[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or does this sound a bit too "digital"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: download (80).jpg (11KB, 385x131px) Image search: [Google]
download (80).jpg
11KB, 385x131px
Is it just me or does this sound a bit too "digital" don't get me wrong I love the one I have but it doesnt have the analog-ish sound people said it did, again, still love it. Im going to get a Juno 60/6 as well, would this be a good upgrade?

/synth/ general too I guess
>>
>>69098373
Keep in mind the Juno 60 and 6 do not have MIDI capability, though you can buy a retrofit kit to install MIDI ports in them.
>>
>>69098433
Yeah that isnt a worry for me
>>
>>69098373
Run it into a overdrive/fuzz guitar pedal for a warmer tone; MXR, Boss, etc.
>>
I don't know, I think I'm getting a good, organic sound out of mine

What type of music are you making with it?
>>
>>69098447
Cool. A lot of people don't realize it until they purchase a 60 or 6. Then they realize they actually wanted a Juno 106
>>
>>69098483
sort of synthpop soundscape-y stuff inspired by bands like Animal Collective, Tangerine Dream, Duran Duran, or XTC, not like Foreigner style arena rock or something like that
>>
>>69098373
well yeah, it's essentially a preset machine. not really a VA synth.

what are you trying to achieve with the juno?
>>
I'm glad there's a thread for this, I've been looking everywhere for a good synth, but I don't know where to begin. No physical store around me sells them so I can't just try some out. So how do I find a good synth? I have this Arturia MicroBrute but it just sounds like an 80s video game soundtrack, not the type of sound I'm looking for.
>>
Is the Minilogue superior to the Microkorg?
>>
>>69098496
maybe, I know a lot more about the 60/6 so I might have to do some research on the 106
>>
>>69098665
yes, but for the price, idk

>>69098536
well I don't know that much, as I said here>>69098529 I'd like to make music inspired by those artists but of course I'm not trying to copy anyone. I don't know 100% but the thing I do know is that some of the songs I make are probably going to be based around sounds I make first, and the Juno 60/6 has I sound I'm pretty fond of.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
>>69098373
superior cheap lil synth
>>
Do you guys like the MS20 Mini? I've had one for about 3 months now and have not really been too excited about any sounds I've gotten out of it. I spend a lot of time trying different patches and it always seems to be variations on about 3 flavors of sound.
>>
>>69098828
I think some people are considering it the best inexpensive synth as of now
>>
>>69098373
Hey OP
I Own a Microkorg XL+
It was my first synth when I bought it, so I didn't know shit about digital vs analog
But anyways I thought it sounded great

Then I bought a monotribe and some volcas, and I still thought the MK sounded great

Now I'm owning a Minibrute, and I'm trying to record some of my jams with my gear and honestly what I've heard basically is this :
Cheap analog synth (volcas) won't sound better than a MK just because it's analog, but when it comes to the brute, an especially for Bass sounds and mellow leads, the Brute does it better, and the MK will sound either flat, or too agressive.

IMO this is a good synth to jam with, especially with a looper, and if you only use this synth in your production it will sound OK, but when using this with other gear, sometimes it quite doesn't match.

TL;DR Digital is superior to cheap analog because cheap is cheap, but good analog will sound better than a MK
>>
>>69098665
depends on what you want to do
Keep in mind that minilogue is 4 voices only
If I were you I'd look at the yamaha reface series
They're cheaper and sound quite good
>>
>>69099002
yeah I know but a good sounding analog synth will be better than the sound of a digital synth, and a Juno 60/6 is a good sounding analog synth
>>
>>69099141
Oh sure, but good analog is so fucking expensive...
>>
>>69099195
and I think a Juno is a really good opportunity, so I'm going to pick one up
>>
>>69098626
korg minilogue is hard to beat at it's price
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR1PrKfUvsQ
>>
>>69099442
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll consider it. Any other options?
>>
File: 1438876456151.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1438876456151.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>69098373
All about how you use it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0yxfVUs1lY
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.