[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cannot get into shoegaze. Reck me something other than loveless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3847.jpg (84KB, 641x636px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3847.jpg
84KB, 641x636px
I cannot get into shoegaze. Reck me something other than loveless to get me into the genre
>>
psub
>>
If you don't dig Loveless, try
Slowdive - Souvlaki
Ride - Nowhere
Medicine - Shot Forth Self Living
Chapterhouse - Whirlpool
Lush - Spooky

If none of those five (+ Loveless) do it for you, I just don't think it's the genre for you m8
>>
Whirr - Sway
Lilys - In The Presence Of Nothing
Planning For Burial - Desideratum
>>
Check out the Paisley Underground scene. Sorta like shoegaze but with a heavier garage rock and jangle pop influence
>>
Whirr - Distressor
>>
Not OP, but any bands more like Slowdive? This shit is leagues above MBV in my subjective opinion.
>>
If you didn't dig Loveless, don't bother.
You might like Swirlies and Deerhunter, I guess? Maybe try Silversun Pickups.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JitbvK6hpA
>>
>>69307243
maybe listen to more modern stuff

Pinkshinyultrablast - Everything Else Matters
Kairon; IRSE! - Ujubasajuba
Sweet Trip - Velocity : Design : Comfort
>>
>>69307627
slowdive is a poor man's cocteau twins
>>
Deathconcisness and Loveless are the only shoegaze albums I've ever liked.
>>
>>69307627
Cocteau Twins for sure. You might also like Galaxie 500 and Duster but they're not as pretty or ethereal.

Also I feel like nitpicking and saying Slovaki is way more dream pop than shoegaze and it's not really fair that it always gets compared Loveless.

(also Loveless is 100x better (((in my opinion))))
>>
>>69307627
You're shit out of luck, to be honest. Maybe LSD and the Search for God's EP?
>>
>>69307842
Yo thanks this is decent
>>
>>69307925
>Maybe LSD and the Search for God's EP?
They're more like a well done ripoff of MBV who could never come up with enough material for a full album
>>
beach house
>>
>These pleb replies

Listen to Lush - Split
Ceres - Into the deep time
Asobi Seksu-Citrus
>>
>>69308168
Beach House is one of my favorite bands but they're definitely not shoegaze.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxu8VdoaXE8
>>
Sweet Trip's Velocity : Design: Comfort definitely. It's sort of a slow album overall but its accessible tracks are god-tier, and the album itself is amazing as well.

Check out the songs DSCO and Chocolate Matter.
>>
Isn't Anything --> Loveless is a great progression to make

the thing is that shoegaze is inherently a limited narrow genre, so all the recommendations you see on RYM or /shugazi/ is horseshit and extremely derivative.

nothing comes close to Loveless and possibly Souvlaki
>>
>>69307816
To tell you the truth, deprecation guild is pretty cringe core, actually mixing chiptune with anything is pretty crying to me
>>
Ujubasajuba is the only good shoegaze album
>>
>>69308348
*cringey
>>
>>69308309
I thought this album was kind of too upbeat and busy to fit in with most shoegaze. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood or wasn't really paying attention but it didn't scratch the same itch that other shoegaze albums do
>>
>>69308348
I guess it depends on what you associate the aesthetic with. I think some chiptune can be extremely comfy and has really nice melodies. I love the textures of the small, old synths. However a lot of it is way too chaotic and high energy and just irritating.

I think it can be worked into other music and have a really great, evocative effect.
>>
Can anyone recc some really slow, hazey, melodic, shoegaze? Like late-night shoegaze to have on in the background without being too disruptive.

Similar in pace to MBVs newest album I guess.
>>
>>69308350
>Ujubasajuba
dude you're the fucking man. this is amazing
>>
>>69308366
well for me the blissfulness and energy was what set it apart from so many other shoegaze albums. that and the great blend of IDM.
>>
>>69308350
Op here. I actually really like this thanks
>>
File: 1dae77e6.jpg (96KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1dae77e6.jpg
96KB, 800x800px
Here
>>
>>69308714
thanks for making the thread OP, this album made my dick rock-hard
>>
>>69308521
All of Astrobrite's stuff
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.