[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Kanye lumped in with Kendrick Lamar? Why do people assume

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 0214-kanye-west-debt-tmz-7.jpg (75KB, 718x559px) Image search: [Google]
0214-kanye-west-debt-tmz-7.jpg
75KB, 718x559px
Why is Kanye lumped in with Kendrick Lamar? Why do people assume that if you like one you'll like the other? They're nothing alike.
>>
>>69184874
>Why do people assume that if you like one you'll like the other?
Because their both pushed by the music industry, and generally speaking the type of people like Kanye or Kendrick just like whatever they're told to like
>>
>>69184914
>the type of people like Kanye or Kendrick just like whatever they're told to like
How could someone just be like that? Completely unconscious. I love Kanye, but I dislike Kendrick, Common, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Lupe Fiasco, and everyone else people associate with him, their music isn't similar to his.
>>
>>69185003
I didn't know anyone could dislike the artists you listed, but then again I grew up with them
>>
>>69184874
they are both black
>>
>>69185219
I didn't grow up with them and they don't make the type of music I like, the closest rappers to Kanye I've found are pre-gospel Chance, Dark Sky Paradise Big Sean, and Gambino (who's garbage).
>>
>>69184874
They're the kings of mainstream hip hop. If you listen to mainstream hip hop then you definitely like one or both.
>>
Kendrick Lamar is literally a reaction against rap becoming mainstream ie acceptable to whites under artists such as Kanye and Nicki. Kendrick's just a nigger.
>>
>>69186723
I think you're a nigger
>>
File: 1440526561142.jpg (114KB, 400x371px) Image search: [Google]
1440526561142.jpg
114KB, 400x371px
>>69186723
>>
>>69186811
>>69186828
"The blacker the berry the sweeter the juice?" The implicit meaning's obvious.
>>
>>69186859
Blackberries aren't even black they're more of a purple lmao
>>
>>69186716
but I don't.
>>
kanye raised the bar for mainstream hip hop production
kendrick raised the bar for mainstream hip hop lyricism
>>
>>69186716
mainstream hip hop is trap rap nigger shit.
>>
>>69187504
Kendrick isn't lyrical.
>>
>>69185003
people aren't actually like that. people just like the music they like.
>>
>>69186859
yes of course he makes pro black music but saying "kendrick's just a nigger" is what you're being called out for here obviously
>>
>>69188130
This is like post-b8
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.