[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a rapper lacks authenticity can you personally listen to them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: The-News-500x500.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
The-News-500x500.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
If a rapper lacks authenticity can you personally listen to them? I know I can't.
>>
File: azusa giggles at your post.jpg (124KB, 570x692px) Image search: [Google]
azusa giggles at your post.jpg
124KB, 570x692px
>authenticity
>>
>>69319759
kodak black is the most authentic rapper cuz he's fucking retarded.
>>
>>69320353
Shut your hoe ass up
>>
>>69319759
Thats why Gucci Mane is the best rapper alive
>>
nah, i couldn't care less if young thug was really a thug. just keep singing to me zaddy
>>
How do (You) tell
>>
>>69319759
Every rapper is fake. Its all an act, and it's all homo-erotic cuck shit.
>muh big dick
>muh 20 shirtless black dudes in the background of my music videos
>muh daddy issues
>muh "I'm fucking your bitch"
>muh "I'm so tough, I'm from the streets."
>>
>>69320367
never said his music was, just that he himself looks and talks like a retard. Institution is a pretty good tape.
>>
>>69320469
Lil Big pac is grossly underrated desu
>>
>>69320434
it's not fake, niggers are actually this stupid
>>
>>69320563
this
>>
>>69319759
Just the opposite! I want my rapper's talking about all the aliens they fuck and how their criminal enterprise is funded by the Clintons, but in actuality be devout followers of Allah
>>
>>69319759
No modern rapper has authenticity. They are all obnoxious ironic posers.
>>
>>69320434
>Every rapper is fake. Its all an act, and it's all homo-erotic cuck shit.
>muh big dick

lolwut
what songs have you been listening to?
>>
>>69319759
>all my niggas monkeys, we gorillas

what did he mean by this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmwmZfMooSo
>>
>>69320353
>>69320367
>>69320379
>>69320408
>>69320412
>>69320434
>>69320469
>>69320502
>>69320563
>>69320589
>>69320591
>>69320626
>>69320681
Question: Is everyone who is obsessed with listening to "authentic" music just insecure about the sincerity of their own beliefs and actions ?

How do you measure authenticity ?

Why would you want to in the first place ?
>>
>>69320833
I'd rather read book about the Battle of the Bulge written by a soldier who took part in the conflict as opposed to one written by some twat with an okay imagination 60 years later.

Some people would rather watch documentaries than an action flick.
>>
>>69320829
Gucci has a better one
>Gorilla goons with the tool down to act the fool
> Monkey Niggas in my hood I'm living in the zoo.
>>
>>69321441
I'd rather read a book written by a talented professional writer who's done lots of research on the subject then some random dude who was there but is a retard and can't write worth shit.
>>
authenticity is meaningless. My local crackhead down the street have sold more crack and shot more people then Dr Dre has, that doesn't make him a better rapper.
>>
File: lum.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lum.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
The best rappers lack authenticity
>>
>>69320626
This is a fucking joke.
>Gucci Mane isn't authentic
>21 Savage isn't authentic
>Kodak Black isn't authentic
>Bobby Shmurda isn't authentic
With the exception of 21, all these rappers have been to jail for charges relating to exactly what they rap about it, there isn't anything "fake" about it
>>
>>69321699
Strangely enough, 21 is the only good rapper on your list.
>>
>>69320281
nigga why you keep changin yo name
>>
File: bally.gif (5KB, 166x200px) Image search: [Google]
bally.gif
5KB, 166x200px
>>69321501
And that's what authenticity is all about.

You want to read good writing? Read the work of a writer who is authentic to his trade, and actually is passionate about writing, as opposed to some guy trying to write by-the-numbers to make a "best-seller" and cash in.

You want to read accurate history? Read the reports/accounts of someone who authentically experienced it and gives a no-bullshit recounting of events instead of some hip young "history buff" who unwittingly inserts modern sensibilities and standards onto a society and culture from an alien time.

"Authenticity" can be a scary word, but it's basically just meaning what you say.

If you rap/talk about making money, cashing in, pleasing the masses, and strategically writing your albums to sell, and you live up to your words, that's authentic, because even though you're selling out, you're at least honest and aware that you're selling out, and you do it intentionally. You're an authentic sell-out.

If you rap/talk about how you love the craft, how you don't do it for the money or fame, how you grow and learn and get better every album, how the integrity of the art form matters to you and how you try to elevate it, yet you just release uninspired, by-the-numbers, lowest-common-denominator, quick-paycheck album after album with no sign of growth, then you're not authentic at all, and you're also a total sellout.

You rap about being a hard gangsta criminal but you go home to your suburbs mansion and happy family every night? Not authentic.

You talk about how you know X number of martial arts and how you beat up dudes at bars all the time for the slightest wrong look, yet you get your ass handed to you, crying on the floor for mercy the first time some slow stumbling drunk called you out and connected with a few slaps? Not authentic.

I'm sure you can think of plenty more examples, but that's kind of the gist of what Authenticity is about, and why it's important to lots of artists / art enthusiasts.
>>
>>69321771
you mean gucci mane
>>
>>69321771
21 Savage is absolute dogshit.
>>
>>69321945
Bin fucking go nigga.
>>
>>69319759
>expecting a corporate cash cow to have "authenticity"
>>
>>69322443
This.

Once you become rich and famous, rapping about anything other than being rich and famous is hard to take seriously. If the first big album that launched your stardom was about you going through hard times and persevering despite the odds, you can't keep rapping about that after winning the world and still be authentic.

To be authentic at that point, you'd have to be rapping about how you verbally abused and threatened a fast food drive-thru-window employee that morning because you thought they messed up your order but you actually just forgot to order something and you realized it too late but felt too stupid and embarrassed to own it so you kept on screaming until you felt superior and got a free chicken sandwich.
>>
>>69319759
>hiphop legitimizes sampling, could be the apex of post-modern art forms
>niggas worried about 'authenticity'

smhtbqh
>>
>>69321945
good post.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.