[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone come up with a good reason why this record has yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: my_bloody_valentine_loveless.jpg (667KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
my_bloody_valentine_loveless.jpg
667KB, 1000x1000px
Can anyone come up with a good reason why this record has yet to be officially repressed on vinyl? I just can't think of 1 good reason...
>>
>>69363960
because its bad xD i am le /mu/ patrician
>>
Needs heavy remastering

Also shoegaze/death metal doesn't sound good on vinyl imo
>>
>>69363960
because kevin is an audiophile and understands the superiority of the cd format

I mean if you spent £250k and two years of your life autistically getting your layered effects just right you wouldn't want people to listen to it on an inherently distorted format

but more to the point sony has the rights to the album, and a remastered vinyl probably wouldn't be all that profitable

>>69364025
it has already been remastered
>>
>>69364037
More like two years dicking around and 4 months of work
>>
>>69364072
This. Kev just blew most of the budget on drugs and fucking around.
>>
>>69364037
I think a vinyl repress would undoubtedly be profitable. It's not that expensive to run a repress of an album in every top 100 list for the past century.
>>
>>69364098
not significantly. sure for an indie label it'd be worth it, but when you have as many assets as sony there's probably no real imperative or urgency to it. I imagine there are some rights issues in there too they can't be bothered to deal with re: their old deal with creation and kevin being independent now
>>
>>69364037
The remastering was a mess and besides the glitchy bits in the DAT I still say it needed work. The first vinyl pressing was a disaster as well. Also didn't he originally release it on cassette?
>>
>>69364242
maybe he doesn't want sony to get to release the definitive version of the album so he intentionally shitted up all three remasters
>>
>>69364355
I don't even think he has them, they just keep fucking up over and over. They even mislabeled the files. Their movies are getting shit as well with Ghostbusters and the hack and all. Guess Sony should just stick with vidya ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>69364432
>Their movies are getting shit as well with Ghostbusters
But we appealed to the loudest demographic!
>>
>>69364432
>Ghostbusters
I see you are from the internet
>>
>>69364506
It's true that people overreacted negatively but it still was pretty shit
>>
>>69364539
I feel ya
>>
>>69364432
well that's what happens when you give your music to corporations. they aren't going to treat it with the same respect and sense of priority they do with their bigger money-makers. why would they care when they have beyonce?
>>
File: mbv-remaster-tweet1.jpg (83KB, 1028x882px) Image search: [Google]
mbv-remaster-tweet1.jpg
83KB, 1028x882px
>>69363960

It's on its way.
>>
>>69364037

So why did they bother recording MBV all analog?
>>
>>69364657
I'll be burned on this $30 meh sounding bootleg I just bought if this is real....

but these things happen, if they happen
>>
>>69364679
cd doesn't magically negate the analog equipment used to record just because it's digital

nor does vinyl somehow capture the sound more accurately because it's analog (quite the opposite)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.