[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/gSb9RmPiDKw Did I get it right? Does anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_2016-11-24-01-25-36.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-24-01-25-36.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
https://youtu.be/gSb9RmPiDKw
Did I get it right? Does anyone on /mu/ even listen to harsh noise?
>>
>>69250655
death grips aren't noise music and neither is mbv. come on. horrorcore isn't horror film. stop making so many comparisons. i'm not sure this really answered anything
>>
>>69250655
literally none of the albums you called "noise" are actually noise

i'm curious if you actually know any harsh noise beyond a token merzbow album
>>
>>69250655
Immediately stopped watching when you said "regular noise music" and then had a collage of industrial hip-hop, shoegaze, and one actual noise album.
>>
>>69250713
>>69250841
>>69250877
The point was to explain the music to those who don't listen to the genre, so I couldn't use as extreme of examples. Also, death grips are considered noise rap and mbv are considered noise rock so technically they are noise.
>>
I find harsh noise somewhat relaxing because it's so monotone and not emotionally demanding (no lyrics to cause feels for example) but other harsh noise is like you said rather extreme and feels like delving into something forbidden or outside of culture but I don't get that vibe very often anymore. "Creepy" music isn't usually very creepy once you deconstruct it into its finer elements, once you've heard enough music static is just static, like if you say a word too many times in a row it starts to not sound like a word. It loses its associations and becomes just another musical element
>>
>>69250921
if your aim is to introduce people to the genre then you need to use examples from the genre. showing people death grips and mbv are going to completely warp their expectations when you whip out your favorite vomir tape
>>
>>69250921
>Technically they are noise
Well everything is just noise buddy. Plus taking elements from the music and putting fully under that category is a little ridiculous.
>>
>>69250921
>mbv are considered noise rock
Well first off that's not true.
But more importantly, even if they were, that doesn't make them noise. Noise is atonal music, not anything with distortion.
>>
>>69250921
who the fuck are you introducing to noise your channel doesnt even have 100 subscribers
>>
>>69251011
Same for me. Pulse Demon is honestly like the opposite of a horror movie - I know exactly what's coming next, and it almost feels comfy, in a fucked up kind of way
>>
I would say I don't understand why people enjoy HNW but I find drone very relaxing; I assume it's in the same vein
>>
>>69250655
fuck you
>>
Putting together a noise essentials chart. Can anyone recommend some albums with genres that happen to have "noise" in their name?
>>
>>69251154

Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished for the noise pop
>>
>>69251154
Needs yeezus desu
>>
>>69251154
whitehouse, apex twin, big black, the swans, velvet underground, bullet for my valentine, einsturzende neubauten
>>
oh man in the description it gives "good starter music for harsh noise" and it just gives pulse demon and a song by clipping
>>
>>69251154
Don't forget clppng
>>
File: noise_essentials.jpg (409KB, 1558x1600px) Image search: [Google]
noise_essentials.jpg
409KB, 1558x1600px
>>69251154
>>
WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS THERE A LITTLE DROP DOWN MENU THAT JUST LETS YOU DELETE MY VIDEOS WITHOUT EVEN ASKING IF IM SURE FUCK YOUTUBE
>>
File: munoiseessentials.jpg (457KB, 1680x1484px) Image search: [Google]
munoiseessentials.jpg
457KB, 1680x1484px
>>69251154
>>69250655
>>69251176
>>69251209
>>69251211
Finished up, thanks for the recs

>>69251489
:(
>>
>>69251567
Here's a new link:
https://youtu.be/qvjJd8TLmEA
Sucks that I lost all my views/like though, could you guys help a brother out?
>>
>>69251620
It's not done uploading, give it a sec
>>
>>69251620
>'I'm the only person who listens to noise'
>entry-level "noise" music
>video game footage

you shouldn't have reuploaded
>>
>>69251674
>Only one in my friend group who listens to the harsher/noisier stuff actually
>Purposefully entry-level because it's an explanatory video
>Alien Isolation is a great game
>>
>>69250655
Harsh noise is kind of cool for me in less of a "music" way and more of an abstract art way. This brings up a lot of controversy but whatever. Its enjoyable in the right context.
>>
>>69251703
it's not that the "noise" music you listed is entry level, it's that it's not noise music at all
>>
>>69250655
>No actual harsh noise
What next, you're gonns tell me Nine Inch Nails and KMFDM both make Industrial music?
>>
>>69251620
>starts off with stupid generic unfunny /mu/ meme made by a 14 year old who only heard of NOT LISTENED to pulse demon or any other merzbow album
>another unfunny facebook 4chan page tier meme
>retarded overposted chart that doesnt even make sense
>i will admit the meme with the guy blowing the trumpet on a penis is a bit funny
>unfunny meme
>3than
>unfunny meme
>chart that has 3 clipping albums, 2 death grips album, MBV (not noise btw), and 2 albums youve never heard of.
Can anyone else say, ReDDIT?
>have the video on mute because i dont want to witness the cancer that is OPs voice
>probably unfunny incoherent babbling from 19 year old reddit freshman
>le ebin stock photo guy who ses KILL ME xD
>video game footage = -__-
>a noise album thats actully noise and not slightly weird hip hop or merzbow
>more video game footage
>music is subjective (which is wrong btw)

bad video please delete
>>
>>69251903
Jesus I put less effort into my video than you did that rant
>>
>>69251903
>he's never heard of ryoji ikeda

but yeah, OP shouldn't have reuploaded this after deleting it the first time
>>
>>69251927
yeah, that's pretty obvious
>>
>>69251927
Evidently, that anon managed to better analyze how crap your video was than you did an entire genre based around toneless, grating feedback and clanging sounds.
>>
>>69251947
savage
>>
>>69250921
>>69250655
You couldn't be more of a tool if you tried.
>>
this tread could do with some derailing dubs
>>
>>69252021
do you wanna borrow mine?
>>
File: 66236346.jpg (28KB, 377x351px) Image search: [Google]
66236346.jpg
28KB, 377x351px
>>69252055
Impressive
>>
OP, your voice is like nails on chalkboard and your writing is almost as cringy and awful as your taste and attitude. I'm not sure what went wrong in your head that made you think this was actually something you should post and show other people. Please delete your channel and possibly go to a therapist or try to get laid to cure your rampant autism and social ineptitude.
>>
>>69252055
>>69252077
Nice
>>
>>69251567
Whoever recommended clipping. should drink bleach like the babby faggot they are.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.