[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name one example of "good obscure music" being lost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1453805750263.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
1453805750263.png
260KB, 563x542px
Name one example of "good obscure music" being lost forever with the death of what.cd. Prove to me that this was "a digital Library of Alexandria" and not just a haven for poorfags with autism.
>>
nice try but you'll never get my good obscure post-punk you silly rabbit
>>
>>69125229

If it's so good, then shouldn't you want it to inspire people to make more good music?

You, my friend, are a hare that is ridiculous.
>>
what.cd pretty much only had surface level normie shit

When I would look for hard to find classical or jazz recordings I'd have much better luck on slsk and rutracker
>>
File: dagh.jpg (33KB, 652x603px) Image search: [Google]
dagh.jpg
33KB, 652x603px
>>69125203
ok dumb question but what is what.cd

dead serious
>>
>>69125957
>dead serious

so is what.cd
>>
>>69125354
why are classicsal/jazz fans ALWAYS so fucking pretentious?
>>
what's what.cd?
>>
>>69125976
where they file sharing
>>
>>69125354
classical and jazz discographies are set up in completely different ways from other discographies (and from each other). if you restrict only to studio albums i never once searched for something on what that I couldn't find
>>
>>69125957
private tracking for file sharing

MEMBERS ONLY
>>
>>69126940
What's private tracking? I gather it was not easy to become a member, what was that process like?
>>
There were a lot of microtonal music, and japanese noise stuff, and various ambient and experimental things.Its not that it would be permanently lost, it is just that the rarity has increased.
>>
>>69126984
you know how torrenting something uses public trackers from anyone? what.cd only used trackers from members of the site and to be a member you had to pass the trials and be invited.
>>
>>69125203
Nothing has been "lost forever"; dead torrents were actively pruned and every active torrent on what.cd exists on some harddrive or server somewhere
The means to access it all and the community behind it is what has been lost
>>
>>69125993
They tend to over compensate for lack of achievements and a tiny prick by pretending to be superior.
>>
File: Gas_pop_cover.png (222KB, 325x318px) Image search: [Google]
Gas_pop_cover.png
222KB, 325x318px
>>69125203
>>
>>69125993
>>69127549
Why are you acting so insecure ?
>>
the two hundred gigabytes of paulstretched movie dialogue that I uploaded to get free upload from seedboxes
>>
>>69127560
This is on soulseek in flac
>>
>>69127084
I can't believe you explained all that to the dude, that was nice anon.

Yea I never found any obscure shit on what.cd, I would always have to use Soulseek
>>
>>69127560
that's borderline mainstream
>>
>>69127703
kek
I see that album like twice a week on here
>>
>>69127560
>GAS
>obscure

you can buy NUF digital on frickin' boomkat my man

it'll be in blogs/share threads until the end of time
>>
>>69127560
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=701701
>>
>>69127560
Knowing /mu/ this probably isn't even a bait.
Just nuke this board already.
>>
>>69127549

Classical fag here, can confirm. Both are accurate.
>>
good fucking luck finding rips of original pressings, rare mixes/masters, etc

last thing I ever snatched was the Japanese Joy Division box set :(
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.