[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear god I fucking HATE Pet Sounds with a passion. It isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: PetSoundsCover.jpg (137KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
PetSoundsCover.jpg
137KB, 300x300px
Dear god I fucking HATE Pet Sounds with a passion. It isn't even a case of "it's an okay album that was overhyped until it was bad" or anything like that. It's a crock of cut and paste tryhard bullshit that skips right over experimental and into contrived and boring. The Beach Boys are garbage to begin with and Pet Sounds, much like a lot of their discography, is just a desperate attempt to conform to what they're told will sell. It's a desperate, garbage album and I'm tired of hearing about it.

You're allowed to like it. It can be your favorite album and I really wouldn't care. But there is NO reason for it to be considered objectively one of the best albums of all time. It does NOT deserve to have its dick sucked left and right by /mu/tants and normies alike. It shouldn't even be so that everyone loves an album so much that a person such as myself who thought it was awful is driven to anger by even seeing it or hearing it mentioned because of how frustrating the whole situation is. It's only subjectively good and even that's debatable.

Fuck Pet Sounds and fuck the Beach Boys.
>>
Nice bait
>>
there's like 7 better BB albums than this

the pleb's champion
>>
this is pasta material
thank you anon
>>
>>69252417
The only good thing about this is the blank banshee sample.
>>
>>69252437
"Dear god i fucking HATE pet sounds with a passion
>>
I appreciate posts like these, keep it up
>>
>>69252503
These posts appreciate u
>>
>>69252404
>Dear god I fucking HATE Pet Sounds with a passion. It isn't even a case of "it's an okay album that was overhyped until it was bad" or anything like that. It's a crock of cut and paste tryhard bullshit that skips right over experimental and into contrived and boring. The Beach Boys are garbage to begin with and Pet Sounds, much like a lot of their discography, is just a desperate attempt to conform to what they're told will sell. It's a desperate, garbage album and I'm tired of hearing about it.
>You're allowed to like it. It can be your favorite album and I really wouldn't care. But there is NO reason for it to be considered objectively one of the best albums of all time. It does NOT deserve to have its dick sucked left and right by /mu/tants and normies alike. It shouldn't even be so that everyone loves an album so much that a person such as myself who thought it was awful is driven to anger by even seeing it or hearing it mentioned because of how frustrating the whole situation is. It's only subjectively good and even that's debatable.
>Fuck Pet Sounds and fuck the Beach Boys.
>>
>tfw ate a hot dog but somehow some grease stayed on your fingers and when you went to adjust your glasses your greasy finger accidentally brushed the front of your right lens and now you might be incomplete for eternity
>>
>>69252404
It may be bait, I don't care, but I completely agree with this post.
>>
>>69252847
It's okay, a lot of people are retarded.
>>
>>69252873
>retarded for not liking an overrated pop band
>>
>>69252847
me too senpai
>>
I dislike Pet Sounds but like The Beach Boys' other canon albums. idk how
>>
File: image%3A13823.jpg (278KB, 793x571px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A13823.jpg
278KB, 793x571px
>>69252404
Hello, Mike.
>>
>>69252847
>>69252897
we understand anon.
You have the right to be retarded.
>>
It's fucking GOAT. It even has goats on the damn cover, you insolent fucktard.
>>
ya'll say its bait but its so mediocre on so many levels. Lyrics heavy handed, instruments meh, nothing but songs with no real flow, like an old beatles album
>>
>>69252873
Especially Brian Wilson.
>>
Pet Sounds is literally just the Beatles for faggots who think they're too cool for the Beatles.
>>
File: 1479005947176.jpg (55KB, 162x311px) Image search: [Google]
1479005947176.jpg
55KB, 162x311px
>tfw you witnessed pleb sounds somehow become mucore first hand
It was like two guys meming and samefagging that shit until newfriends thought they were serious.
At tops it's an okay antiquated pop album, but it's not the fucking gospel, and we should be better than sucking on the beach dong when we managed to refrain from the beatle dong.
>>
>>69252404
it's the ultimate normie album

shiny and happy on the outside and completely mentally fucked on in the inside
>>
>>69252818
this happens to me, but the i have to go and autisticly clean them until they are spotless, they immediatly get dirty again but i cant leave until they are clean
>>
>>69253499
hi newfriend
>>
>>69253519
reminder that normies more often than not have healthy mental, emotional, and spiritual lives, and that you're attempts to discount these are pretty transparent manifestations of Ressentiment
>>
>>69253622
>he bought the normie meme
>>
>>69252847
This really

Pathetic how any dissenting comment about this album is just dismissed as a troll
>>
>>69253336
>this is funny to your average Pet Sounds listener
Just die already
>>
>Wilson's symphonic arrangements wove elaborate layers of vocal harmonies, coupled with sound effects and unusual instruments such as bicycle bells, buzzing organs, harpsichords, flutes, Electro-Theremin, trains, Hawaiian-sounding string instruments, Coca-Cola cans, and barking dogs, along with the more usual keyboards and guitars.
>For Pet Sounds, Wilson's goal was to create "the greatest rock album ever made" — a personalized work with no filler tracks.
>Pet Sounds is regarded by musicologists as an early concept album that advanced the field of music production, introducing non-standard harmonies and timbres, and incorporating elements of pop, jazz, exotica, classical, and the avant-garde. A heralding work of psychedelic rock, the album signaled an aesthetic trend within rock by transforming it from dance music into music that was made for listening to, elevating itself to the level of art rock. Author Bill Martin said that within Pet Sounds, the Beach Boys "brought expansions in harmony, instrumentation (and therefore timbre), duration, rhythm, and the use of recording technology. Of these elements, the first and last were the most important in clearing a pathway toward the development of progressive rock."
every track has at least 12 people playing the weirdest combination of instruments, theremin with harpsichord, clarinets with prepared pianos, French horn with accordion, etc. and it's all filtered into one weird tone color. this is what cements it in the genre because there is no pop music that really *sounds* like this save for phil spector's songs, but they were often very simple in structure and still only used pianos, guitars, strings, and latin percussion.

the album can't be reduced to a collection of psychedelic quirks (like Sgt. Pepper), because there are no attempts at distortion and very little reliance on tape effects and simple overdubbing tricks
>>
>>69254204
Excellent post

>>69252404
Terrible post lacking an argument of any substance to back up their point
>>
>>69252417
there really aren't

you could make a case for Sunflower, Beach Boys Love You or The Smile Sessions, if you like, but that's only 3. Don't even come up that Surf's Up bullshit tho
>>
>>69253536
I've been here since before you were born, kid.
>>
>>69254204
>Wilson's goal was to create "the greatest rock album ever made"
Probably the worst rock album then, since it's not even rock.
>>
Yeah Pet Sounds is overrated. A good album that influenced a lot of bands/musicians in the mid 1960s but still overrated. Their cover of Sloop John B. is good though. Smile is a far superior album IMHO. (And even Smiley Smile is good)
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.