[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just saw Roger Hodgson and he was great. This made me wonder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: cover_364111852016_r.jpg (104KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover_364111852016_r.jpg
104KB, 1000x1000px
I just saw Roger Hodgson and he was great. This made me wonder what /mu/ thinks of Supertramp. I think pic related should be /mu/core, but I don't ever see it discussed here.
>>
https://youtu.be/HAjYoe63MSA
GOAT
>>
TAKE A LOOK AT MY GIRLFRIEND
>>
Crime of the century is a fucking amazing album. Even in the quietest moments is also very good because of the title track and B side. Dont think ive ever seen /mu/ hate on Supertramp before. Good taste senpai
>>
>>69212268
You're forgetting Fool's Overture in your top tracks off Even in the Quietest Moments!
>>
>>69212268
>>69212301
I just realized Fool's Overture is on the B side my bad.
>>
They're pretty fucking cool.

I'd like to think everyone just accepts that Supertramp is good and that's why they don't get discussed - it's just "Are they good?" and "Yep."
>>
>>69212316
Could never forget about fools overture my man, sorry for not making it clear enough in my original post. Youre absolutely right it is the best track.
>>
I listened to Breakfast in America for the first time yesterday, pretty fun album. Haven't heard that one yet.
>>
>>69213227
Breakfast in America is great, but Crime of the Century is better. If you enjoyed Breakfast in America you should definitely listen to Crime of the Century.
>>
I got to meet Roger a few years ago, great guy, I still can't believe how good is voice is over forty years later
>>
File: Christgau.jpg (4KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
Christgau.jpg
4KB, 276x183px
Crime of the Century [A&M, 1974]

The claim that this is the rock and roll of the future depresses me in spite of the amalgamation being a (moderately) smart one, and "Bloody Well Right" does display a gift for the killer hook. Now if only the song weren't an impassioned plea for complacency. Maybe if we close our eyes and ignore them, they'll go away. B-

Even in the Quietest Moments . . . [A&M, 1977]

Most "progressive" rock is pretentious background schlock that's all too hard to ignore. This is modest background schlock that sounds good when it slips into the ear. I guess we should thank "Babaji," whichever one he is. C+

Breakfast In America [A&M, 1979]

I enjoy a hooky album as much as the next person, so when this elicited vague grunts of pleasure, I looked forward to listening in depth. But the lyrics turned out to be glib variations on the usual "Star Romances" trash, and in the absence of a vocal personality (as opposed to accurate singing) or rhythmic thrust (as opposed to a beat), I'll wait for this material to be covered by artists of substance, say Tavaris or the Doobie Brothers. C+
>>
File: Squidward_Design_2.jpg (29KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Squidward_Design_2.jpg
29KB, 512x384px
>>69215111
It's not like they ever did anything vocally demanding anyway. I mean, these guys aren't Bruce Dickinson.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.