[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never see this album discussed here. I think it's an absolute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4688.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4688.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
I never see this album discussed here. I think it's an absolute classic, I would like to hear what you guys think though. If you haven't listened to it I highly recommend you give it a shot. Obviously most of you are going to be familiar with Come on Eileen.
>>
silly of you to think people here would want to actually discuss music
>>
It's pretty bad, but Searching for the Young Soul Rebels is fucking fantastic and totally underrated, I used to try to talk about it on here years ago but no one cares
>>
>>69362741
Why do you think it's bad?
>>
>>69362788
The change up in sound was disappointing to me probably as I heard it after the debut, they switched out the soul thing for hillbilly and I wasn't as into it...I do actually like Come on Eileen but that's about it from that album
>>
File: 1393323063595.jpg (71KB, 357x290px) Image search: [Google]
1393323063595.jpg
71KB, 357x290px
>>69362741
>Young Soul Rebels is fucking fantastic and totally underrated

>album starts with radio static
>>
>>69362834
I can understand that. How do you feel about Don't Stand Me Down, and the newer albums?
>>
goat album desu

jackie wilson said is the most perfect cover to ever exist btw
>>
>>69362903
It lost a lot of the energy I loved, I didn't realize they made newer albums but I guess that was under the "Dexys" name that was being recced to me in my last.fm years ago?
>>
>>69362876
Tbh, the album really kicks into gear for me with the second song but it's a great listen all the way through, I'm not saying it's perfect but it's pretty great and something different from a lot of other music at the time, it's got personality
>>
>>69362939
Yeah that's the newer stuff. I don't care for it but I absolutely love Don't Stand Me Down. This Is What She's has to be my favorite song. You can't deny that song has a lot of classic Dexy's energy.
>>
i learned the trumpet because of this band
>>
>>69363009
I could definitely see how it could be a favorite, it's a fun song which is what I liked about the band in the first place
>>
>>69362023
lmao why he wearing yeezys ahaha
>>
>>69362023
In senior year of high school I listened to this and Searching For the Young Soul Rebels obsessively. This band has some weird quality that actually makes me feel nostalgic, as if I know the music from a long time ago and some other place even though I know I couldn't possbibly.

I love this album. It's cheesy and ridiculous and has some moments that are probably undeniably bad, but it's one of the most enjoyable albums I've ever heard. I like all of the songs but Liars A to E is so good.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.