[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this band/album? I listened to it yesterday and wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: MI0000217307.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MI0000217307.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
Thoughts on this band/album? I listened to it yesterday and wasn't that impressed
>>
All of their albums are pretty lackluster.

It's like they have a good base of what to do, but don't know how to execute it well or expand upon it.
>>
>>69213855
ur an idiot, its great
>>
>>69213855
I'm listening to it. I don't know, the songs are alright, but there is no edge, it's like I'm listening to some ELO album. And this is coming from someone whose favorite album is Pet Sound.
>>
Never understood why they're so revered
>>
i get to track 5 and it starts to sound like a teen movie
>>
If you don't like this album, it just means you don't like neo-psychedelia. Nothing wrong with that, but just know that this is the pinnacle of the genre.
>>
>>69215747
this.
I wouldn't say it's the pinnacle of Neo-psych, but it's one of the best for sure
>>
pretty ((((ok))))
>>
it's so meh
>>
Clouds Taste Metallic is better.
>>
Anyone seen the flips live? So many people cry at their shows, its pretty cute
>>
>>69215747
>>69215878
Is there a neo-psych chart or some recs? I like Yoshimi and Soft Bulletin, but I feel like they're so close to being something fantastic
>>
>>69216341
https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Neo%2dPsychedelia&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=

This is a good starting point.
>>
>>69213855
it's the best pop album of all time bar pet sounds
>>
>>69215942
you meant to say "cringey"?
>>
>>69214957
>It's like they have a good base of what to do, but don't know how to execute it well or expand upon it.
this isn't well articulated criticism and I hope you know that
>>
>>69215090
exactly this
>>
>>69213855
It's because you only listened to it once.
Trust me, this is how everyone starts listening to TSB. Other albums too. People just get hooked on the first track and neglect the rest. Even I did it. Listen to it some more times though. You'll end up being astonished like others and myself have. I doubt the first track will be your favorite track anymore. Trust me, this is my favorite album of all time.
>>
>>69215747
I like AnCo and Tame Impala
I hate Flaming Lips
fight me faggot
>>
>>69217241
watch out m8, i'm coming to fuck your shit up
>>
>>69216341
>Is there a neo-psych chart
this isn't a popular style on this board kiddo
>>
>>69217354

It used to be.
>>
You fags have no taste anyway.
You willingly listen to K-pop. Whether or not it's a masturbation thing is irrelevant. You're a collective laughingstock.
>>
>>69217354
>AnCo's MPP considered /mu/core and constantly talked about
>neo-psych isn't popular on this board

Suuureee.....
>>
it took me like 4 months to really like it, it's now one of my all-time favorites
>>
>>69217215
>>69217723

Okay, I'll believe you. But if it keeps being shit, I swear to god I'll kill you two faggots.
>>
>>69217754
You should work on your anger issues.
>>
Tried listening to it multiple times.

The problem with the songs is that they go nowhere. They seem to last forever and are just flaunting their "dense productions" as if they are the inheritors of Pet Sounds. As is, it's a pretty boring album.

Yoshimi by The Flaming Lips is a bit better and I like that one.
>>
>>69214957
Listen to their tood albums, it's that simple
>>
Neopsych top 5
>Vision Creation Newsun
>Yerself Is Steam
>Spirit They've Vanished
>Zaireeka (or OH MY GAWD!!!)
>Black Foliage

What do you think?
>>
>>69217241
Flaming Lips are far superior to AnCo and Tame Impala
>>
>>69218101
Yoshimi is probably their worst album
>>
>>69218195
Zaireeka is one of their absolute worst albums. Oh my gawd!!! is a much better choice along with Embryonic and The Soft Bulletin
>>
>>69218101
They go nowhere?
What do you call the multi-layered climaxes of What Is The Light, The Gash and Feeling Yourself Disintegrate then?
>>
>>69218253
This. This album is a visual masterpiece and the Spark that Bled + Feeling Yourself Disintegrate are some of the best neo psych songs ever made
>>
>>69218101
Yoshimi is nowhere near TSB.
Also, everyone including Scaruffi had admitted Soft Bulletin was a game changer for Orchestral Pop.
>>
>>69217241
Heck I'm gonna put this objective shit right here:

Best Albums from these groups:

Lonerism: 8.9/10
Currents: 8.5/10
Soft Bulletin: 10/10
Yoshimi: 8.5
Embryonic: 9.3/10
Feels: 9.0/10
Strawberry Jam: 10/10
MPP: 9.5/10
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.