[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite underrated Beach Boys album? I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

What's your favorite underrated Beach Boys album? I think all of these are great. All of them have fantastic covers too.
>>
File: lightalbum.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lightalbum.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
This'un.
>>
File: Brian Wilson Album.jpg (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Brian Wilson Album.jpg
79KB, 500x500px
>>69136168
All of them are great, as is 20/20. The narrative says they were great on Pet Sounds, scrapped Smile and never got it together again, but they were consistently good until they released 15 Big Ones. I think this is really underrated personally.
>>
File: Front.jpg (126KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
126KB, 600x600px
Their best album
>>
>>69136276
It's not really underrated anymore. The 3 in the OP are more overlooked despite being great.
>>
>>69136276
No. Fuck off with this retarded meme
>>
>>69136322
>anything I disagree with is a meme
Kill yourself
>>
>>69136256
This so much
>there was Pet Sounds
>then Brian wanted to make Smile
>he lost his mind and went to bed for 3 years
Beach Boys casuals everyone.
They ignore the fact Brian was pretty happy and stable in late 60's and said Friends is his favorite album.
>>
Holland and Love You are pretty good
>>
The second half of Today! was as good as The Beach Boys got.
>>
Wild Honey is awesome and very soulful. Final track "Mama Says" echoes "Vegetables" in its paternal urges to look after our health, while being uber melodic and lovely.
>>
File: Love You.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Love You.png
1MB, 800x800px
I really like this one

I Bet He's Nice is great
>>
>>69136367
That's a popular opinion but I always loved first side of Today. It's got energetic songs that are fun and well arranged too.
>>
>>69136410
I've never got the love for this one. It's alright, certainly better than 15 Big Ones or any album they did after it, but it just seemed decent to good for me. Can anyone explain what I'm missing with it?
>>
>>69136168

I love Smiley Smile

but yeah Smiley Smile and Wild Honey covers are god tier, Friends is great tier
>>
>>69137386
We have also Holland, Smile, Love You and Surf's Up covers. Is there a band that has more great album covers?
>>
>>69136168
Wild Honey and Love You are straight up 10s for me.

Country Air and Mona are two of the best songs they ever made.
>>
>>69137668

I have a soft spot for Led Zeppelin's covers and most of Pink Floyd's... except for Meddle. But yeah Beach Boys had great covers I even liked some of their earlier ones such as Summer Days
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.