[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know much about Brant Bjork? I'm listening to bits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: brant bjork.jpg (120KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
brant bjork.jpg
120KB, 500x333px
Anyone know much about Brant Bjork? I'm listening to bits and pieces and he seems cool. What's good and what's bad? Anything to avoid or focus on?
>>
>>69333093
I don't know much about him, but my boss gave me Jalamanta and I remember it being fucking awesome.

I assume you're already into Kyuss and the Desert Sessions if you're checking out his solo stuff?
>>
>>69333093
And more importantly, where to download his music? Can't find much online from a cursory glance

>>69333115
Funnily enough not really, I'm gonna check out Kyuss soon more properly but I'm not a huge fan. The only Bjork stuff I already know well and love is his stuff with Fu Manchu
>>
>>69333093
Jalamanta is one of the best things to come out of California
>>
I like Bjork too
>>
>>69333125
Fu Manchu are kickass. I actually think they're the band that made me less of a music snob and made me learn to appreciate fun shit.

Oh, and get Soulseek.
>>
>>69333144
I totally get that with Fu Manchu, it made me change how I write music for my own band. Stopped trying so hard and just started having fun with it and I honestly think our stuff sounds way better since. Funny, didn't expect they'd have that effect on someone else too.

I've tried soulseek once before but I'm kind of a fucking noob, I don't really get how it works. Once I find a record that someone has, what's the general protocol for getting my hands on it? How do I go about it?
>>
>>69333159
>Once I find a record that someone has, what's the general protocol for getting my hands on it? How do I go about it?
Just right click on the folder and press download
>>
>>69333183
The one time I did that, I got immediately blocked by the person who was sharing it hahaha like isn't there some level of communication involved more so than your usual torrent sites?
>>
>>69333195
Lol, he was either just an asshole or he turned his computer off. I guess there is, but I've only ever needed to talk to someone if they weren't sharing a release I was after, or their collection was just so fucking sick that I couldn't help but shoot them a message.

That's awesome about your own band, by the way. I guess the fun element just makes you feel a lot more carefree so you're either more confident in doing unconventional stuff, or at following a certain vibe. But I guess on the other hand, artists that are pretentious dickheads experience sort of the same affect, where they feel cocksure enough to do whatever and assume it's great.
>>
>>69333217
Hahah fuck sweet aight I'll give soulseek another crack

Yeah I'd say you're spot on, I definitely started fucking around with stuff I usually wouldn't have been comfortable with around the time I got into Fu Manchu. Up until that point we'd basically been a versechorusverse power chord band and after that I started throwing in a lot of weird shit compared to what we used to do. And yeah pretentious cunts definitely get that same thing, but you can tell the difference from the vibe of the music. You'd never listen to any fu manchu and think it was pretentious, because it's too laid back for that. Even the heavy or fast songs are somehow laid back.

Fuck I love Fu Manchu
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.