[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus fucking Christ this sounds like ass. What were they thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: syd barrett.jpg (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
syd barrett.jpg
109KB, 500x500px
Jesus fucking Christ this sounds like ass. What were they thinking putting out a bunch of unfinished studio fuckups from a drug-fried schizo?

Do people worship Barrett so much that they'll even defend this piece of shit? I mean, I guess the more finished songs like "Octopus" and "Here I Go" are ok, but I will slash my wrists if I have to hear "If It's in You" again.
>>
Uninteresting and unoriginal opinions on what some may call a psych-pop classic.
>>
>>69106066
there's something unhinged about this record in a way that only a truly insane person could truly capture
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 509x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 509x449px
literally better than anything Reddit Waters Floyd ever did

eat shit, prog fag
>>
>>69106066
Sometimes I skip songs in it, but it is an incredible album. Just try getting anyone you know to cover it on guitar. Bet they can't. That's what you call raw talent and it can't be recreated.
>>
The unhinged feeling is why it's so great.
It's a masterpiece.
>>
if you want something more finished listen to his next album
>>
its a lot better than anything post animals pf
>>
YUM YUMMY YUM DON'T YUMMY YUM YUM YOM
>>
I think this album is only "ok" but what makes it "ok" and not "bad" is a combination of the emotional resonance of the music and the uniqueness of it, the technically bad playing is also totally unique

Some people just don't give a fuck if music is played well, I think a lot of self-styled music nerds don't get that. Talent is not a one-dimensional thing that you either have or don't have so check a box
>>
>>69106066
Go home David Gilmour
>>
the draw is in the lyrics.

he was much more of a writer and artist before a musician. he has his own style, flippant lyricism despite simple chords on a guitar
>>
File: sydbarrett-foto.jpg (1013KB, 1237x2025px) Image search: [Google]
sydbarrett-foto.jpg
1013KB, 1237x2025px
>>69108408
This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smVYvnnqewA
>>
He touched on what music truely is, if sheerly lightly, regretfully, that's rare. He's just rare in a world of idiots who should never make music even once. So, yes, he is indeed over-reveered, but he definitely has a value.. It all comes from his deep love for classical music, that he could just convey the feeling of it to a listener... That's valid, since it's didactic... Beyond that? All popular music has sucked since the hippies fucked everything up and made music a playpen for literal clubrunawaykids. #rogerbarrett
>>
IT'S A GOOD ALBUM YOU SHITKEKS

FUCK PINK FLOYD STICK A GERBIL UP R)GER WATER ANUS
>>
Actually I always thought this is what Pink Floyd would've sounded like if Syd stayed with the band. This Barrett and Opel are good albums but I guess it's a matter of taste. Far better than anything PF did after Obscured by Clouds.
>>
OP might like "Barrett" more
>>
>>69107938
David Gilmore produced the album you twat.
>>
>>69106066
This album is only so popular because of the myth around his creation (dude locked himself on acid in a room and recorded the whole album in a few days or something) and it's stylish cover. His self-titled is a proper album, check it out
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.