[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best pair of I headphones I can get to listen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: headphones.jpg (2MB, 1701x1200px) Image search: [Google]
headphones.jpg
2MB, 1701x1200px
What's the best pair of I headphones I can get to listen to lo-fi?
>>
apple earbuds for extra lo-fi
>>
probably some vintage headphones from the 70s or something.
>>
>>69336498
>best headphones for lofi
>completely misunderstanding the point of lofi
>>
>>69336521
Made me realise.
>there are people on this board who listen to poorly mastered pop in FLAC
>>69336535
Isn't stuff from the 70s better than now? Might just be speakers and amps.
>>
>>69336566
>completely misunderstanding the point of the ebin joke
>>
>>69336587
Amps and speakers usually are in my experience.
Things from the 70s were made to last. My AMP and record player are both vintage and work perfectly fine imho. Dunno about headphones though.
>>
Id say get monitoring speakers instead, but if you really insist, open back headphones is your best buy right now.
>>
>>69336875
>monitoring speakers instead
>open back headphones
Why? Those sound good.
>>
>>69337091
Open back headphones while really good for listening to music accurately with the science it has, doesnt really represent the dynamics very well in lofi compared to hifi/monitoring speakers.
>>
>>69336875
>Id say get monitoring speakers instead
>for listening to music.

no no and just no. Monitor speakers are not made for a good listening experience. Monitor speakers are made to recreate sound as neutral as possible, to be as transparent as possible.

Well this would be a good thing you tell yourself, why shouldnt I listen to music the way the artist intended?
Because monitor speakers make music sound a bit dull, lifeless. At least proper monitor speakers and many monitor speakers rely on properly configurated listening spaces for them to work optimaly. Monitor speakers are made as a tool to make sure your music sound good on a wide array of different speakers and headphones. They rarely make for good recreational listening speakers unless you sit in a rather expensive studio built around it.

A decent pair of hi fi speakers elevates music, make it more exciting. And hi fi is designed to be easier to configure within your room, doesnt take alot of measuring and doesnt rely on you sitting in a optimal listening position to get the right experience.

That said, some monitor speakers and headphones have taken the hi fi route to make them sound a bit more exciting. If you were to play your music on a pair of yamaha ns10's, the golden standard of nearfield monitor speakers in studios, it would sound a dull and lifeless compared to a decent pair of hi fi speakers.
>>
>>69337430
Thing about lofi is if you want to listen to it accurately you want to listen to it with as little changes as possible

Yeah hifi is fucking fantastic. But why bother with lofi if youre gonna use something that changes the listening experience from lofi and almost sort of ruin it in a way????
I agree hifi is absolutely fantastic but not for everything.
>>
>doesnt really represent the dynamics very well in lofi compared to hifi/monitoring speakers.
This thread is about making lo-fi sound good, my dude.
>>
>>69337484
But if lofi music is good, then it doesnt need to be enhanced further lol.

If youre gonna listen to something but change the experience, why bother at all?
Just have two setups, one for lofi and one for non lofi makes more sense, because non lofi is considerably more different when it comes to how its mixed etc.
>>
>>69337532
because speakers doesnt add anything that isnt there. If the drums are mixed with a muddy low end and muted top end. No speaker will be able to add that back in.
>>
>>69337532
Well produced music will also sound good on the non lofi setup but not the other way around.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.