[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk Tiny Desk Concerts. Which was your favorite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ssdb2[1].jpg (479KB, 1300x741px) Image search: [Google]
ssdb2[1].jpg
479KB, 1300x741px
Let's talk Tiny Desk Concerts.

Which was your favorite performance?
Who really dazzled you with their ability to play a small space?
Who surprised you the most?
What new bands/musicians did you discover through Tiny Desk Concerts?
Who do you think flopped the hardest?

For me, my favorite performance is probably the Mountain Goats. I love watching John Darnielle play. He gets so into what he's doing.

Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds are probably the ones that dazzled me the most. Full of energy, spunk, and fire. Didn't expect that little girl to be so soulful.

T-Pain surprised me the most. I don't like his music or his genre in general, but it surprised the hell out of me when he opened his mouth and I found out he could really sing.

Best new musician I discovered with Tiny Desk is probably Benjamin Clementine. Never would have heard him without it randomly popping up on autoplay.

And finally, the biggest flop for me was probably Adelle. Not a fan of her stuff, but she seemed just so out of place in the space, and so arrogant only to just fail to capture the audience.
>>
Tldr
>>
I liked Julia Holters and Lisa Hannigans. None other's immediately spring to mind.

>>69336118
Your time isn't important and neither are you
>>
Dan Deacon
>>
none
all of them are shit
>>
>>69336104
the way you type and the fact you listen to npr makes you sound like a faggot (or a woman)
>>
>>69336104
Tiny Desk Concerts are awful. They are beyond pretentious. At least KEXP tries.
>>
>>69336104
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxglzsJkBJg
this ones good, especially 'love like this'
>>
>>69337244
This, npr is for faggots. Like you, OP.
>>
the Anderson Paak one is really good
>>
>>69337078
Yes
>>
It sound like you most definitely work for npr
>>
I like the wilco one where Glenn Kotche is hitting the little drum set made of random trinkets
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.