[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we discuss how shitty rap music really is? Give me one reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: freedomflight.jpg (180KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
freedomflight.jpg
180KB, 500x500px
Can we discuss how shitty rap music really is? Give me one reason that rap is not the most degenerate genre of widely listened to music existing on the earth today.
Lyrical content is absolute cancer and the stereotype of it all being about "money and hoes" is suddenly accurate.
>one time I looked up the lyrics to a rap song and almost every line had "nigger" at the end of it, not that hard to rhyme the same word faggots
Rap is poisoning what could be good civilized people due to its low tier language, excessive cussing, small perspective lyrical content, and easy access to all.
And we haven't even touched ground on trap music with its machine gun sounding background beats that plague literally every song resulting in extreme bore after listening to it for more then 10 minutes.

Black people have created exceptional works of art within the world of music (pic related, just listen to the final track and you'll see what I mean) but rap is the lowest form of anything that they have come up with. Why does it still exist.
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
>>69322501
Oh I love these threads, can't wait to see how this turns out
>>
I'm with you Op. This is what happens when you get older. Most people drop rap to a large extent because of how much of it is just about bad behavior and being a shitty member of society.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480268662749.jpg (11KB, 228x212px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480268662749.jpg
11KB, 228x212px
>>69322501
You're not wrong
>>
true i always thought it was strange how much longevity rap's had. You'd think the kids would'v gotten tired of it.

Then again, i don't think they actually listen to the music, definitely not the albums. Maybe they have 2pac Changes in their iphone or something. But mostly they solely thrive off of the image
>>
>>69322501
Rapping as a lyrical delivery isn't a bad technique per se, and there's a lot of good rap with actual depth.

Wigger rap is the same issue as top 40 charts, it's popular because it's popular, people who listen to that don't see music as an artform/way of expression but rather see music just as some background noise to be consumed.
Shallow people are going to be shallow no matter what. Remove rap and what do you have ? Less noisy thugs. The issue's not there.
>>
I know right?!? This fuckign hiphop nonsense. No fucking substance at all! It's about bitches and drugs and violence!! What the heck?!?! Can you believe the media telling us tax paying americans that this is "music"!! I simply cant believe this. What the fuck happened to good music?????

btw dont mind me just posting the only good rap song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUqvPJ3cbUQ
>>
>>69322538
weak response to a weak thread

lets just delete /mu/
>>
>>69323107
One day you will grow out of hip hop almost entirely. It happens to most normal people who aren't burn out losers.
>>
>>69322501
you clearly haven't listened to any older rap, because the whole reason the hip hop movement really took of in the black community was it was used for an outlet for non violent protest. also there are loads of great rappers who don't fit into your narrow minded view of all rappers, you clearly just haven't found them. i would recommend Jedi Mind Tricks as an an artist to listen to.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.