[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not the only 20-something here who unironically liked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1457566799022.png (357KB, 397x380px) Image search: [Google]
1457566799022.png
357KB, 397x380px
I'm not the only 20-something here who unironically liked edgy angsty-rock anthems from the late 90s - mid 2000s and still has fond memories of them right? The sound typified by bands such as Linkin Park, Papa Roach, & Evanescence. I've noticed that those bands are nowadays treated with some disdain for being over-dramatic and i just wanna see how much of /mu/ still listens to them.
>>
>>69184188
I miss the days in middleschool when I would listen to MCR and wallow in self-loathing to songs like I'm Not Okay. Fake hating my life was so much better than actually hating my life.
>>
>>69184188
Unironically liked and still liking, my dude.
I think the problem mostly stems from the 12 year olds who are associated with the genre, the same reason people hate mainstream music in general.
[spoiler] that's not to say that mainstream isn't bad, but honestly everything is bad[/spoiler]
>>
>>69184256
>Fake hating my life was so much better than actually hating my life.

EXACTLY! Loved how Linkin Park songs helped intensify my fake existential angst sesssions
>>
>>69184337
Now instead of actively finding ways to hate my life I just surf the web to take my mind off of it.
>>
>>69184188
They became the target of ridicule the moment people began to identify them with melodramatic and attention-thirsty teenagers pretending to be depressed.... sad because pretending to be depressed was half the fun of listening to angst-rock.
>>69184256
>>69184337
glad i wasn't the only one
>>
>>69184382
>>69184370
>>69184337
>>69184330
>>69184256
>>69184188
Speaking of being really edgy kids, can someone recommend me music that goth (not emo) kids would listen to in the 2000's? I want to feel like that again.
>>
>>69184422
............Nu Metal?
>>
>>69184497
Goth kids didn't listen to nu metal. They listened to faggy teenagers acting depressed. Numetal is for trench coat kids who think they're tough guys.
>>
I have a couple Evanescence songs downloaded.
>>
>>69184532
>Numetal is for trench coat kids who think they're tough guys
Th-That hit a little too close to home, anon...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.