[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If he cut one or two of the bad songs off of SSLP, MMLP and TES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: eminem.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
eminem.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
If he cut one or two of the bad songs off of SSLP, MMLP and TES and then died right after 8 mile and TES, would he go down as one of, if not the best rapper of all time?
>>
Objectively correct, op.

SSLP, MMLP, TES and the 8 Mile soundtrack are all classics.

Some of his later work is questionable but even then he had some good moments (Some of Relapse was honest/not corny and MMLP2 had a few okay moments)

He'll always be a legend in my books. Also a great freestyler and all around funny and chill dude. I hope his next album which will most likely be his last is good. I have a feeling it will be since he's taken nearly 4 years to work on it.
>>
>>69284054
Yes, actually. That's pretty accurate.

His first 3 albums are pretty good, and then the fucking suck streak started.....Encore, Relapse, Recovry...Just fucking excruciating save for 2 or 3 songs each.
>>
No, Hip-hop has already moved so far past him holy shit. If "free" styling and "lyricism" weren't dead before 8-mile, that certainly was the last nail in the coffin.

If you honestly think he is a better rapper than anyone in the new gen (kodak black, lil yachty, lil uzi vert, 21 savage) you're an idiot and probably a racist.
>>
File: fishingpole.png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
fishingpole.png
80KB, 500x501px
>>69284475
>>
>>69284414

Encore was mostly mediocre but had a few goofy songs. His flow was still on point and there were a few classics. 5/10 album

Relapse actually had more passion into it and you could tell. The loose concept was interesting and experimental. I liked this darker weirder side of Em. His flow was at his best and his lyrics and production were pretty good too. 7/10 Overhated cause of accent.

Recovery is where the real falloff started. It had some decent songs but was mostly forgettable and cheesy. His shouting was dumb too. 4/10

MMLP2 was a bit better probably a 6/10 but the production was pretty bad. Some really great songs though like Bad Guy, Brainless, Berzerk and Evil Twin.

Overall, I'd argue he's gotten more mediocre in the past 5 years or so. He needs to make a comeback on this last album and stop with the weird flow and bring some good topics into it. Let's hope he does.
>>
>>69284758
>Encore: Had weird flow, and this is when he was getting fucked by the drugs. Not total trash, and Mockingbird is one of his deepest and most meaningful songs.
8/16(10/19)

>Relapse: I enjoyed the accents, and the wild rhymes + the serial killer vibe was good for Shady. But some of that shit like Insane and We Made You was literally just him fucking around.
13/17(18/24)

>Recovery: inb4 "pop trash." Decent album. There's a reason why Not Afraid actually has 800m views on youtube.
8/19

>MMLP2: Main problem with this album is that he has dope rhymes but the music quality was wack. Rhyme or Reason with an actual beat like Premiere or Dre would be much better. And Don't Front is some of his greatest shit to exist.
10/15(15/21)

Music wise, I think he fell off. But lyrically he's better than he was back in the early 2000s. If he had some better shit to talk about he'd trump his other albums easily. Amityville, I'm Back, and Just Don't Give A Fuck are better songs than Rap God, Wicked Ways, and Ground Hog Day, but those latter 3 have infinitely better rhyme schemes and overall lyricism.
>>
>>69285127
What's with the weird ratings?

>Encore: 5/10
>Relapse: 7.5/10
>Recovery: 4.2/10
>MMLP2: 7/10
>>
>>69285651
e
>>
Please explain the appeal of Eminem, i absolutely hate him and i should be part of his target demographic as a 17 year old white dude that listens to hip hop
>>
>>69288665
>17 year old
Uhhhhh....
>>
>would he go down as one of, if not the best rapper of all time?

This is redundant. He's already recognized as exactly this. Not sure how white people view it, but most hip hop heads in the black community acknowledge Em as one of the best, some say THE best.
>>
>>69284054
one of, duh. the best, probably not. he wouldn't be the first rapper to die and he wouldn't be the last.
>>
>>69288665
>Please explain the appeal of Eminem
His rhymes are nasty as fuck, and they only get better. Clever with the bars, and has some funny shit.

And his serious songs are probably some of the best in the entire rap game.
>>
>>69288665
>17 year old white dude
Look who is getting banned in 3... 2...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.