[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know anything about Arca's Reverie? He teased

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: .,..jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
.,..jpg
59KB, 500x500px
Does anyone know anything about Arca's Reverie? He teased it really early this year in like February or something but just said it would come out this year, no release date or anything?
>>
Same happened with the new Glassjaw record...

Rumored albums of 2016 thread?
>>
>>69096415
>Rumored albums of 2016 thread?
pretty sure Flylo said he was releasing two albums this year

One from Captain Murphy and one from him

apparently he made a movie instead. I'm disappointed.
>>
>>69096415

Gorillaz was supposed to release their new album this year then came out and said "Nah man 2017"
>>
>>69096399
I hope Reverie is shorter than his last LP. There were some good ideas in there, but the length and repetition of them took away a lot of the intrigue.
>>
>>69096612
I loved Mutant but I agree.

A nice project that could've used a bit more polishing and trimming
>>
>>69096612
more tracks like anger and faggot would be good. the title track of mutant doesn't justify it's 7-minute runtime
>>
>>69096612
the album format has never been his strong suit desu - he should stick to eps and mixtapes imo and that would be a perfectly valid way to release his music. lps aren't all that...
>>
>>69097023
True. His mixtapes are great. I feel like not enough artists find the format that they work best in. The Smiths have some good albums, but they worked as a singles machine way better. Similarly Pink Floyd always worked better on albums than singles.
>>
How to into Arca? Autechre are one of my favourites desu
>>
>>69097566
what do you think about Entranas
>>
>>69097657
Don't know that desu senpai
>>
>>69097666
desu senpai you should spin it right now senpai
>>
>>69097566
>>69097566
most say start with his mixtapes but personally I recommend Mutant if you like Autechre
>>
File: dubdubdub.jpg (8KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
dubdubdub.jpg
8KB, 262x193px
>>69097700
I'll do that, friendo. Also, checked.
>>
>>69097566
>>69097666
>>69097700
>>69097744
nice digits
>>
Holy shit, I've been chosen
>>
>>69097487
yeh, exactly. it's just....i feel a major component and one of the main draws of arca's music is it's formlessness...the fact that his music never fully takes shape....and since lps are inherently "supposed" to be structured or have some sort of narrative or w/e it just doesn't seem to be congruent with arca's ethos if u know what i mean? that prob doesn't make much sense but...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.