[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did your music taste change since you went into your twenties?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 1457985662918.png (736KB, 938x668px) Image search: [Google]
1457985662918.png
736KB, 938x668px
How did your music taste change since you went into your twenties?
I stopped listening to weird cabaret music and meme rap.
>>
>>69293644
It's not really an issue of personality, music tastes change as you age because you're too familiar with the past music you liked when you were younger, so you feel like you 'outgrown' them
>>
i have this fascination with boring/corny music from decades ago, because i want to stick myself in the mindset of someone who would enjoy that stuff

does anyone else feel the same?
>>
it didn't
>>
>>69293663
yea i know what you mean LOL i'm more or less the same way too, dadrock piece of shit that likes a few other albums, very few bands tho
>>
>>69293644
Broadly speaking it went like this.
10-13: UKG, Nu Metal
13-16: Death/Black/Thrash Metal, Grime
16-17: J-Core, UK Hardcore, Happy Hardcore, Gabber, Makina, Speedcore, Ska
17-18: Drum & Bass
18-20: Breakbeat Hardcore, Jungle, Drum & Bass, UKG, Grime, Bassline, Dubstep
20-25: Breakbeat Hardcore, Jungle, Drum & Bass, UKG, Grime, Footwork, Happy Hardcore, Bassline
>>
>>69293721
Awful
>>
>>69293721
cute
>>
13-14: Mostly nu-metal and edgy white boy shit
15-16: "Indie rock" aka the pop-rock they play on the radio
17-19: Actual indie rock, getting a little bit less conventional
20-21: Mostly the same indie rock but also a lot of 90s Hip-hop as well as soul and rhythm & blues.
22-23: Jazz and classical music.
>>
>>69293721

Shittius maximus.
Are you actually deaf?
>>
i became rap

https://youtu.be/ojH5M_xUI-Y
>>
>>69293663

Top 40s from the 50s, I feel you anon
>>
10-13: shitty rap stuff (eminem, 50 cent, that kind of stuff), shitty edgy rock stuff (Linkin Park, Green Day)
14-15: everything, randomly switching stuff from jazz to death metal to fucking gabber
16-18: meme shit, joke music or whatever it is called (Starbomb for example)
19-21: basically everything from 1930-2000, mostly 60s and 70s stuff
>>
>>69293663
Kinda same, yeah. 60s psychdelic shit's the best
>>
8-13: Outkast, bill withers, lil wayne,linkin park,rage against
13-16: Kanye west,pink floyd,the doors,nmh,vampire weekend and edm
16-18:60s psychedelic,ambient,garage rock,meme rap and free jaz
18-20:90s hip hop,doom metal,black metal,punk
post 20: Shoegaze,post punk,art pop,
really can't stand hip hop atm
>>
>>69293660
this, although its not with everything: i still rock soad and rhcp that i loved when i was 12
>>
>>69293644
20s: mainly listening to 60s dadrock & tweepop, while having a strong nostalgia for all the (black)metal I used to listen in HS
late 20s: IDM/EDM mainly with strong nostalgia for tweepop I used to listen when I was younger.
this is so sad.
>>
>>69293750
t. faggot rockist
>>
10-13: Busted and top 40 rubbish
14-16: Metal like Lamb of God, Sonic syndicate, Slipknot also hard rock.
17-18: Normie Rock like Linkin park and Muse, Pop-Punk like P!ATD, Fall out Boy, Blink
19: Hip-Hop, Mucore rock, Indie Folk,
20: Electro-indie rock, post-rock, Dark wave electronic, Nu-soul
21: Baroque pop, Art-rock, 80's new wave, psychadelic rock, Midwest emo, post-punk
22: Only been a month or so but listening to world music more, and back into Hip-Hop a lot also abstract electronic.
>>
I became way less of a backpacker. In my teens and early twenties i was basically exclusively into underground shit, especially stuff from the late 90s and early 2000s. Then I started listening to 2 chainz and now I legitimately like Drake. 2 chainz changed my life yo
>>
>>69293721
dance music is not an issue, but your taste does seem a bit limited
also why drop the metal?
>>
>>69294303
we are the same person
>>
16: indie stuff
17: the weird indie stuff
18: modern hip-hop
19: vaporwave

yeah..
>>
>>69293644
What are u saying? xD everyone here are 18 lmao
>>
>>69293644

