway, Joanna Newsom's Baby Birch is a better song than anything Elliot Smith ever put out.
>>
>>69364354
No names numbers 1-6
>>
>>69364589

Sawdust and Diamonds & Go Long are better than Baby Birch.
>>
File: ElliottSmith2.jpg (1MB, 2400x3000px) Image search: [Google]
ElliottSmith2.jpg
1MB, 2400x3000px
>>69364584
That's the thing, we'll never know. He became a legend when he died due to the great quality of his work and the loss of potential. He very well could of made more wonderful songs/albums. He could of made a dud too. We'll never know, and are only left to wonder.
>>
>>69364631
>Sawdust and Diamonds
No, in fact S&D, though it's a great song, is the worst track on Ys.
>Go Long
I don't agree but that's an entirely respectable opinion.
>>
>>69364666

>Sawdust and Diamonds is the worst track on Ys

This is maybe the worst post I've ever read on /mu/. May God have mercy on your soul.
>>
Everything off spiderland automatically
>>
>>69364396
Song to the Siren

that was easy
>>
>>69364451
I respectfully disagree with you anon
>>
>>69364354
Needle in the hay
>>
>>69364520
>Junk Bond Trader is his best song

I can honestly get behind this. The instrumentation, specially the bells, is too fucking good. Gives it such a melancholic feel, even more than his other stuff from that era. I also absolutely love that faded in guitar riff from that song. Absolutely brilliant.
>>
>>69364660
It physically pains me to have to face that. He was imo a literal genius and FABOTH could have been GOAT (it's already pretty close). I'd love to hear what he'd do next.
>>
>>69364354
christian brothers
>>
>>69364354
waltz #2 no questions
>>
Kiwi Maddog 20/20
>>
>>69364354
There are so many bands who performed a song with that name. Please be more specific.
>>
WHEN YOU'RE A WORLD WITHIN A WORLD
>>
>>69365040
>Not Waltz #1
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.