[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haters gonna hate, but Justin created one of the most powerful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: bon iver.jpg (53KB, 595x397px) Image search: [Google]
bon iver.jpg
53KB, 595x397px
Haters gonna hate, but Justin created one of the most powerful albums' trilogies since the 70's
>>
>>69131049
It's a band.
>>
>>69131063
A one man band dummy
>>
>>69131049
22, A Million is the only thing he's made that doesn't put me to sleep halfway through
>>
Tried listening to his new album, but it literally sounds like radio pop/RnB/hip-hop.
>>
>>69131049

Does anyone else find it pretentious that you're "supposed to" pronounce it as "Bohn Eever"?
>>
>>69131049
nu male cuck shit
>>
The difference is artists in the 70s churned out masterpieces every year, or even in the same year
>>
>>69131136
name one
>>
>>69131123
Well it's derived from "bon hiver" which is French for good winter. He made For Emma while cooped up in his cabin during one winter, hence the name
>>
>>69131152
Gong
>>
>>69131049
Whats the trilogy? How are these albums in anyway connected?
>>
>>69131049
>haters

Get out
>>
>>69131122
this
I used to like bon over but last album is awful
>>
>>69131049
They're all 10s for me. How does he keep doing it?
>>
His first two albums were run of the mill indie folk, just because he started experimenting with his sound and made an interesting album doesn't make it a great trilogy

I will say I am looking forward to Vernon's next project though, hopefully he keeps playing around with his sound
>>
>>69131233

Are you serious?

How does winter, spring and fall connect?
>>
>haters gonna hate

Whyyyyyy
>>
Not a single song which isn't beautiful, impactful and unique in its world-creation ability
>>
>>69132312

I agree that one of the most impressive thing about their albums is the complete lack of fillers
>>
File: george lucas.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
george lucas.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
Justin Vernon is the George Lucas of music.

He started off doing some interesting if flawed work that showed a lot of promise, but then surrounded himself with yes men who treat him as some kind of genius. This meant he just got more and more ambitious with his projects without addressing any of the fundamental problems with his music like the bad mixing or incomplete song structures. These problems present themselves more and more through his career as he focuses on atmosphere and texture over songwriting.

It's really frustrating because I know he still has the capacity to write great music, he just needs someone to tell him when he does something stupid.
>>
>>69132383

More like Steven Spielberg
>>
I watched him for 13 days and locked him in his
outhouse
>>
>>69131123
Justin himself has pronounced it "Bawn Eye-verr" in interviews. I think only the hardcore fans really care
>>
It might be over soon
>>
Only the middle one is great. The first one is pretty good and the last one was shit.
>>
>>69131152
(Not him) Low and "Heroes" by David Bowie were both released in '77.
>>
>>69134212

>Strafford 29
>666t
>33 GOD
>creeks
>8 circle

>shit
>>
>>69134526

The rest is literally fillers
>>
>>69131122
no it doesn't
>>
>>69131152
Not in the 70s but Dylan's electric trilogy was made in a time span of 18 months.
>>
>>69131136
So did a few artists in the 2000s, soooo
>>
>>69131049
>Swordfishtrombones
>Rain Dogs
>Frank's Wild Years

>The Bends
>Ok Computer
>Kid A

>Summerteeth
>Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
>A Ghost is Born

>Clouds Taste Metallic
>Zaireeka
>The Soft Bulletin
>>
>>69136329

You have seriously shit taste
>>
>>69136541
Quote me where I said I liked those albums.
>>
Bon Iver is a shit
>>
>>69136555

You said that the Wilco albums are more powerful than Bon Iver's trilogy. This is shit taste
>>
>>69136541
kys
>>
>>69136673
Didn't answer my question. Try again?
>>
>>69136673
Bon Iver more like Boring Ver
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.