[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's up for an Autechre listenalong at xx:10? poll de

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: sean_bean.jpg (38KB, 480x388px) Image search: [Google]
sean_bean.jpg
38KB, 480x388px
Who's up for an Autechre listenalong at xx:10?

poll decides which album we listen to.
http://www.strawpoll.me/11705431
>>
i kinda want elseq desu
>>
File: GOWPWZE.jpg (34KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
GOWPWZE.jpg
34KB, 221x246px
>>
>this poll
lol
>>
Quaristice leading with a whopping 2 votes
>>
>>69205061
an unexpected turn of events
>>
File: UtAAsWq.jpg (6KB, 212x200px) Image search: [Google]
UtAAsWq.jpg
6KB, 212x200px
>tfw elseq is a real possibility
>>
>>69205100
an unexpected turn
>>
Let's extend the voting period and start at 00:15 lads
>>
I think it's safe to say it's going to be Elseq.
Starting with feed1 at 00:15.
>>
who /here/?
>>
File: 1462735777393.jpg (136KB, 398x371px) Image search: [Google]
1462735777393.jpg
136KB, 398x371px
>>
is this song the logical conclusion of music?
>>
>>69205305
pls respond
>>
>>69205479
what song are you at/time in track
>>
>>69205516
c16 deep tread
2:25 in
>>
the first time I listened to feed1 (during the weird radio stream) I was watching a wildlife documentary in assorted African jungles and now the corrosive bass is forever associated with the primal flora and rivers of the Congo or wherever the film was documented

one of my better associations
>>
>>69205555
i love when associations like that happen
>>
the textures and layers on this song are amazing
i find they go easily unnoticed since the groove is kicked back and somewhat repetitive
>>
Does anyone else remember the college radio broadcast of deep tread? They completely confused everyone fumbling to play the track at the right time, neglecting entirely to announce the thing. I thought the obscure 2 8 1 4 song was the new ae release and was really interested in the new direction, and when c16 finished playing everyone still thought the 2 8 1 4 dub techno was the ae track. No one could identify either so it was anyone's guess as to which one it was
>>
>>69205631
I missed that broadcast. did they stream the full album or what?
>>
the last 3 minutes of deep tread are good as fuck
>>
a minute in 13x0 step
one of the more Exai-esque tracks on this
>>
>>69205656
nah Warp was tweeting obscure artwork (before we knew it was attached to elseq) and just posting like "Autechre. xx:xx" and then a link to a radio station. The station would then play a new track from the album (IIRC only feed1 and c16 were broadcast), but it was a very confusing way to promote the new album(s). the independent station completely floundered the promotion
>>
>>69205728
irlite (get 0) vibes all over this track
>>
it's so hard to describe what I want to describe

but that little quick recurring melody heard prominently at the beginning is so great amid the icy stabs high pitched synth
>>
kinda overlooked this song before
it's good but it really drags towards the end
it could've been 2-3 minutes shorter
>>
>>69205860
Autechre is one of those rare artists that I can seldom describe
say Aphex or BoC, they're usually pretty straightforward in terms of mood/ambiance (not saying they are not complex)
Autechre is so mechanical, but at the same time most tracks convey meaning and emotion that I cannot explain
>>
moda starts out straight up goofy with those warbly synths but once the percussion hits it's 100% serious business
>>
i'm not going to make it through this whole album tonight btw, but I'll hopefully make it through elseq 2
>>
>>69205899
oh yes
the part around 2:20 is goat
>>
for those who might want to join in, we are 6:35 through pendulum
>>
i like the progression on this track
>>
Around 9:00 gets pretty freaky/spooky
>>
>>69206047
agreed, it sounds like some sort of alien communication
reminds me of the heptapods in arrival
>>
this track is slightly annoying
>>
0nset is so demanding to listen to it's exhausting
>>
>>69206245
i imagine this is the sort of stuff they played on repeat in abu ghraib
>>
>>69206259
Do we even like ae, those pretentious nerds
>>
>38 replies
>3 posters
Autechre BTFO
>>
This track is like calculus incarnate. I can see the integrals as a green matrix in my periphery
>>
It's about time to shift into higher gears, I'm ready to get sinuous. Let's move in anfractuous rhythms everyone.
>>
this part triggers me immensely
>>
>>69206493
Put on your black cloaks everyone, get your finest middle Eastern twine out as well
>>
Like if fish oil could be orated
>>
Find your nearest crevice or ditch and always keep your hands along the nape to protect your vital structures
>>
Must have forgotten my daily prayer
>>
Rings like an esoteric warning to my very own psyche
>>
c7b2 is still intense in a murderous way
>>
>>69205899
I like to think of it as their take on tabla.
>>
Hearing all this makes me kinda miss the less experimental Autechre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UppsLKz1iD4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1bTis9ee3U
>>
File: ep.ae.png (58KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
ep.ae.png
58KB, 1440x900px
>>69204850
All right, fess up.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.