[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More people need to listen to and acknowledge David Bowie's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

More people need to listen to and acknowledge David Bowie's work in the 90's.

Earthling & Hours are completely underrated classics, and Outside is quite possibly his greatest album.
>>
>>69306337
I love Bowie but everything about that look is embarrassing
>>
Was Billy bending his knees there? Cause he's much taller than them in reality
>>
File: 1419567872701.jpg (887KB, 1280x773px)
1419567872701.jpg
887KB, 1280x773px
>>69306430
Seems that way, David's a six footer; I can agree that his Earthling look wasn't very flattering, at least by Hours he tamed it down
>>
>>69306477
David was 5'10"
>>
>>69306477
Bowie was 5'10" and Reed was 5'8"
>>
>>69306477
Who's the lady above Dave Grohl?
>>
>>69306781
>lady
>>
>>69306781
That David's bass player Gail Ann Dorsey
>>
>>69306337
Black Tie is an underrated classic
Buddah was forgettable
Outside was half AMAZING tracks and half filler
Earthling is an amazing dance album.
Hours is sometimes-interesting-sometimes-boring
>>
>>69306337
Outside invented drum and bass 15 years before EDM
>>
>>69306857
One could say it's David introducing jungle music outside of the UK

https://youtu.be/-jdtMIpF56s
>>
>>69306837
Thanks. I thought it might be Skin from Skunk Anansie, but she doesn't look quite the same.
>>
I think Black Tie and Buddha had really strong material and none of the rest of his 90's work really came close to those, though I enjoy Earthling now and then.

I just can't sit through Outside.
>>
>>69307014
There's a version of Outside that trims away a good chunk of the album called Excerpts From Outside, but it chops out two of my favorite tracks from it, No Control & Wishful Beginnings

It's hard to count Buddha because it's a soundtrack album, but I look at it as a direct sequel to BTWN over anything else
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.