[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you sit down and write a song that's longer than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1479425670246.jpg (74KB, 435x522px) Image search: [Google]
1479425670246.jpg
74KB, 435x522px
how do you sit down and write a song that's longer than 4 bars? it hurts so much to think about melodys and tracks working together jesus.
>>
What kind of music are you writing b-hole
>>
>>69201363
orchestral VGM stuff like DaS FFXIII and SoTC

https://youtu.be/5jqdwkt3gDU?list=PL9F89F3911A77A115

https://youtu.be/bKmZ7Uw76qI

https://youtu.be/ffnrRUBoUG4
>>
>>69201447
Oh yeah I make real music. Why don't you be normal and play guitar or drums or something.
>>
>>69201476
i do. they don't fill the role i need for the tracks though.

i use berlin orchestral strings with cinebrass in virtual soundstage/altiverb but i still struggle getting stuff out that articulates well. i use a white grand mkII or Nord Piano. i also have a u-he diva synth that's buggy now because i wanted the volta skin, and i'm currently getting the scarbee prebass vst.
>>
>>69201316
I that feel, I write epic melodic death style music with lots of acoustic/clean interludes and orchestral strings. Bridging the heavy metal parts with the clean parts is really difficult for me. I can easily think of and write cool heavy riffs and melodies, but connecting all the different parts is really hard.
>>
Songs are more repetitive than you think
>>
If you're getting bogged down in theory it can be really stifling

I used to do that a lot, but I find the best way around it is to just scratch out a bare bones layout and then just fuck about until I find something I like

don't get too caught up in meticulous construction
>>
>>69201632
do you mean just write without really worrying about the chemistry of the chords and scales?
>>
>>69201316
>someone reposted my crappy OC
Noice
>>
if you have a bunch of unfinished 4 bar tracks, try putting them together by changing the harmony of one 4 bar track to fit another 4 bar track

there is no one "correct" harmony for your melody, different chord can make it feel tense or stable

instead of thinking "how the fuck do i modulate to this or that key" think about how a quality of chord (diminished, augmented etc) influences the movement of your melody
>>
>>69201316

amphetamines f a m
>>
>>69201531
equipment wont make you a great composer, practice will.
there is no magic that will suddenly make it easier.
practice.
focus on what youre not doing right, try different approaches, practice more.
once you feel that you are at a point where you can express yourself, without being limited by the equipment youre using, then you just need something to say.
if you dont have anything to say.
practice finding things to say.
>>
>>69201946
so should i just practice with whatever basic midi instrument i have in writing harmonies? what do i do if i want to make myself sound similar to something else? is this bad form? i like stuff such as businessfunk, kirby 64, and the orchestral materiral i showed you now. i can't find a middle ground.
>>
>>69201975
once you have completed basic midi track you can think of how to arrange it the way you want
>>
>>69201316
I tend to think about how my future is entirely based off what other people think of my work, panic, lie down, cry, post a track, repeat.

https://soundcloud.com/gould-music/hold-on
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.