[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To y'all who are into Aphex Twins. What do you like about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: aphex-twin-logo.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
aphex-twin-logo.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
To y'all who are into Aphex Twins. What do you like about the music? I am trying to get into it but don't really get the point. What makes him so great?
>>
File: aphex twin.jpg (13KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
aphex twin.jpg
13KB, 220x220px
>>69180802
there's not much to get, it's just good. the driving ambiance with his earlier stuff is pretty, and he's creative with drums too.

there's a huge variety with his career, his discography is pretty intimidating. i'm sure you'll find something you like from him
>>
>>69180852

i really liked the song Ageispolis, where do I go from here?
>>
>>69180802
It's Aphex Twin. I like the lush atmospheres and vibes I get from his tracks.

Listen to these

>Xtal
>Heliosphan
>Alberto Balsalm
>4
>Crying In Your Face
>Rushup I Bank 12
>>
Both ambient works albums helped cure my insomnia.Will love him forever for that.
>>
>>69180802
I don't know what makes me love his music so much, I just love it. It's complex, pretty and crazy at the same time.
>>
>>69180879
I would try some of his earlier stuff, under the names of AFX and Polygon Window.
Try the album Surfing on Sine Waves, it's from the same time period as SAW 1. Syro is came out much later but is similar to SAW 1. I can't guarantee it will sound exactly like Ageispolis, but albums like surfing and syro are probably the closest thing you'll get to SAW 1 because he moved towards a more drill and bass style later in his career.
>>
>>69180879

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_D._James_discography

https://www.discogs.com/artist/45-Aphex-Twin
>>
>>69180879
>14 Cornish Spreek 5b (Soundcloud Material)
>Goon Gumpas (Richard D. James Album)
>Cuckoo (Analogue Bubblebath 4)
>Flim (Come to Daddy)
>Hexagon (Selected Ambient Works Volume II)
>Acrid Avid Jam Shred (...I Care Because You Do)
>Analogue Bubblebath 1 (Classics)
>Donkey Rhubarb (Donkey Rhubarb)
>CIRKLON3 (Kolkhoznaya Mix)

listen to his records and find your favourites
>>
File: dream_e380e636f3.jpg (140KB, 693x520px) Image search: [Google]
dream_e380e636f3.jpg
140KB, 693x520px
>>69180802
Aphex Twin triggers my synesthesia like no other musician. This is very difficult to explain with words, but hearing Aphex Twin makes me see touch weird, hugely vast spaces where "fluids" of light merge and react.

Some examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmOaO_1XtHk
(I'll post the slowed down version because I somehow think it would be easier for someone to relate, I don't know). In here the main synth line are somehow inflating and deflating for me, and with some effort I can somehow transfer the sounds into my muscles and then my muscles twitch with the music. This sounds ridiculous, I know, but it gives me intense pleasure. The ambient melody just makes everything more beautiful. People thak listen to RDJ are weird and I have never met someone in real that does, and online everyone seems to have different reasons.
>>
>>69181166
Some other synesthesia inducing tracks:

Pitcard
Ziggomatic (most of druqks)
s950
Equation is loaded

I love this man
>>
>>69181262
it's sort of cliche but when the drums first come in on windowlicker it makes me orgasm inside a lil bit
>>
>>69181368

>windowlicker

he owns his/the game, i love it arround the programmed drumming set up
>>
>>69181368
dat outro doe, fuckin bangin
>>
>>69180802
I think it isn't really explainable, but I'll try:
-I found his music at a time when I began exploring different music and art in general (I was 14), so his music somehow holds a personal significance of symbolizing a whole new world
-both RDJ and his music seem extremely sincere, there is no pseudointellectualism going on, no bullshiting, he just makes music out of some inner necessity
>>
>>69180879
Fuck i never knew this is were Die Antwoord sampled ugly buy from
>>
>>69180879
thanks for asking this.
i also loved this track.

but the rest, still can't get into it
>>
>>69180802
i like to listen to some of his songs when im sleeping. try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qoIosUdmHM
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.