[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post weird behaviors you have involving music, I'll start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: 1.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
4KB, 225x225px
Post weird behaviors you have involving music, I'll start

>hear amazing song on a radio program
>refuse to listen to the rest of the band's catalog out of fear that it won't live up to that one song

This has gotten bad enough that if the first song on an album is amazing, I won't listen to the rest of it.

I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot, but I don't know how to fix the problem.
>>
just realize that bad songs don't make the great ones any worse
>>
I only "listen" to 3 artists.

Daft Punk
System of a down
Dizzee Rascal

While I listen to other music, this is the only music that is always on my iPod.
>>
I used to be like that too
It just passed I guess
>>
>>69346705
>Always listen to full albums
>Never put anything on repeat
>>
>Never listen to albums on shuffle
>Am hesitant/slightly resistant to get into music that my friends recommend me. Like I feel like it's not "mine" if somebody else tells me about it
>Feel ignorant if I really like one album by a band but don't explore the rest of their discography - and I make the same judgement of other people.
>>
>>69346992
People listen to albums on shuffle? Like you mean shuffling the order of the tracks on an album?
>>
>always buy albums in physical
>don't listen to more than 2 songs unless I have the full cd
>>
>>69347212
Yes. A good friend of mine does it all the time and I can't stand it. The whole time I'm thinking "this is like watching a movie with the scenes in random order!!!" but I try to keep my autism in check.
>>
I will stop listening to an artist I really enjoy completely, if the total song play count starts getting close to exceeding what I have deemed my "favorite" artist's play count.

I don't even listen to my favorite often or even really enjoy them anymore, but I can't change it.
>>
>>69347779
>>69347212

sometimes I get a new appreciation for an album listening to it out of sequence desu, like looking at an artpiece from a completely different angle
>>
I like to listen to one song over and over until I get sick of it and then do the same with another song.
>>
>>69348008

thats really retarded.
>>
>>69347212
Never done it myself, but some albums are only bad because they are terribly sequenced so it's not like shuffling (after having already heard it) is inherently bad.
>>
>>69346705
learn about OCD
>>
>>69348052

holy shit are you retarded? You're making yourself like the songs less
>>
>>69348089

I can't help, I get really into one song and don't want to listen to anything else until I stop liking it. I'm almost as bad the In the End guy.
>>
>>69347779
Some albums you certainly shouldn't listen to out of order
>>69348042
Was gonna say I don't see why you would ever listen to it out of order, but I can see that.
>>69348070
I was thinking to myself that time and effort has gone into that ordering, but I do suppose artists can fuck up like anyone else
>>
>>69348105
One example of an album like this is TLOP, I know many people have their own custom track listing for it because of the leaks, re-edits, and crazy release
>>
>>69346992
I also do that, and if I tell someone about one of my favorite obscure bands and they start liking it, I'll feel like they have ''stolen'' the artist from me and I get really regretful when that happens, that's why I have some bands that I keep to myself and only tell people I think are ''worthy'' of listening to it.
>>
>>69348141
That was the first album that came to my mind actually.

I think the only reason shuffle bothers me is because I like the predictability of some of my very favorite albums that I've listened to countless times. For example, when track 4 is ending I anticipate and look forward to hearing the beginning of track 5, if that makes sense.
>>
>>69348214
>only tell people I think are ''worthy'' of listening to it.
This actually made me laugh, because it's so true. I have no problem telling /mu/ about my favorite obscure artist but I give it careful, heavy consideration before sharing it with my friends in real life.
>>
>>69348141
Oh christ TLOP, still can't buy that can you? I just have some torrent of it my friend linked me the day it came out, wasn't Saint Pablo an extra track that got added after (never got around to listening to that)? Not to mention the multitude of edits I think there were to tracks.
That album I could completely understand it for, that was a fucking mess of a release
>>
I am extremely ocd about my music library.
When I download an album I have to make sure every song is in 320kbps (No lower, no higher) and I check the metadata while comparing it to the Wiki article if there is one. Also, Artist>Album>song
>>
>>69346705
>listens to same album over and over again until I'm sick of the band and never revisits the songs after
>>
I have to search on Google how the band or artist looks psychically before I listen to the music.
>>
>>69348289
I used to do this a ton. to fix it I forced myself to not repeat an album more than once a week. i've stopped doing that but I still feel guilty if I listen to an album more than a couple times in a week
>>
>>69348537
Thanks, I have to try this. I've literally listened to Souvlaki every day for 2 or 3 months I just feel like nothing lives up to it even though I know there has to be better stuff.
>>
>>69348537
I used to listen to the same two albums to and from school, primarily only one though. Not tired of either of them thankfully
>>
>>69346705
I refuse to know how the artists look like. The moment I see their faces is the moment they lost their idendity to me.
>>
I listen to albums once and like, 95% of the time, never again
>>
>>69348805
Been doing this for awhile. Can't change
>>
>>69346705
This is incredibly autistic but I often look up artists on RYM and simply stop listening to them if their most popular release has less than 10 ratings
>>
>>69348713
>I have to try this
forcing myself into that habit also made me really start looking into music on my own a lot more, it's one of the better decisions i've made in terms of music.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.