[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Daft Punk's rise to fame completely disillusion their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: daft-punk-weeknd.jpg (61KB, 650x360px) Image search: [Google]
daft-punk-weeknd.jpg
61KB, 650x360px
Did Daft Punk's rise to fame completely disillusion their fanbase? They seem to have been going downhill for about a decade now but their popularity seems to be at its height. They were the centerpiece of that terrible guitar hero dj knockoff, then that bad Tron movie, had to tolerate plebs running around for an entire year singing Get Lucky, and now a single with The Weeknd. I mean, I know pop will be pop, but I can't help but feeling they are now normie-core. Thoughts? Opinions? Fuck-you's?
>>
I suppose their fanbase has changed rather than become disillusioned.
>>
Definitively normie-core. Doesn't stop their music from being good, but it has declined. I'm not hopeful for their next album at this rate.
>>
No band hates their fans more than Daft Punk does
>>
>>69329199
>terrible guitar hero dj knockoff
game is actually criminally underrated and a lot more fun than guitar hero.
>>
Daft Punk, in a nutshell.

AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORRRRLD

Daft Punk's fans in a nutshell:

>pic related
>>
The worst part is they're just not "punk" anymore. In any sense of the word. Homework and the side project era had the true punk ethos of wanton sampling and DIY techno, noisey and imperfect. Alive 1997 and other bootlegs from that era perfectly demonstrate how awesome seat-of-your-pants French house was back then.

Then they started taking themselves seriously, which still led to awesome results from Discovery on through Alive 2007, mostly because their heads hadn't gone completely up their asses at that point (though Electroma was a scare).

But with everyone praising them for Alive 2007 and landing the Tron job to boot, they started believing they were gods, and ventured fully into their own anuses. So we get the Hans Zimmer with synths Tron score, the physical manifestation of pretentiousness that is RAM, and a bunch of over-hyped vocoder ft. credits.
>>
>>69329528
Do you write for any music magazines or run a blog? I like your writing style, whether you were trying or not.
>>
>>69329528
Pretty much dead on. Though I'm not sure if my opinion on this is muddled by the fact that RAM was lukewarm for me--it was a nice homage to disco but nothing more. Luckily there's plenty of French touch artists to be listened to but I don't see anyone making another Discovery again. I think those kinds of albums are a one-time deal
>>
>>69329528
i enjoyed a good chunk of RAM but still agree
>>
>>69329199
What the fuck is on that man's head?
>>
>>69329528
I like your writing style. Talk about more things
>>
>>69329199
>>69329246
>normie-core
Always been
>>
They were always normie core, literally everybody loved Daft Punk when I was a kid.

I don't understand them now though. They're just making generic pop singles for generic pop artists. With vocoders sometimes, as anon mentioned. It's not even Daft Punk anymore.

I still remember when Human After All was leaked here and nobody believed it was the real deal for a month until it actually released, because it was so repetitive and dry. But that felt more like DF than whatever the hell they are now.
>>
>>69329199

>Bad Tron Movie

YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU DOUBLE NEGRO.
>>
>>69331690
>They were always normie core

This. If you think they were ever underground, it's because you're objectively a fucking pleb.
>>
>>69329528

You honestly don't think the punk in their name is meant to refer to them being Punk, do you?

Please tell me you're joking or at least 15 so I don't feel bad for laughing at you for actually thinking they produced dirty house.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.