[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone on here actually have an instrument collection and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: The Collection 1.jpg (671KB, 2261x1470px) Image search: [Google]
The Collection 1.jpg
671KB, 2261x1470px
Does anyone on here actually have an instrument collection and play/write/record/produce/engineer/etc. music in any way? You can't all be le hip underground music fans
>>
I have two laptops and a mic on my headphones
>>
yes retard there are people that make music on a music board
>>
I own an 1844 Breton Violin.
>>
>>69316774

Pix

>>69316769

After lurking in the soundcloud/bandcamp threads on here for a while, most of the people "making music" on here are utter fuckups
>>
>>69316836

probably because they're all young as fuck and don't have much formal music training
>>
>>69316877

And yet they're somehow supposed to be ahead of the curve when it comes to knowing what music is good?
>>
>>69316836
You will also come to realize after a few days here that there are certain crowds that stay in the bandcamp, rym, etc. threads because they need a wank that's not self-induced. This is not saying write off everyone in these threads, but just be aware that that style of thread does tend to attract the same crowd.

And yes, I would even posit that close to a majority of people here dick around with an instrument.
>>
you actually own a double bass? I just bought my second, it's in the shop now. It's a Kay C bass from 1950, I'm really excited about it.
>>
>>69316744
I own 3 different drum machines/sets but I don't record anything.
>>
>>69316961

I don't write everyone off - I've definitely found some awesome shit that people on here have made, but I'm disappointed when there are threads on here full of people digging into Kanye and Drake and Sia records. There's so much music out there that isn't utter garbage, but most of what gets discussed on here is top 40 bullshit or obscure-to-be-obscure trash.

>>69316966

I do, but it's an Eminence so it's the right scale length and everything but a slimmed down body. Not as full sounding unless you have a nice little amp. You should definitely be excited about a 50's Kay, those are eventually going to be impossible to find.
>>
I've got a femder electric, I've got a yamaha trombone, i have my most prized possession a German handmade bassoon
>>
>>69316938

sure

compositional knowledge of music is not necessary to enjoy the aesthetic of music or to even have good taste. and gearfagging to make yourself look superior certainly isn't either
>>
>>69317042
Your view of what is posted about here makes it painfully obvious you're very new. No one gets off on obscurity anymore. It's not 2010.

You're not entirely wrong about top 40 shit, but you can blame that on dumblrinas finding their way here and this being probably the most "left" board besides /lgbt/.
>>
>>69317105

A listener needs to understand music at least a little bit to understand whether or not they're listening to recycled garbage or something that's truly new and interesting. All of these millennial, contrarian pieces of shit that refuse to listen to music from the 20th century that think they know what good music is are completely full of shit.
>>
>>69317172

>contrarian pieces of shit that refuse to listen to music from the 20th century

you might find contrarian pieces of shit but theres practically nobody here that won't listen to 20th century music
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.