[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Save me, /mu/. I think I'm a huge normie. I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: save.png (184KB, 1097x993px) Image search: [Google]
save.png
184KB, 1097x993px
Save me, /mu/. I think I'm a huge normie. I've been listening to almost the same sorta stuff for years (besides the occasional variation and Spotify playlists that are just background noise).

I want to be less of a normie and discover more good music. Recommend me *anything* that is very good. From kpop to death metal, anything goes.
>>
>>69327127
Lurk moar faggot.

You'll learn shit by browsing here.
>>
>>69327143
I have been. For years. I lurk but I still keep listening to the same old shit.
>>
pick a genre you like and invest yourself into it
>>
File: mu Core.jpg (843KB, 1247x3028px) Image search: [Google]
mu Core.jpg
843KB, 1247x3028px
>>69327127
What genres or artists do you like. I would suggest looking through pic-related. Find what you like and don't.
>>
>>69327127
>deadmau5
man and i thought i used to be a pleb
>>
>>69327127
We have some similar top artists
If you feel like looking around my library
http://www.last.fm/user/TWoodo
>>
>>69327185
whats the one in classics e 7 been wondering what the album was for a while now
>>
>>69327127
>She

Mah Nigga
>>
/mu/ will teach you alot about charts with mostly decent albums and whatevers on /mu/ which is a complete mixed bag of normally shit for hipsters and people who don't like hipsters. so if you wanna learn about that taste, keep posting.

rym is good for learning about whatever odd genre is calling out to you, and provides information about the actual musicians and labels and yadayada.

learning about music history and whatnot requires listening to a bunch of really pretentious critics. if you want to find good music, find people, go to shows or some shit, that have similar tastes, and start having long conversations about every kind of music you can think of, and find more things you like off their recommendations.
>>
>>69327316
>learning about music history and whatnot requires listening to a bunch of really pretentious critics. if you want to find good music, find people, go to shows or some shit, that have similar tastes, and start having long conversations about every kind of music you can think of, and find more things you like off their recommendations.
you're that guy who insists on ignoring older music only to appear hip, aren't you
>>
File: 1441334156662.jpg (566KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1441334156662.jpg
566KB, 900x900px
>>69327127
>he came here looking for taste and music.
you FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>69327367
no, i just think /mu/ is a shitty place to find good music and the op seemed like he might believe this was a useful website for people who aren't low budget marketers
>>
>>69327127
>Netsky
lol
>>
>>69327405
you are right, but I don't see how this sentence makes any sense
>learning about music history and whatnot requires listening to a bunch of really pretentious critics
>>
>>69327127
Based on your tastes you'd do really well to check out good 90s electronic music and go from there. The Chemical Brothers, Orbital, Underworld, Fatboy Slim, The Avalanches, Aphex Twin... then go deeper. Just get the fuck away from Daft Punk for a while.
>>
>>69327435
a critics job is to be pretentious. what's not true about my statement?
>>
>>69327302
jackson c frank, underrated as fuck imo
>>
>>69327127
>/mu/
>good music
lmao
>>
>>69327474
>what is the burden of proof
prove yourself right
>>
>>69327474
>a critics job is to be pretentious
I think you don't understand what a pretentious person is
It's not because a person knows more than you that they are pretentious
You can learn a lot from music historians
I think you're just one of those people who get mad when someone knows more then them
A mature person knows how to learn, you know
>>
>>69327525
thanks
>>
>>69327567
nah he doesn't know shit about anything so he can suck my dick

>>69327571
i never said being pretentious was bad, or that learning music history was bad. you guys are just trying to look smart
>>
Guys, what are some /mu/-tier classical music albums?
>>
>>69327127
Props on She.

I almost never see him talked about here.
>>
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Tame Impala
Death Grips
Everything Everything
Grimes

I'm a bit of a normie too, it's okay. You have some good stuff on your list.
>>
>>69327302
Can you read? It's written in the image.
>>
>>69327441
(specific albums)

>The Chemical Brothers
start with first album and go chronologically
>Orbital
Brown Album (Orbital 2) or if you want something more accessible, Wonky. Then go wild. Blue Album is their only bad one.
>Underworld
Dubnobasswithmyheadman, and if that was "too weird" try Beaucoup Fish, Barking, and Barbara Barbara - all their albums are good.
>Fatboy Slim
First three albums are his good ones, try any of them.
>The Avalanches
If you haven't heard Since I Left You yet you're a moron, and Wildflower is pretty good.
>Aphex Twin
Selected Ambient Works 1, and if you hated that try Richard D James Album.
>>
>>69327595
well I think we're lost in translation then because I'm sure that a pretentious person is someone who pretends to know stuff that they don't
but yeah I am acting like a dick for no reason sorry
>>
>>69327650
>Fatboy Slim
Just started checking him out recently. Can't agree with this enough for OP. So good.
>>
File: Sounds Of Silence.jpg (217KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sounds Of Silence.jpg
217KB, 1000x1000px
Just finished listening to this and I enjoyed the hell out of it. It's only 29 minutes, too.
>>
>>69327604
exactly. I like his Orion album.
>>
>>69327650
>Dubnobasswithmyheadman
>Weird
Who the fuck thinks that album is weird?

>SAW 1
How can anyone hate SAW? It's the most accessible album out of him.
>>
just listen to what you want and explore yourself why must you be spoonfed
>>
>>69327658
it's ok

>>69327127
ill link some shit for you cuz fuck these posers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFe0OfEtP2w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5A1GXC5BYQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EL_2UrYxf8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn4VRU0yazg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlfW62c2nIQ
>>
>>69327766
who has time for that shit? I can't waste my time on garbage...
>>
>>69327840
learning to appreciate things takes patience you goofball dumbass idiot
>>
>>69327748
At first couldn't get into Dubno cause the production was dated and the songs were so fucking long. I was a serious pleb back then though.
>>
>>69327866
>goofball dumb ass idiot
you had a solid point and you ruined it
>>
>>69327897
learn to appreciate humor
>>
>>69327890
True. I remember when I couldn't get into any 90s electronic music because they weren't my thing. I'll be honest I don't like a few songs from the album, but overall its great.
>>
Listen to what you enjoy, not what you think is the "deep" or "right" music to listen to. Don't be someone who thinks they're better than another because the music they like is less known or not mainstream. It's just a lame way of compensating for some other inadequacy they have. Why do you care so much about being perceived as a "normie" because of your musical preferences?
>>
>>69327127
Be that rarest thing: a normie who is also patrician. There is no reason you can't like Top 40 shit and also like patrician things too.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.