I grew up and realized that music preference does not define me as a person and does not mean jack shit.
>>
>>69293721
You had it right at 13-16 minus the grime
>>
>0-16 SOAD, gay dance music
>16 avant pop, the strokes, vaportrap
> 17-19 shit idk like mostly /mu/ core? vaportrap, vaporwave, bmsr, anco, radiohead

im trying but its hard finding music I like when everything sucks
>>
I started listening to less mum-core stuff (though I still do listen to lots of it), started to get more into folk and prog
>>
File: 1488-oven.png (85KB, 557x604px) Image search: [Google]
1488-oven.png
85KB, 557x604px
10-12: dadrock, thrash, hip-hop
12-14: death metal, post-hardcore
14-16: easycore, pop punk, djent
17-19: shoegaze, future bass,j-core, trap

trap like this is my guilty pleasure: https://youtu.be/R7bJucLHWUM
>>
File: kentridge-complainta.jpg (23KB, 376x279px) Image search: [Google]
kentridge-complainta.jpg
23KB, 376x279px
Stopped giving second chances to genres / bands I don't appreciate and reconciled with myself as a full avant teen.

Sonic textures / acoustic stimulus that fascinates me is only in the most tryhard of electroacoustic shitnoise tape collage improv stuff, and that's ok with me.

There isn't really an emotional character to get caught up in with abstract sound art which tends to ease some of the surface pretension.
>>
I descended fully into the shoegaze rabbit hole and finally stopped listening to the shitty post hardcore that had been my guilty pleasure in my late teens.
>>
>>69296470
wow, you have always been a faggot
>>
10-17 = contemporary hip-hop, r&B and a ton of 90's hip hop still love shit like the memphis scene
18-20 = mu-core and obscure shit
21 = i listen to literally everything i think could be interesting and always try new genres or bands from foreign countries. there's not a single genre/style of music that hasn't produced something i don't like.
>>
File: exploding-cat.jpg (77KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
exploding-cat.jpg
77KB, 700x467px
By AGE:
0 - 17: No specific music taste, just random radio stuff
17-20: Techno, dance, trance, repeating shit-music
20-24: METAL, dark shit, hardcore, anything with doubledrums
24-27: Mainstream anything that was "the thing" at the time, because the radio, and finally had internet. This is when I finally started developing an evolved music "taste"
27-30: DnB, because it's the most audibly intense music I could find. Needed it for my misophonia
30 - Now: DnB, Liquid, Chill, remixes, anything that is audibly pleasing. I can listen to mostly everything these days, but my main go-to music style is DnB or Chilly music.
>>
8-10: The Beatles, Coldplay, Gorillaz, Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy
10-12: Radiohead, They Might Be Giants, Talking Heads, Devo, The Shins, Pink Floyd, Daft Punk, ELO, REM, Pavement, Lemon Demon, Vampire Weekend, MGMT
13-14: NMH, Animal Collective, The Flaming Lips, Sufjan Stevens, Guided By Voices, MBV, Self, Soul Coughing, of Montreal, Kanye, Aphex Twin, Eno, Kraftwerk, Daniel Johnston
15-18: Can, Popol Vuh, Frank Zappa, Gong, Ween, Oval, Sparks, Mercury Rev, XTC, R. Stevie Moore, Ariel Pink, David Bowie, OMD, Death Grips, MF Doom, Olivia Tremor Control
19-20: Prince, Parliament, The Rolling Stones, Mouse on Mars, various psych/garage/dadrock, Part Time, Donald Byrd, Nick Nicely, Bruce Haack, hypnogogic pop, 13th Floor Elevators

I don't think my taste has actually changed much at all in a while, I just get bored of one thing and move onto something I haven't heard before. Still listen to almost all of the above
>>
I like how people who aren't even 20 yet are posting in this thread.

The day I turned 20 I decided I had outgrown all forms of pop, rock, hip hop, and r&b and have listened to nothing but free jazz and Tibetan Buddhist ritual chants ever since.
>>
>itt: early life pop pleb stuff, but now, im a patrician
>>
>>69293644
I got into metal
>>
I'm 28 now.

I've stopped listening to popular music besides black metal during November (only November) and Vocaloid music (Rin only.)
>>
>>69297444
Jesus I hope this is bait
>>
>>69297588
Not at all. Don't you get post-irony bub?
>>
18: Liked metal
20: liked metal
24: still like metal

WTF I thought this was supposed to be a phase mom.
>>
>>69297444
>I've stopped listening to popular music besides black metal

Genius
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.