[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Adele? Why do normies like her so much but hate any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: tmp_28692-EBEIl2ol-649083291.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28692-EBEIl2ol-649083291.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
Thoughts on Adele? Why do normies like her so much but hate any other vaguely sad sounding music?
>>
She embraces weight acceptance. She has a good voice dont get me wrong but people act like shes a fucking savior
>>
I suppose marketing's got something to to do to do with it. The same could be said for any artist who achieves mainstream success while tons of similar ones fail.
>>
I have a friend that thought Carrie & Lowell was too sad to listen to but regularly cries to Adele.

Same friend also loves Justin Timberlake, Coldplay, Maroon 5, Bruno Mars and anything top 40.

She generally hates my music, so one day I put on Carly Bae Jepson for her benefit (a compromise): "ugh what is this".

I think it's marketing. Social accepted and popular music acts are fine to listen to, and anything not on radio isn't good quality/worth listening to.
>>
>>69310757
Carly is shit, though. She's also peddled by everyone and their moms.
>>
>>69309333
Successful for the same reasons that anyone you see blow up on a network TV talent show are successful. Sob story horseshit because she's overweight or bullied or whatever. It's easy to think she has a good voice but her technique was appalling; she shredded her larynx and had to go in for surgery if she ever wanted to sing again.

The songs themselves are samey and saturated in these bombastic arrangements. "Hello" is especially guilty of this. But people eat it up I guess.
>>
>>69309333
Her hits have amazing vocal melodies from a pop viewpoint and her voice sounds good.

As long as Sufjan becomes capable of writing a vocal melody like that and will be able to deliver it like that he will be the next mainstream poster boy, there are no conspiracies here.
>>
>>69310757
>Social accepted and popular music
This. Normalfags have the greatest herd mentality.
>>
>>69311420
what amazing vocal melodies
>>
>>69310815
you're this shit, though
>>
>>69309333
>Those DSL's

I fapped all over this album cover
>>
>>69309333
Is it because she sings very loud like everyone on the Voice? Is that something normies like? Why do they like that?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.