[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the independent American music scene that produced gems like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (32KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 220x220px
>the independent American music scene that produced gems like strawberry jam and before today between the years 2006 - 2010 has been dead for almost 7 years

I want to go back. What happened to indie? Why did it vanish? Better yet what happened to pop and rock being successful as a whole? When will meme rap die
>>
00's pitchfork drones actually had good taste desu even if they were just parroting

I think MBDTF signaled the end of times. 2010 was the last year before vaporwave and ironic internet meme rap shit and mac demarco burger records trash
>>
>being nostalgic for the worst phases of Ariel Pink's and Animal Collective's careers
>not being nostalgic for the first half of the aughts and maybe into 2006 or 2007 where Animal Collective, Black Dice, Joanna Newsom, Ariel Pink, Liars, and Deerhoof were a vanguard of new experimental rock
>>
>>69239306
>before today is worse than scared famous and doldrums

lol you're so indeeeeeee do u like sufjan stevens and NMH xD
>>
As a brit I just want to go back to the garage rock/post punk revival.
tfw you will never go to an indie disco wearing skinny jeans and converse, listening to the arctic monkeys and the strokes while hitting on indie girls and drinking cheap lager.
>>
>>69239446
That's cringe. Both of those bands are plastic phony shit

And this is coming from an American of all people
>>
>>69239463
I know it's cringe and the bands are shit but it's comfy.
>>
>>69239463
Still sounds pleasant and fun
>>
>>69239156
>naught's rock was better

You know what this means:

we need George W. Bush to be president again
>>
generation gap. all the people with talent stopped making guitar music
>>
My bandmates showed me lil dicky because they thought he was funny

How do I make the case that that kind of music devalues music in a normal way and not in an elitist autistic buzzkill way? Every time I hear shit like that I want to fucking kill myself.
>>
>>69240719
and the sard part is it's probably unironically better than anything your band makes. that's why you have no fans and complain about musical value online.
>>
If you think about it, the internet became a new passtime for people.

It was very accessible and since the rise of mobile internet has allowed people to become preoccupied with a whole new class of hobby and all of the sub-interests that it brings.

In effect, the sort of reclusive personality that would seek refuge in learning musical instruments now chooses the internet instead and so we have a huge erosion of prospective musicians.

Not only this, but a look at genre shows a definite slowdown in genre innovation. We've effectively reached an extreme asymptote where any innovation is filling in the gaps of existing music.

Of course the problem is that all your favourite bands die, so we end up in the situation where there will simply be less bands and nobody will be able to write new songs because copyright will protect the old ones.

There's only so many rock riffs and a lot of them have already been recorded.

The other aspect is of course the conglomeration of the record companies. A large and varied number of independent record companies have been acquired of time and turned into the Big Three. As they control choice in the mainstream media, they shift product that is likely to serve the broadest and most homogenous customer base (women), so most of the charting music today appeals to women and nu-beta cucks who have no taste.

The rest of us take refuge on the internet and because you're a bunch of pirating freeloading faggots who don't respect the value of people's work, the financial incentive to produce work of a sufficiently high quality has dropped out.

So it's a whole confluence of factors.
>>
>>69240822
Nothing about ironic music is ironically better than anything unironically you fucking faggot
>>
>>69241057
mate your band sucks. that's why nobody listens to it yet this lil dicky guy has 60 million views on youtube. sorry to be the bearer of bad news. you and your faggot friends 'band' where you sit around and bitterly attack more successful musicians is just proof you don't have the spark and should find another hobby.
>>
>>69241090
Oh shit I actually thought you were serious at first, sorry shouldn't of called you a faggot
>>
>>69240859
Good comment. It's exactly what i think. And it's only getting worse.
>>
>>69239446
that kind of faggotry is alive and well in London

also mature themes>before today
>>
happy gilmore
>>
>>69239187
mac demarco is the only half decent remnant of it you fucking pleb
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.