[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"We write pop songs ... there was no intention of it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: thom_yorke_596396.jpg (17KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
thom_yorke_596396.jpg
17KB, 330x330px
>"We write pop songs ... there was no intention of it being 'art'. It's a reflection of all the disparate things we were listening to when we recorded it."

/mu/ BTFO
>>
>"We could never make a record on par with Metal Box, let alone Flowers of Romance."

https://citizeninsane.eu/s2001-07TheWire.htm
>>
File: aphex-twin-electronic-beats.jpg (101KB, 1000x849px) Image search: [Google]
aphex-twin-electronic-beats.jpg
101KB, 1000x849px
>Interviewer:Your music has been hugely influential. One of the more prominent musicians who’ve said that they’ve been inspired by your records are Radiohead? Did you listen to any of their last two album "Kid A" and "Amnesiac“?

>Richard: I don’t like them. I heard maybe five or six tracks and I thought they sounded really really cheesy.

>Interviewer: Cheesy?

>Richard: Yeah, really obvious and cheesy. I mean I’m just comparing it to my favourite music and I think it’s terrible compared to that. But compared to all the shit boring R&B tracks it’s probably alright. Compared to those teen punk sort of bands or whatever they are supposed to be called, who think that they are really anarchic and stuff like that, they are probably amazing. If you’re only exposed to that kind of stuff and then Radiohead come along you will probably think that they are geniuses.
>>
>>69139097
Richard operates on a different level.
>>
>>69139097
As much as I enjoy the musical explorations of the James Twins, Richard is a special kind of self-centered and removed.
He's not really wrong, though.
>>
art requires intent
ergo they have never created art
ipso facto you are intentionally funneling a product into yr ears
top kek
imagine tricking yrself into listening to Kid A with a sense awe and admiration
>>
>>69139097
what does rdj listen to?
>>
Radiohead > your favorite band
>>
>>69139097
told ya Radiohead sucks dick
>>
>>69139229
Real good shit
>>
>>69139229
Squarepusher
>>
>>69139097
autism
>>
>>69139199
/thread/
Thom BTFO
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.