[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "overproduced" just a word you can throw at well-made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Is "overproduced" just a word you can throw at well-made music you don't like?
>>
>>69156121
No
If it sounds 'over the top' or campishly extravagent then its overproduced
>>
>>69156121
I hope my nigga Gary's relaxing now. Chilling out, riding his bike. He was looking rough towards the end.
>>
>>69156154
>campishly extravagant

perfect description
>>
No. I think the majority of Prince's work is overproduced (especially for someone with such a massive output), but I don't actually dislike him.
>>
no. listen to Be Here Now.
>>
>>69156121
No, compare the production on early Green Day and Blink-182 to that of their latest albums. Doesn't help that the music on them is shit also but it's also very apparent that squeaky clean production doesn't compliment the style at all
>>
>>69156121
Based Gary
>Out of your womb, out of your room, out of your wallet
RIP
>>
a-aleppo?
>>
File: BACK THE FUCK OFF???!!.png (405KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
BACK THE FUCK OFF???!!.png
405KB, 960x540px
>>69157947
VERY FUNNY
>>
>>69157883
Exactly. It's overproduced because it's misproduced. A lot of "not-clean" sounding songs actually take a ton of production effort.

Their producers and mixers are just shitty, even if they have technical skills.
>>
>>69157692
I feel most of his work is underproduced to today's standards, can I ask what you mean and if you have examples?
My own concept of overproduced is when everything sounds super clean and lifeless with any style (most styles) that doesn't match that production.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.